Liverpool v wolves - 26 december 5.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby made in UK » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:40 am

Being pi$$ed, being Christmas and all that brings out the optimist in me so .....

2-0 Liverpool.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:56 am

The only teams we have a 100% record against in the Premiership are West Bromwich Albion and Burnley (played once!). Despite sides like Swindle, Wolves, Barnsley and Watford coming and going, some only spending one season in the top flight, we didn't beat them every time. So we should expect to beat them, but don't count any chickens that ain't served up today. They won at white tart lane, we lost there. They've won three of their last four games, not putting out a full strength side in the one game they lost, while we have to go back eleven games to add up our last three wins.

I can't see them winning, I can't see them getting a draw, but we're in the kind of form that leaves question marks over our games.

Wolves vs the big six (09/10)

TOT 0-1 WLV
MNU 3-0 WLV
CHE 4-0 WLV
WLV 1-4 ARS
MNC 1-0 WLV

P5 W1 D0 L4 F2 A12 (Won 20.00%)

We've lost five away, they've lost five away. We've only won one more away game than they have, their home form is not good with defeats at Molineux against West Ham, Brum and Portsmouth their more embarrassing home defeats
Last edited by Owzat on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:29 am

I sense a 2:1 win for us.
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:32 am

My heart says 2-0 Liverpool.
My mind says 1-1 draw.
shawnk

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Mash getting suspended could be a blessing as it would probably be Aquilani's chance to stake a claim for regular football. lets hope the manager isnt daft enough to play Spearing or Plessis beside Lucas :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Madmax » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:26 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:Mash getting suspended could be a blessing as it would probably be Aquilani's chance to stake a claim for regular football. lets hope the manager isnt daft enough to play Spearing or Plessis beside Lucas :D

always possible mate   :D
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:49 am

We will win, I can feel it. If we were to lose then Rafa would set new records :

- Worst ever Premiership start (19 games)
- First Liverpool team to lose eight Premiership games by game 19
- First Liverpool team to lose the 19th game of Premiership season (P17 W9 D8 L0)
- First Liverpool team to lose to Wolves in the Premiership and the first to lose at home to them since 1984 (helps they've been in the top flight once inbetween)
- Most goals conceded after 19 games if we concede three to make it 28 against, two and it's joint worst with 92/93 (27)

Even a draw would make it joint worst start

Depends very much on the team and whether the key players play. Let's stop worrying about what Kuyt and Lucas do or don't do, and look to the supposed stars like Johnson, Carra, Agger, possibly Aquilani, Benayoun, Torres and Gerrard. Some readily knock Kuyt and Lucas, but I don't see threads criticising the form of the others which has been far from sparkling. No 100+ page threads with Torres or Gerrard criticised, maybe not deserving of criticism as much, but I'll bet half the 100+ pages of the Kuyt thread are Kuyt-bashing and I bet Penguins has at least 50 if not 100 entries in that thread and says much the same negative things every time.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:08 am

going to be a very easy win this, its more down to how the players look today, they need to be seen to be working as a team.

3-0
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:04 am

Mornin campers. cant wait for 5 oclock

COMEON BOYS
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:17 am

I hope we hammer them,especially cause that kunt McCarthy rested 10 players against UTD putting his @rse in the air...there you go alex bang me and have all 3 points!!

We need a good confident performance today to TRY and get some momentum going.....and Rafa play the best 11 and no fuc'king about you loon!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:42 am

Torres hat-trick ? Got my money on a 4-0 with a good performance to get people back in the mood...

Need to start looking at Villa and City and start hoping they drop tons of points because quite honestly i cant see us catching up with Chelsea, Utd and Arsenal... Wouldnt be a bad idea keeping an eye on Fulham, Birmingham and Stoke either... if we fail to get points and results dont go our way this week we could end up in 10th place miles off the pace...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:18 pm

aCe' wrote:Torres hat-trick ? Got my money on a 4-0 with a good performance to get people back in the mood...

Need to start looking at Villa and City and start hoping they drop tons of points because quite honestly i cant see us catching up with Chelsea, Utd and Arsenal... Wouldnt be a bad idea keeping an eye on Fulham, Birmingham and Stoke either... if we fail to get points and results dont go our way this week we could end up in 10th place miles off the pace...

Sad but true  :down:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:43 pm

Morning all. I think having spent yesterday with their families everyone will be a bit more relaxed and focused. Forget everyone else around us we need to win today!!!!

My prediction - 4-0

2 for Torres, 2 for Stevie

Anyone got any team news? Aquilani?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:59 pm

Babels not playing said on his twitter page hasnt been picked to play trained this morning but was going home to watch the game on the telly.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:04 pm

Ciggy wrote:Babels not playing said on his twitter page hasnt been picked to play trained this morning but was going home to watch the game on the telly.

He said all that on his twitter?  :p

Which other players are on twitter?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games