Liverpool v wolves - 26 december 5.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby made in UK » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:48 pm

shawnk wrote:I think the best player were the fans, they were awesome at Anfield. Countering the boos with cheers. 10/10

I thought the crowd were pretty poor yesterday, (must be all them OOters). A half hearted 'Rafa.. Ra fa el' after we went one nil and the sense of utter frustration nearing the end of the first half was all they could muster up.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:46 pm

I dont know how ANYONE thought we'd do very well against a very defensive wolves side - With the comical side that was put out.

Playing at home with 2 out of 11 players who you couldnt class as attackers - Benayoun couldnt stray too far due to having to cover Johnson, it was 8 defenders vs torres and Stevie...until the sending off

What a joke of a lineup for a home game against Wolves (who ARE a championship team, make no mistake)- Where was the width? It sure as hell wasnt coming from our sideways passing defensive midfielders or our two leftbacks.

Nothing but poor judgement when picking the side and formation caused yesterday - thank feck they got a couple a soft yellow cards on the same player.

Start playing 4-4-2 Rafa cos EVERY manager has got you pegged with what looked like a great formation last season.

Dont even get me started again on Zonal marking.

I was there at the game and cheering my nuts off as usual - the same cant be said for everyone. I thought maybe i was being a little judgemental so just watched it again after downloading it - I wasnt wrong.

Get a grip Liverpool (Im including Rafa, the players and a fair fews fans in that)

The only saving grace? we won (thank Thors hammer for that one) - I would say without the sending off it would have been 0-0 - because Rafa wouldnt have changed the side till too late.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:34 pm

thought we would win and said it wouldnt be pretty.  If it was 11-11 I think we would of struggled to win.  1st half was a joke.
puroresu

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Three critically important points but it didn't look like the goal was always going to come. Gerrard and Johnson struck a few decent shots between them from the edge of the box, and Torres worked that shot early on, but they weren't exactly gilt-edged chances and told of our inability to penetrate or to string a few incisive passes together. Wolves, IMO, had as good a first half as we did with the Doyle chance, and then two other good chances with Ebanks blake and Milijas (volley wide of goal). The goal when it came was above all a relief (and a release I'd say), and what a header it was for sheer dertermination. It took a lot of ability as well though to time it right and get ahead of the two centre halves. Once that went in, with confidence boosted and a man advantage, it was effectively game over.

The concern for me is that in the most important period of the match, we didn't really penetrate and looked a little shakey at the back.
LFC2007

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:47 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
devaney wrote:However I do have a lot of admiration with the supporters that are managing to keep the faith with Benitez during these awful times.

Thanks for you admraton there mate :laugh: much appreciated

knew i had an admirer somewhere :laugh:

Nanny - I haven't forgotten your Portsmouth rant !!!  :D  :D  :D
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)