Liverpool V West Ham - Sat Sep 20th - 5.30pm Kick Off

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby aCe' » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Fck this shiit..

The poor transfer market is starting to show more and more with every passing game. I'm not sure any of the players we have brought in have shown enough to justify a place in the starting 11 never mind justifying their price tags,

Oh, and Mignolet is as poor as ever.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:30 pm

We needed pace and creativity to get another goal so why Lambert, we have Suso, Markovich and Coutinho and instead we play with Borini, Lucas and Lambert. Says it all really
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Funnily enough I called this at the start of the season, if I could see it a mile off, why the f*ck couldn't Rodgers...

Saying I told you so is something I hoped you'd all be doing to me, not the other way round. Oh well! Typical when you support a selling club who doesn't keep its best players and build around them.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Against Villa it was the formation that was poor, instead of changing that he changed the fooking team
Last edited by Boocity on Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:36 pm

We are all over the place defensively and have been for a few seasons now. We have lost a player whose goals helped us outscore teams and mask our defensive deficiencies somewhat . No doubt Sturridge and Sterling will help do that this in certain games but we have some very real problems as a defensive unit and no longer have a world class player up top who can win us games on his own so it is paramount we fix the defensive issues otherwise it is going to be very long season. West Ham did not seriously have to work hard for any of their goals today and that is criminal. Genuinely think BR needs a helping hand with organising us defensively and we really have to look at getting Carra in
Doeboy

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:38 pm

That was desperately poor performance but it wasnt surprising considering the lack of the talent in the team. Borini and Lucas are so poor and the fact that Rodgers is selecting them ahead of players that over £20mil pounds says a lot about our transfers. Rodgers to pull his finger out and sort this mess out fast, the title is gone now if we dont turn it around soon then top 4 race could be over before we know it as well.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Doeboy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:36 pm wrote:We are all over the place defensively and have been for a few seasons now. We have lost a player whose goals helped us outscore teams and mask our defensive deficiencies somewhat . No doubt Sturridge and Sterling will help do that this in certain games but we have some very real problems as a defensive unit and no longer have a world class player up top who can win us games on his own so it is paramount we fix the defensive issues otherwise it is going to be very long season. West Ham did not seriously have to work hard for any of their goals today and that is criminal. Genuinely think BR needs a helping hand with organising us defensively and we really have to look at getting Carra in

Oh fooking wise up, no defence is any good without a midfield. Any defence in the league will suffer having Lucas and Gerrard in front of them.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Our midfield is just f##king brutal, it has been for 18 months but the Suarez/Sturridge/Sterling combo was that good they were able to carry it.
It doesn't offer any protection whatsoever to the back 4 and it doesn't create chances for our forwards either, it doesn't even run around and work hard. It does nothing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Boocity » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:38 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:36 pm wrote:We are all over the place defensively and have been for a few seasons now. We have lost a player whose goals helped us outscore teams and mask our defensive deficiencies somewhat . No doubt Sturridge and Sterling will help do that this in certain games but we have some very real problems as a defensive unit and no longer have a world class player up top who can win us games on his own so it is paramount we fix the defensive issues otherwise it is going to be very long season. West Ham did not seriously have to work hard for any of their goals today and that is criminal. Genuinely think BR needs a helping hand with organising us defensively and we really have to look at getting Carra in

Oh fooking wise up, no defence is any good without a midfield. Any defence in the league will suffer having Lucas and Gerrard in front of them.

Wind your neck in, when I say defensive unit I mean what is in front of the defense as well
Doeboy

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Doeboy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:36 pm wrote:We are all over the place defensively and have been for a few seasons now. We have lost a player whose goals helped us outscore teams and mask our defensive deficiencies somewhat . No doubt Sturridge and Sterling will help do that this in certain games but we have some very real problems as a defensive unit and no longer have a world class player up top who can win us games on his own so it is paramount we fix the defensive issues otherwise it is going to be very long season. West Ham did not seriously have to work hard for any of their goals today and that is criminal. Genuinely think BR needs a helping hand with organising us defensively and we really have to look at getting Carra in

Agree until the last line, which is frankly boll0cks.

Its about players, if you have good players and the right players the problems get sorted by quality. We don't, we have a shocking keeper, Skrtel, who's pathetic most of the time, a 34 year old who's legs have gone and a genuine lack of true quality all over the pitch.

The only top quality player we have is Balotelli who's being used wrong and then Coutinho and Sterling who are potentially of a similar level. Lovren is a good player but isnt going to sort the shambles of a defence out on his own. Agger and Reina were stupidly released and no real quality was added to the side.

As I said all through out the summer, we should have improved the first 11. But what would I know, Rodgers obviously knows best signing sh*t like Moreno...

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:53 pm

Doeboy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:40 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:38 pm wrote:

Wind your neck in, when I say defensive unit I mean what is in front of the defense as well

And what will Carra do! You can't sort it out without the right players and we don't have that in DM.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:57 pm

I don't want to listen to or watch BR's post match review cause you know it'll be full of nonsense.

The defence needs serious sorting. Get Hansen, Carra, Steve Clarke, anybody, just get it sorted. We should have kept Agger as well.

Midfield, well, I don't know what to say apart from just awful.

We need a Comms Officer to teach the players how and when to communicate. Currently, it looks like they don't know what communicating is about.

Need a new Goal Keeping Coach, current one is not good for LFC. Actually, may as well get a new keeper whilst they are at it. I know there were issues with Reina, but come on, BR and Reina could have sorted it out. We should have kept Reina, he is miles better then what we have right now.

What were the tactics and formation for today's game. I couldn't work it out as we were all over the place.

Look, I like BR, but for some reason, I feel he's become a little smug because of what we achieved last season. Don't know if any of you get that impression?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:13 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:57 pm wrote:I don't want to listen to or watch BR's post match review cause you know it'll be full of nonsense.

The defence needs serious sorting. Get Hansen, Carra, Steve Clarke, anybody, just get it sorted. We should have kept Agger as well.

Midfield, well, I don't know what to say apart from just awful.

We need a Comms Officer to teach the players how and when to communicate. Currently, it looks like they don't know what communicating is about.

Need a new Goal Keeping Coach, current one is not good for LFC. Actually, may as well get a new keeper whilst they are at it. I know there were issues with Reina, but come on, BR and Reina could have sorted it out. We should have kept Reina, he is miles better then what we have right now.

What were the tactics and formation for today's game. I couldn't work it out as we were all over the place.

Look, I like BR, but for some reason, I feel he's become a little smug because of what we achieved last season. Don't know if any of you get that impression?

Spot on. I think BR has a weakness when it comes to the defensive side of the game. Carra is a modern day defender with vast experience behind him. Also has a good footballing brain. For me, it really is a no brainer. We can pick out individuals all day long, but IMO we are poor as a unit, including what is in front of the defence. Sometimes you have to make sure the sum is stronger than the parts and this is where we need to be better drilled. LVG has pretty poor poor/ordinary defenders at the scum, but you bet your bottom dollar he will get them well drilled to be effective as a unit. This is where BR has to earn his corn for me and someone like Carra could be invaluable to him
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Its not a defensive coach that we need but a change of direction, the team should not be getting built around a 34 year old who's legs have gone, no matter how great he was in the past.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:35 pm wrote:Its not a defensive coach that we need but a change of direction, the team should not be getting built around a 34 year old who's legs have gone, no matter how great he was in the past.

couldn't agree more with this comment
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games