Liverpool V Norwich - Sunday 20th September Kick off 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Let's just get it out there...
That was as good as this LFC team are going to play on any given day. The match was at home and it was against Norwich.
The result 1-1 against Norwich; at home; having played as good as we can.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:53 pm wrote:Radio Merseyside saying it was a tremendous performance, one or two unjustified boo's at the final whistle.

Tremendous ? Must have been watching the 2013 game.

I thought we looked better the first half with Benteke and Sturridge despite not creating enough. Manager got it completely wrong with everything from subs to formation in the second half.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Radio Merseyside must be on the payroll because it certainly wasn't a tremendous performance. Either that or BR is slipping them some brown envelopes. Dissapointing
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:00 pm

We just have to face the truth in that we have a really poor side.   :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:00 pm

Well they were saying we actually looked like a team for once and we deserved to win.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:04 pm

Sometimes you have to hold your hand up and take responsibility. There is no way that result was down to the manager. The team selection was good, the formation was good, the tactics were good. What was bad was the sloppy play from the players who gave the ball away too cheaply, and the wastefulness in front of goal. Corners are a waste of time if theres no decent delivery and no-one to put it in the net. And to have the chances we did and not score is bordering on criminal.
The manager cant be blamed for that
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby parchpea » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:06 pm

Dont think anyones surprised by result.

Rodgers is stinking the place out now and Liverpool are going nowhere fast under his stewardship.

Sooner FSG admit they got it wrong this summer the better and we can all take a deep breath and start over.

Seen this too many times over years and Rodgers is done now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:00 pm wrote:Well they were saying we actually looked like a team for once and we deserved to win.

We had a few chances alright and had a bit of tempo at times but no way did we deserve to win it. We got what we deserved at the end and that was a point.
Its norwich mate and at home but again we blew it. same old same old shyte and always looking vulnerable.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:08 pm

I know Coutinho is still young,  but we really need to see him finding some consistency. On his day, a magical player, but for me he has too many games where everything seems to pass him by.
Doeboy

Postby only me » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:08 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:04 pm wrote:Sometimes you have to hold your hand up and take responsibility. There is no way that result was down to the manager. The team selection was good, the formation was good, the tactics were good. What was bad was the sloppy play from the players who gave the ball away too cheaply, and the wastefulness in front of goal. Corners are a waste of time if theres no decent delivery and no-one to put it in the net. And to have the chances we did and not score is bordering on criminal.

Actually that's the exact reason why it's all down to the manager. His inability to take this bunch of talented players and bake them into something which deadly ,that's the criminal act.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:04 pm wrote:Sometimes you have to hold your hand up and take responsibility. There is no way that result was down to the manager. The team selection was good, the formation was good, the tactics were good. What was bad was the sloppy play from the players who gave the ball away too cheaply, and the wastefulness in front of goal. Corners are a waste of time if theres no decent delivery and no-one to put it in the net. And to have the chances we did and not score is bordering on criminal.

Agree with this 100%....Lets just get behind him and give him a chance ffs - all the mooaning isnt gonna help or change a thing
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:13 pm

Mikz » Sep 20th, '15, 18:10 wrote:

Agree with this 100%....Lets just get behind him and give him a chance ffs - all the mooaning isnt gonna help or change a thing

But the fans have given him enormous amounts of chances, and FSG have gave him plenty of cash over the seasons to make and mould the team into his vision, whatever that is (Barcelona maybe! yeah right.) Enough is enough.....
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby aCe' » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:14 pm

Mikz » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:10 pm wrote:

Give him a chance ? What do you call the last 3 years ?

He's made mistake today. He finally puts out his strongest side but I didnt like the setup, didnt like the subs, didnt like his management of the game overall and to draw against Norwich at home is inexcusable. Down to 13th now, and the crowd is now firmly against him.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:29 pm

We would have won the game if the chances were taken...That cant be the managers fault. Some of our play was outstanding
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:47 pm

I didn't see the game so i can't really comment but by the sounds of it today's display was much better than our performances away at Stoke and at home to Bournemouth (where we won maximum points).
Sometimes footy is like that, sometimes teams don't get what they deserve, sometimes you win 3 points when your performance doesn't warrant it and sometimes you win one point when you deserve all 3.
I'm all for criticising the manager when we churn out the type of turgid shyte that we were earlier on in the season but imo it's unfair to criticise him too much when we have put together a display of flowing football and have been undone by individual errors.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games