LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - FA CUP SEMI FINAL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:22 pm

some strange 'supporters/fans/whatever you wanna call ems on here..... Not happy when we lose (understandable) not happy when we dominate a game but dont finish it off and drop points (understandable) and not happy when we win!!!! Yes, we made hard work of it - but how many of you lot complainin were moanin after we won in Istanbul when arguably we were saved by subbin Kewell off and Didi on? Managers make mistakes, players make mistakes, ffs we all make mistakes, but the fact is we're thru to another Wembley final. Lets celebrate it and pick the bloody bones out of it after the dust settles.

I think the world knows Carra aint got many games left in him. And to be honest, everyone here - almost  - has complained about Enrique since xmas, but when the gaffer plays it difrent its wrong! We looked shaky at the back no doubt about it, but it was a strange line-up with a strange goalie behind it - not the best for confidence, but in the bosses eyes the best for the day. And without actually changin it it worked. We started with Johno, Carra, Skittles and Agger and we finished with that 4 at the back. So obviously not that much wrong. Or did FIFA12/PES12 say it wernt right? We're all great managers outside the arena but none of us get the privilege to pick the side knowin the team quite as well as the management team do, and if they feel that was the best line-up, and that line-up gets us thru (and lets be honest in that 2nd half we rarely looked anythin less than winners) then they got it right. End of.

Moan all you want when we lose, whinge if we draw, but jesus h christ, lets enjoy a semi-final victory u miserable fkrs
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:29 pm

RedSi35 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:41 pm wrote:
ethanr » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:39 pm wrote:Carroll won't get many better chances then that.. Nobody knows he's ***** that up more then him tho.. Let's see all the anti-Carroll people come out now and slate the hell out of him.

Ethan....................he is a 35million pound player who couldnt head the ball into the net from 2 yards out.

He deserves every ounce of criticism for that

How old are you?
Homebooby

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:32 pm

only me » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:05 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:36 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:26 pm wrote:
We had a great win today but Kenny didn't help the team win by picking the WRONG squad to start with. Fans here live and die by the end .

Maybe the biggest surprise was that Kenny put Agger in at LB instead of Enrique but ............Erm............ In case you didn't notice, we won. Maybe you'd like to explain to the rest of us fu'ckwits how
Kenny didn't help the team win by picking the WRONG squad to start with.
? .

???

Watch the the everton goal you might get a tiny little hint....

Ah , ok so Kenny gets  sh'ite from experts like yourself  because we conceded a goal and yet despite the team going on to win it Kenny still gets no credit ?

Fu*king typical.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Homebooby » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Time for all the nay sayers to sit back, shut up and start enjoying the revival....get on board, there's more to come. Whether we win this cup or not, this is the most positive things have felt for years in my opinion and I even go back to the days of Rafa. I don't see what joy anyone on here can derive from highlighting mistakes and criticizing the team, mistakes and strange choices have always existed and are always forgotten, results remain. This is what being part of a great club is about...start enjoying it.

Again, just as a reminder, 12 months ago we were so far away from anything even a single cup final was unthinkable...2 cup finals in one season has got to be good for morale and changing that belief back into a winners belief....that WAS the Liverpool way. Kenny said it best last Tuesday, I never doubted for a minute that we weren't gonna win....it was funny cos I had the same feeling as I was watching it and I haven't had that feeling for a long long long time.

Onwards  :)
Homebooby

Postby lakes10 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:02 pm

maguskwt » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:16 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:45 pm wrote:This is a great day for the club and for Kenny and for real fans.
YNWA

How many steps did you climb to get on it?

Many and many more sad ones.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:34 pm

How do you solve the consistency issues?

Not just today, but many many games this season we have been dire one half and brilliant the next.

I would settle for good in both half's.

Is it a matter of confidence? tactics? personnel? playing style? Only Kenny and the team knows ! How do we go from being flat and grey in one half today, to fluid confident marauders 20 mins later?

Are Kenny's pre match talks not getting through or understood properly??? It seems that half time ( and so it should be ) is used to knock some confidence into the players. If we could only get it right for two halves then we have one hell of a team.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Watch the the everton goal you might get a tiny little hint....[/quote]

Ah , ok so Kenny gets  sh'ite from experts like yourself  because we conceded a goal and yet despite the team going on to win it Kenny still gets no credit ?

Fu*king typical.[/quote]

Kenny gets credit for the win as well as "Shiite" for his continues squad selection errors ,it's pretty simple. You can keep huffing and puffing it won't change a thing. You and Kenny are probably the only football experts which think Carra should start ahead of Ahead of Agger as a CB ,good for you both...

And do grow up will yeh ,we are only discussing football tactics and lineup ,we are all over the moon with this win and we all support the team . Just would like to see things being managed a bit different.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:52 pm

RedSi35 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:34 pm wrote:How do you solve the consistency issues?

Not just today, but many many games this season we have been dire one half and brilliant the next.

I would settle for good in both half's.

Is it a matter of confidence? tactics? personnel? playing style? Only Kenny and the team knows ! How do we go from being flat and grey in one half today, to fluid confident marauders 20 mins later?

Are Kenny's pre match talks not getting through or understood properly??? It seems that half time ( and so it should be ) is used to knock some confidence into the players. If we could only get it right for two halves then we have one hell of a team.

but we was not "Dire" in the first half today, we had a bit of bad luck with their goal and it was offside, we could have gone in 2-0 up.
we started very strong and thats true of most of our games this year but after 15 min we tend to sit back a bit  thats all, playing so deep never help and we have also done that a lot in the first half this season.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:07 pm

what a fecking amazing result end of! i'm so proud of the whole club,fans etc. but also proud of the everton fans for showing their support in their own colours of the boycott of the s*n before kick off, that show of support,respect & unity within the city & fight for justice for the 96 should not & never be overlooked!

the game for me was so emotionalaly charged -i'm a survivor of hillsborough- being pulled out of leppings lane will always make me be so thankfull for life. i went through every emotion today as a father watching the the game with my 18 year old son. i was 22 years old when i was at hillsborough. so today i kept thinking deep down in my stomach-please lads win for the 96 - cause words are easy to say but i know they would have been cheering the lads on today aswell!

the derby is all about the result & today LFC got the result that will i'm sure of made the 96 smile. please everyone remember that! we beat the toffee's in another epic encounter-but more importantly for me i have lived another day to witness it. please,please remember their are 96 brothers & sisters who didn't. for me i'm so privaliged to be alive & witness the result today- well played lads,i love you & know that on 15/04/1989 everyone else around me that so sadly didn't make it home that day loved you on that day,as they would have loved you today!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:29 pm

only me » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:49 pm wrote:Watch the the everton goal you might get a tiny little hint....

Fu*king typical.[/quote]

Kenny gets credit for the win as well as "Shiite" for his continues squad selection errors ,it's pretty simple. You can keep huffing and puffing it won't change a thing. You and Kenny are probably the only football experts which think Carra should start ahead of Ahead of Agger as a CB ,good for you both...

And do grow up will yeh ,we are only discussing football tactics and lineup ,we are all over the moon with this win and we all support the team . Just would like to see things being managed a bit different.[/quote]

Exactly which selection errors? I've said before in this thread that every man and his dog has whinged about Enrique since Xmas, so Kenny leaves him out (not for one minute do I believe its a result of the whingin by the way) and plays Agger there. He could have put Johno there, switched Carra to RB an played Agger in the middle but he chose not to. Either way, theres a damn fine chance Agger and Carra were gonna be on the pitch at some time together today. They made an error that cost a goal. Granted, schoolboy type error that required Carra's trademark 'hoof' but thats beside the point. Can you imagine the result of potentially puttin Carra at RB? Hmmm, cudda played Flano at RB..... after Tuesday? Could have stuck with Enrique at LB.... but to so many that'd be wrong too. So the boss went with what he went with. And what he went with helped win the match. Find me a match in the PL this season where there have been NO mistakes by either team and I'll support your idea that he made the wrong selection, but while we come out winners, in a game we fully deserved to win, then I wont question that decision when it could have been so much worse had he gone another way.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:46 pm

[/quote]

Exactly which selection errors?

They made an error that cost a goal. Granted, schoolboy type error that required Carra's trademark 'hoof' but thats beside the point. [/quote]

That is exacly my point ,Carra's and Agger error isn't beside the point ,it is the point ,it was the point across the whole month of March. Agger was injured ,Carra filled in the whole defence collapsed. Carra (god bless him) isn't fit for top premiership football anymore ,it is evident for all to see and insisting on him is not supplying our team with the best tools to win. Same point goes with Hendo ,which has proven he isn't ready to play the starting eleven but still gets waived in on the expense of much more capable players.

So yes we were much better and we deserved to win and by a larger margin for sure but their is no excuse in not playing our best players just because you are stubborn or nostalgic or romantic or whatever. All season long we see the types of Adam and Hendo and Carrol at times being waved in on the expense of other which were in better form (be it Bellamy ,Maxi ,Kuyt or even Jonjo) ,this kind of selection errors are repeated time after time ,but hey i would rather talk after a glorious Win then after a lose.

Cheers.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Exactly which selection errors?

They made an error that cost a goal. Granted, schoolboy type error that required Carra's trademark 'hoof' but thats beside the point. [/quote]

That is exacly my point ,Carra's and Agger error isn't beside the point ,it is the point ,it was the point across the whole month of March. Agger was injured ,Carra filled in the whole defence collapsed. Carra (god bless him) isn't fit for top premiership football anymore ,it is evident for all to see and insisting on him is not supplying our team with the best tools to win. Same point goes with Hendo ,which has proven he isn't ready to play the starting eleven but still gets waived in on the expense of much more capable players.

So yes we were much better and we deserved to win and by a larger margin for sure but their is no excuse in not playing our best players just because you are stubborn or nostalgic or romantic or whatever. All season long we see the types of Adam and Hendo and Carrol at times being waved in on the expense of other which were in better form (be it Bellamy ,Maxi ,Kuyt or even Jonjo) ,this kind of selection errors are repeated time after time ,but hey i would rather talk after a glorious Win then after a lose.

Cheers.[/quote]

We won - we move on - who f*cking cares now.
Benny The Noon

Postby redhayesy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:25 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:36 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:26 pm wrote:
We had a great win today but Kenny didn't help the team win by picking the WRONG squad to start with. Fans here live and die by the end .

Maybe the biggest surprise was that Kenny put Agger in at LB instead of Enrique but ............Erm............ In case you didn't notice, we won. Maybe you'd like to explain to the rest of us fu'ckwits how
Kenny didn't help the team win by picking the WRONG squad to start with.
? .

???

please can't you as a mod have any influence on why people are alowed to post during a match? why the feck are people even posting during a match is beyond me! i for one are too busy fecking watching the game,not communicating with anyone around me during the game - let alone fecking post during it! where the feck do they find the time(or delayed bullshyte is it)
have to say i can really understand why  long standing posters in the past don't bother anymore!! -watch the game end of! then post your opinions-but please think before you post- opinions are one thing-lack of knowledge of the club's set up is another. + boo boys don't bother posting,for me it's the biggest insult you can pay the club you are suposed to suport.

if the mods alow this kind of behaviour to continue -it will be the end of this forum-which would be a shame-but please take note mods just look at the real knowledgable fans of our club since this forum started that no longer post etc. please take this seriously. why don't they post or even browse the forum anymore? -please lets just dicuss before & after a game -not during -it has caused to many WUM'S to infect this forum.

the new set up on this forum is good -but to forgot put a block on comments during a game-(or bullshyte as some like me say!) please make sure their is no chance ANYONE CAN POST FROM 3.00PM TOMORROW UNTILL 3.07PM AT LEAST. thanks
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:36 pm

That is exacly my point ,Carra's and Agger error isn't beside the point ,it is the point ,it was the point across the whole month of March. Agger was injured ,Carra filled in the whole defence collapsed. Carra (god bless him) isn't fit for top premiership football anymore ,it is evident for all to see and insisting on him is not supplying our team with the best tools to win.

Cheers.[/quote]

So your defensive line up today would have been......??

Kenny's happened to win, which I think more than justifies the decision. Quit whingin for the sake of it. We all know Coates wernt gonna play today, and there was even less chance Flano playin after his midweek mare. Which leaves either what we started with or playin Enrique. Think about it. And honestly tell me you'd have had a better plan.....

I'll go make a cuppa while you mull it over  :eyebrow

KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:48 pm

Wow what a day. Fantastic display, especially in the second half which we completely dominated. Carroll could have had a hatrick. Suarez ran the show and was unplayable second half.

Just read through this thread and some of the comments on the team announcement, through the first half and at half time were beyond a joke. Embarassing infact.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games