Chelsea V Liverpool - Semi Final 2nd leg - tue 27th Jan 7.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:12 am

The MOTM for both games was Courtois - that tells the story

It's easy to blame the finishing forgetting how great their keeper was.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:27 am

parchpea » Jan 27th, '15, 23:43 wrote:Same old problems as always but no sign they will be addressed with any conviction by the owners.

Tried to replace Suarez with two moneyball signings totalling £20m then lost Sturridge, good luck with that.

Proper nailed on forwards in that team and we best Chelsea all ends up home and away, and no replay at Bolton.

That's us in a nutshell this season so no point picking at bones for answers.

Well, it was a better performance  then we've seen from LFC for a while. However,  the fact LFC doesn't have a striker of quality is down to BR, not the Owners. BR rejected the better players that were available to LFC, then panics, then at the last minute, LFC bring in Balotelli.
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:35 am

Which players were "rejected" ?
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:18 am

Danish Red » Jan 28th, '15, 09:35 wrote:Which players were "rejected" ?

Bony and Remi to name two. Remi is still an odd one (yes, I know there was something to do with a medical condition). He got to the point where he was going to sign on the dotted line, then.......

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:31 am

I don't believe we ever made any bid for Bony that I recall ? Mainly paper talk and Remy is a mess injury wise
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:39 am

Danish Red » Jan 28th, '15, 10:31 wrote:I don't believe we ever made any bid for Bony that I recall ? Mainly paper talk and Remy is a mess injury wise

From what I understand, Swansea were very much willing to sell Bony to LFC, BR was given the cash, Bony was offered to BR as a viable option but he refused, hence in the end, panic set in and then Balotelli was brought in knowing full well the reputation he has, and the fact that he didn't fit into the system BR wanted play. It is bad management.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:01 am

So Brendan knocked back the chance of signing an ex Swansea player? Yeah right
According to reports Bony was someone Brendan wanted to bring in, along with Bertrand, Davies, Lallana and Lovren. The other lads like Can, Moreno, Markovic, Origi, Manquillo and Balotelli were committee signings.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:16 am

Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:27 am wrote:
parchpea » Jan 27th, '15, 23:43 wrote:Same old problems as always but no sign they will be addressed with any conviction by the owners.

Tried to replace Suarez with two moneyball signings totalling £20m then lost Sturridge, good luck with that.

Proper nailed on forwards in that team and we best Chelsea all ends up home and away, and no replay at Bolton.

Well, it was a better performance  then we've seen from LFC for a while. However,  the fact LFC doesn't have a striker of quality is down to BR, not the Owners. BR rejected the better players that were available to LFC, then panics, then at the last minute, LFC bring in Balotelli.

I agree with you, and BR take full blame for his ill planning at start of the season.. If we had a decent striker we would have won both games.. But this idiot was depending on converting sterling (who is a bad finisher to start with) to top central forward!! BR is an idiot in his team selection.. Who  would have the light weight Markovic in side in such physical games like this, he always pull out of any light tuckle!!, he couldn't prevent the crosses from comming in from his end!!..
it took the idiot BR to find out that his game plan is useless.. the team was actually playing with 10 men because Markovic was not in equation!!.
I totally blame BR for the exit of this cup.. The rest of the players apart from some useless one like Markovic did their most best and made Chelsea look an ordainary team which can easliy be beat.. they ought to thank their keeper and the referee!!!
algymoon

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:21 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Jan 28th, '15, 11:01 wrote:So Brendan knocked back the chance of signing an ex Swansea player? Yeah right
According to reports Bony was someone Brendan wanted to bring in, along with Bertrand, Davies, Lallana and Lovren. The other lads like Can, Moreno, Markovic, Origi, Manquillo and Balotelli were committee signings.

He did indeed reject Bony whether you believe it or not. He would have been miles better then Balo. I didn't say anything about the other players you mention, just Bony.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:34 am

Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:39 am wrote:
Danish Red » Jan 28th, '15, 10:31 wrote:I don't believe we ever made any bid for Bony that I recall ? Mainly paper talk and Remy is a mess injury wise

From what I understand, Swansea were very much willing to sell Bony to LFC, BR was given the cash, Bony was offered to BR as a viable option but he refused, hence in the end, panic set in and then Balotelli was brought in knowing full well the reputation he has, and the fact that he didn't fit into the system BR wanted play. It is bad management.

And the information in regards Bony is gained from where ?

No bid or talks between clubs took place ( that I can say with confidence ) - Bonys agent was testing water at places but no talks.

Balotelli was monitored all summer with talks starting earlier but walked away with the initial price too high
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:36 am

algymoon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:16 am wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:27 am wrote:

I agree with you, and BR take full blame for his ill planning at start of the season.. If we had a decent striker we would have won both games.. But this idiot was depending on converting sterling (who is a bad finisher to start with) to top central forward!! BR is an idiot in his team selection.. Who  would have the light weight Markovic in side in such physical games like this, he always pull out of any light tuckle!!, he couldn't prevent the crosses from comming in from his end!!..
it took the idiot BR to find out that his game plan is useless.. the team was actually playing with 10 men because Markovic was not in equation!!.
I totally blame BR for the exit of this cup.. The rest of the players apart from some useless one like Markovic did their most best and made Chelsea look an ordainary team which can easliy be beat.. they ought to thank their keeper and the referee!!!

So it's all BR and Markovic fault but the team made Chelsea ordinary and only went through because of the keeper and ref ?
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:51 am

We was lucky the ref never sent Lucas and Henderson off as well so it wasnt all one way.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:41 pm

LFC1990 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:51 am wrote:We was lucky the ref never sent Lucas and Henderson off as well so it wasnt all one way.

Though if the ref would have sent Costa off like he should have done it would have been a totally different game, those other incidents probably wouldn't have happened as the game would have taken a totally different course.
How ironic would it have been though if Lucas or Hendo would have gone for run of the mill fouls/hand balls when Costa stamped on 2 players and shoved his forehead into Steven Gerrards face yet stayed on.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:45 pm

Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:21 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Jan 28th, '15, 11:01 wrote:So Brendan knocked back the chance of signing an ex Swansea player? Yeah right

He did indeed reject Bony whether you believe it or not. He would have been miles better then Balo. I didn't say anything about the other players you mention, just Bony.

He didn't reject Bony, quite the opposite, it was the committee who rejected him apparently because Bony's wage demands were ridiculous.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:01 pm

Bony would have missed both those legs anyway as he would have been at the African Nations.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games