Liverpool v Derby County, League Cup, Wed, Nov 9th, 8.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Eagle » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:51 pm

If I'm honest, my most pressing concern is beating Southampton on Saturday and picking up no more injuries before the world cup. But I do love these games where we get to see our squad players and academy boys. Expect to see Kelleher, Ramsay, Gomez, Phillips, Tsimikas, Bajcetic, Ox, Bobby Clark, and Carvalho. Derby are 7th in League One so our reserve/academy boys should take care of them in front of an Anfield crowd.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:30 pm

Ramsey looked really sharp in his little 10 minute cameo the other day against Napoli, hopefully we get to see a bit more of him, if he lives up to the hype as it were who knows maybe we could push Trent up into central midfield.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:31 pm

It's a young side we have out but overall we still look comfortable.  No real chances to open them up yet but holding our own quite well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:34 pm

A few chances starting to pop up. One from Stewart and another from Tsimikas.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:24 pm

Nunez, Bobby and Elliot just on so good chance now of wrapping it up before the 90.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:56 pm

Disappointing not to wrap that up over the 90 minutes. Especially in the last 20 mins when we brought on the subs.

Penalties now. Another chance for kelleher to shine.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:06 pm

3.2 and Kelleher the hero again!!  Great penalty stopoer that lad is.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:42 am

I saw Nunez fall over twice. Not slipped but actually fall over clumsily without any control. I realize he is raw he is unlike our players in that he doesn’t have the best technique, more power and speed. No doubt he will improve but he should be more than that for the price we paid. We should have bought a top midfielder then worried about a striker. I just don’t feel he fits the way the others have.

Kelleher looks too good to be a number 2 and will look to play regularly and I can’t fault him, I have been impressed with him every time I saw him play. A lot of huff and puff from the youngsters but no one really stood out.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:00 am

Apparently, Kelleher is now our most successful penalty shoot-out goalie with the most wins (four) and most saves (six). Not a bad stat for someone who's had like, what, 15 appearances for us?

Anyway, should have won in regular time against a League 1 side at home, but at least we're through. Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are all out of the comp. but the way this season has been going for us I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:02 am

It pains me to say but Kelleher really should be playing first team football for someone like Newcastle, Man United or maybe Brighton if they continue to perform. Or Liverpool. He's too good to be a reserve goalie.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:24 pm

What was Ramsay like? Any chance of playing him in the prem and moving Trent into MF?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:What was Ramsay like? Any chance of playing him in the prem and moving Trent into MF?

Not great Yakka but not the worst either. A lot of young lads in the side but as a whole they struggled to break Derby down. They did control the game possession wise but just no end product.  Imo none really stood out to the point that you could say they should be in the 1st team.

That young Doak lad though came on towards the end and got stuck in. Only 16 but showed absolutely no fear in running at them at every opportunity. Looks to get in behind as well which was a good sign.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:04 pm

Agree with the general opinion that kelleher is to good for reserve football.  What do we do though when we have a top keeper in Becker who is still in his prime.  I wouldn't want to see us sell either as we need both of them.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:41 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:04 pm wrote:Agree with the general opinion that kelleher is to good for reserve football.  What do we do though when we have a top keeper in Becker who is still in his prime.  I wouldn't want to see us sell either as we need both of them.

Especially with Adrian as a number 3  :oh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:08 pm

I think a cardboard cutout of Kelleher would be better as 3rd choice ahead of Adrian  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games