Liverpool V Chelsea Sat 21st Jan KO@ 12.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:23 pm

Nunez should be back and hopefully Bajectic is in line for a start also.

Ali.

Trent          Konate      Matip       Robbo.

Fabinho         Bajectic       Thiago

Salah               Nunez         Gakpo.

Gakpo has had a few srarts now so hopefully he has a better impact in this game. We are at home and have to go for all 3 points.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:37 pm

Yeah that’s the line up I’d go with myself mate, if Elliott was a bit more disciplined I’d be tempted to throw him in instead of Fab just to get some more legs in the team.
Chelsea aren’t having the best of times of it themselves atm but they have a hell of a squad on paper so we will need to turn up tomorrow. Apparently they are open to selling one or two of their players as well so imo we should be tapping them up about Pulisic (a player who I think Klopp would turn into a world beater).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:45 pm

If we can get back to high intensity football we will be fine, we need the crowd to pump up the heat. It a bit of a catch-22, the crowd lift the players and players lift the crowd.

Battle for  the middle of the table  :glare:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:20 pm

I'm shocked at how bad Gakpo is at passing the ball. He gives so many cheap balls away. We're all over the place here, but so are Chelsea. You can see why we're both mid-table at present.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:23 pm

So far , workmanlike but toothless .   :(

Gakpo ???????????????????   :lookaround

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Welshwizard » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:25 pm

Think Gakpo is trying to hard just needs a goal for him to settle down and to be honest not his fault he’s come into a below confident team not at their best won’t help. He will come good
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:29 pm

Truth be told we are poor again and lack cohesion. Hopefully we can bring something off the bench and change our fortunes second half.

Gakpo!! Honestly struggling to see him as any addition to the side. Not been great at all.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:41 pm

That was poor and all that is left of our great team is memories!!

Never at one point in that game did it look like we were going to win it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:54 pm

What a friggin shambles !! There you go that saves the resident d…head a job  :help
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:56 pm

Not a great performance but not a stinker either, in fact there was a fair bit to ponder, not only was that our second clean sheet on the bounce but even more crucially we don’t look quite as susceptible to the ball over the top with the more mobile pairing of Konate & Gomez back there as opposed to Virgil and Joel, that may seem a trivial point but that ball over the top has been effin us over for 12+ months now, making it practically impossible for us to lay siege tto opposition goalmouths or comfortably close games out. Granted 2 games isn’t a very big sample size but they had 2 flyers in Traore and Mudryk to deal with and did it pretty well.
I know we look a bit toothless up top but once we get Diaz and Nunez in the starting XI we will carry much more of a threat.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:58 am

I did like  Bajectic though, for someone so young playing central midfield against decent players I thought he did well.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:10 am

Is Gakpo another Keita or Minamino? Successful in an inferior league and poor in the Premiership. Early days I accept, but so far, he has failed to impress.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:25 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:56 pm wrote:Not a great performance but not a stinker either, in fact there was a fair bit to ponder, not only was that our second clean sheet on the bounce but even more crucially we don’t look quite as susceptible to the ball over the top with the more mobile pairing of Konate & Gomez back there as opposed to Virgil and Joel, that may seem a trivial point but that ball over the top has been effin us over for 12+ months now, making it practically impossible for us to lay siege tto opposition goalmouths or comfortably close games out. Granted 2 games isn’t a very big sample size but they had 2 flyers in Traore and Mudryk to deal with and did it pretty well.
I know we look a bit toothless up top but once we get Diaz and Nunez in the starting XI we will carry much more of a threat.

Yakka, we're looking less "susceptible" to balls over the top because in the last two games we're playing slightly deeper with our FB being less "gung ho" in attack.
Also, gotta ask, do you really think Konate & Gomez are more mobile than a fit pairing of Virgil and Matip ?   :Oo:
Not having a dig at either Gomez or Konate but when it comes to pace/mobility , either of those two ahead of Virgil ??????? really ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:18 pm

devaney » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:10 am wrote:Is Gakpo another Keita or Minamino? Successful in an inferior league and poor in the Premiership. Early days I accept, but so far, he has failed to impress.

I think he looks more Nunez than Keita or Minamino. He is snatching at shots and rushing passes, looks nor nervous than anything else. He is big and strong, he just needs to settle.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:26 pm

It is tough to come into an underperforming side and be expected to make the difference so I do feel sorry for Nunez and Gakpo. The WC break meant time away for Nunez which probably set him back a bit so hopefully he finishes out the season strong.  Both players imo need to be at their best though come start of next season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games