Liverpool V Chelsea Sat 21st Jan KO@ 12.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:00 pm

A stale game from two sides that are underperforming, compared to United and Arsenal who are the complete opposite.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:54 pm

Unfortunately United and Arsenal are miles ahead of us right now. That's on us! We've had multiple chances of building when we were on top, but we've done a barcelona and let everyone get old at the same time.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:48 pm

V
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:00 pm

Arsenal and United were bound to click it was just a matter of the right management/players, they are always investing in players so it was just about when it will happen.

Chelsea are an odd one, always buying players but can't seem to click.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:30 pm

ManUre’s manager looks a real d1ck, seems arrogant and full of himself. I can see how he would initially get a reaction out of them but he seems to be the manager that can only manage kids due to his strict nature. Ajax seems the perfect team as they keep bringing up young players and selling them and ManUre isn’t like that, not sure players will want to play for him long term. Klopp is possibly strict but he does it as a father, ETH is more a headmaster, and that doesn’t work on older established players.

Arteta seems to me highly volatile and my get tells me he could shoot himself in the foot any time. Watching City get a couple of dodgy calls from the refs reminded me when we were chasing them, that pressure is usually relentless and I can see them folding before the season is out. I am impressed with how they keep buying players.

I am more worried about Newcastle as they will only go from strength to strength, with the backing they have it I just a matter of time.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:44 pm

Just like City, Newcastle will eventually cement a place in top 4, guarantee UCL every season. Plenty of games to play yet, many twists and turns.

As for Arsenal it would be interesting to see how they deal with pressure if City are just a couple of points behind them. If they do manage to win the title it will be some achievement for sure.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games