liverpool v chelsea (F.A cup final).sat 5th may ko 5.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Sat May 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Yes that's very good Rushie!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat May 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Lads, I'm going to bed. The games at 12.30am here and I've got to be up at 6 for a triathlon. I can see myelf lying in bed staring at the ceiling.... Good luck Reds, do us proud.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat May 05, 2012 3:39 pm

I'm sure these aren't the teams, but from the Telegraph:

Liverpool vice-captain Jamie Carragher guides you through the line-up ahead of the Wembley showpiece against Chelsea.

Pepe Reina: Anfield’s Karaoke king. He led the singing when Spain won the World Cup and I hope he’s grabbing the microphone for us after Saturday’s game. He’s almost as good a singer as myself.

Glen Johnson: England’s best right back and one of the most consistent players since Kenny Dalglish took over as manager. Glen’s a big-game player who will need no extra motivation facing his old club, Chelsea, at Wembley.

Martin Skrtel: A member of our tattoo twins at centre-half. Martin seems to have a new slogan or picture on his back every game, and none of us understand what the images or words mean. He’s been one of our players of the year.

Daniel Agger: Another tattoo fan at the heart of the defence. He and Skrtel have been as good as any centre-half pairing this season, which hasn’t always been good news for me. Daniel is one the best defenders in Europe.

José Enrique: With his fake tan and eyebrow plucking, he’s become the butt of most dressing-room jokes since joining from Newcastle. He doesn’t care what we say as long his skin is well moisturised. Had an excellent first season at left-back.

Steven Gerrard: What more needs to be said? Our regular match-winner, the club’s greatest player and the perfect captain, always leading from the front. I hope he can carry on playing for many more years, because he’ll be irreplaceable.

Jay Spearing: Not a real Scouser — he’s from the Wirral. A gym nut who’s like a mini-Mitchell brother. Has done brilliantly well to establish himself as a regular, proving ex-academy boss Steve Heighway’s prediction of a breakthrough correct.

Dirk Kuyt: The ultimate workaholic, but he regrets recently telling Craig Bellamy he’s now scored more Dutch goals than Marco van Basten. He’s been getting stick for that comparison ever since. Another brilliant professional who tends to score in the biggest games.

Stewart Downing: A quieter member of the squad, but proved his quality in the Carling Cup final with a man-of-the-match performance against Cardiff. No full-back will relish facing him when he’s on form.

Andy Carroll: We’ve been telling ‘Big’ Andy for 18 months to sort out that haircut and go to a proper Scouse barber. Short back and sides required. His winner against Everton was the most celebrated Liverpool goal at Wembley since Ian Rush.

Luis Suárez: I wouldn’t swap him for any striker in the Premier League. He’s world class, in that second tier of stars just below Messi and Ronaldo. He still doesn’t understand much English, especially when we all shout ‘pass’ in training.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9247612/FA-Cup-final-2012-meeting-the-Liverpool-team-with-vice-captain-Jamie-Carragher.html
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Sat May 05, 2012 3:49 pm

I worry about the line up being

Reina

Johnson  Carra  Skrtel   Enrique

Henderson  Gerrard  Spearing  Downing

Suarez   Carroll

This season tells us that Henderson will be invisible in that position, Downing will be poor and Carra is liable to make a match losing error.

Not long till we find out, but I would rather see

Reina

Johnson  Skertl  Agger  Enrique

Gerrard   Spearing   Henderson

Suarez    Carroll   Bellamy
mkingdom

Postby metalhead » Sat May 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Carroll not starting
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sat May 05, 2012 3:55 pm

Come on Liverpool!

Come on Liverpool!!

Come on Liverpool!!!

:buttrock
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 05, 2012 3:59 pm

do we have a confirmed line up or is it just what the media is speculating?.
like many i worry if we have a starting line up that includes henderson,downing and carra.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 05, 2012 4:00 pm

metalhead » Sat May 05, 2012 3:54 pm wrote:Carroll not starting

baffles me that he is going to be on the bench :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Sat May 05, 2012 4:08 pm

I'd start Carroll to really test Terry (the absolute racist cheating $hithouse that he is).  My only fear would be that the ref would blow up every time Carroll looked the wrong way at Terry.  I think the combined threat of Suarez and Carrroll would worry Terry.

I am sad that Luiz is injured as he is a mistake waiting to happen, and would certainly give away a penalty against Suarez and/or get sent off.
mkingdom

Postby mkingdom » Sat May 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Collymore just tweeted this line up

Reina/Johnson Agger Skrtel Enrique/Henderson Spearing/Downing Gerrard Bellamy/Suarez
mkingdom

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Seems ok the line up.
Come on lads
YNWA
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat May 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Spearing and Henderson in the middle ???
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Raoul » Sat May 05, 2012 4:14 pm

mkingdom » Sat May 05, 2012 3:09 pm wrote:Collymore just tweeted this line up

Reina/Johnson Agger Skrtel Enrique/Henderson Spearing/Downing Gerrard Bellamy/Suarez

I think it'll be something like that. Certainly hope for that defense, and I expect to see 5 in the midfield.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Sat May 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Downing Gerrard Bellamy/Suarez

That's a very attacking front four.   :buttrock

Hopefully Spearing and Henderson can hold the fort whilst that front four rip Terry a new ahole.
mkingdom

Postby Redman in wales » Sat May 05, 2012 4:20 pm

A good team. I wouldn't have had Downing in there... his form has been terrible and this is a huge game for someone so off form. Put Maxi in there and that would be our most "intellegent" front four.  - Though if we need a goal, then i expect carroll and kuyt to come off the bench before maxi.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games