Liverpool 1-2 southampton - Sixth defeat of the season

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Owzat » Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:46 am

A clean through goal in the first few minutes of the match saw Southampton take the lead. Southampton doubled their lead from a poorly marked corner before Heskey scored a consolation as Niemi spilled a Gerrard shot and he couldn't miss. Liverpool slipped to ninth with Newcastle, Birmingham and Southampton moving above them. Fourth spot seems a long way off as we slip further behind. This was Liverpool's 16th defeat in 42 league games, worse than a defeat every three games.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:57 am

4th from bottom could be possible wonder have we got what it takes to beat yeovill or what ever there called
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cleman » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:43 am

according to a poll, the game between Liverpool and Yeovill is voted the highest possibility an upset game among the matches in FA Cup......

The only solution : Sack Houllier......
that is all.

:angry:
:angry:
Cleman

Postby azriahmad » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:18 pm

Should have been sacked at the end of last season. Now that O'Neill only has the UEFA Cup to aim for in Europe with Celtic, perhaps he is willing enough to look for new challenges next season and with a club with the passionate support, histroy and tradition like Liverpool, surely he would be tempted if approached. I believe he would make a much better manager than Kermit and Liverpool should give him a try.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:14 am

I CAN NOT BELEIVE WHAT I SAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cr#p cr#p cr#p!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:49 am

The press conference after the match said it all.  Houllier has lost his aura of invincibilty.  He's struggling to convince anyone of his vision for Liverpool anymore.
jonnymac1979

Postby azriahmad » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:06 am

Jonnymac, in the first place that Kermit never had an aura of invincibility. He just thinks that he has one and has been deluding us about it all along! But we, being true blue fans, were generally quite a tolerant lot...I never recalled reading/hearing any news that Liverpool fans holding demonstrations or confronting our managers or players over a bad patch or decisions. Remember how Newcastle fans surrounded Keegan when he sold Andy Cole to MU which prompted Keegan to retaliate that "I am the manager and I will decide who to buy or sell!" I saw that footage on telly. Liverpool fans? We normally vent our anger in forums like this and hope that those people concerned will go with dignity.
He keeps going on and on about not having the full squad and mentioned that MU would struggle without Horseface and Scholes. Well, Scholes just came back but before that MU kept winning! If Horseface had a lean period or suspended or gets injured, they will have Forlan (even he can score nowadays...!), Solskjaer, Giggs or other players to deliver for them.
Who do we have apart from Owen? Furthermore, it hurts like hell to admit that teams like MU, Chelsea and Arsenal are superior in terms of tactics and desire to win that they will adapt if the main plan fails. Liverpool will panic into giving away balls and making schoolboy errors when the going gets tough. Even teams like Charlton, Birmingham and Fullham can display more grit, determination and commitment when their backs are against the wall and grind a result.
Enough is enough, Houllier has lost the plot and he knows it. Just quit and lets find a real manager who can at least motivate this current softies!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:58 am

Just a little food for thought - didn't Sean Dundee claim he was faster than Michael Owen.............?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:01 pm

Owzat wrote:A clean through goal in the first few minutes of the match saw Southampton take the lead. Southampton doubled their lead from a poorly marked corner before Heskey scored a consolation as Niemi spilled a Gerrard shot and he couldn't miss. Liverpool slipped to ninth with Newcastle, Birmingham and Southampton moving above them. Fourth spot seems a long way off as we slip further behind. This was Liverpool's 16th defeat in 42 league games, worse than a defeat every three games.

WAS IT ? crikey moses
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Dom1 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:34 pm

when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:06 pm

Hamann's lack of pace was exposed for the first goal, this is a big problem for as at the back, we need some raw pace. Hyypia, Henchoz and Hamann are all below average in terms of pace, the only one with a bit of pace is Biscan.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bobby Flash » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:12 pm

GH ... has got his hands tide ... they will have to put the cheque book were lfc's mouth is ...

:blues:
Bobby Flash

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:18 pm

looks like Dawson may be coming in tranfer window with the blessing of the board.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:35 pm

Has he actually played in the Premiership? I hear rave reviews about so many players it makes me laugh.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:23 pm

Owzat wrote:Has he actually played in the Premiership? I hear rave reviews about so many players it makes me laugh.

Woulden't you prefer we spent 5MIL on young English prospect than some french clown.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games