Southampton Vs Liverpool 8pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby supersub » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:02 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:31 am wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:20 pm wrote:I'm glad Klopp had the balls to talk about United getting all the penalties they've been getting the last 2 years.. Hopefully the attention he's brought to this will make the officials take more note in future.

The Luke Shaw incident at the weekend where you can clearly see Pogba telling him to dive in the box should be reviewed aswell.

I think that has backfired to be honest. Klopp now looks like a whiner

Should have complained about VAR and penalty incidents after winning games , you will always look a sore loser if you complain when losing, even if what you say is bang on the nail ....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:19 pm

I think it's these decisions going against us that's costing us winning games.. And with United it's the complete opposite, they're winning games through gifted decisions.

It's frustrating as a fan, nevermind being a manager.

The West Ham game I think they were 1 nill down playing really poor.. Then they played a ball Down the line a good yard over the line... The ball made its way to Pogba and he scored. But VAR didn't have the "Technology" to check it so it counted.. Yet MOTD somehow have the technology and proved it shouldn't have been a goal. That gave United momentum and they went on to win the game.

Then the Brighton game.. Brighton equalise 5 minutes into added on time after he'd only added 5 mins on. The ref then continues the game until united get a corner. He still plays on and luckily Brighton clear it off the line 2-2 full time. But no.. The players cry after a handball and VAR actually check it after the final whistle and give a pen. If that was us they wouldn't have even checked it because the final whistle had gone.

Every fan, pundit, commentator can surely see they're getting all the decisions from cheap free kicks, soft penalties.

I actually think Klopp has approached it at the perfect time.. Yes he looks like he's moaning, but him standing up will put huge pressure on the officials at Anfield and hopefully we'll get to see a fair game between the top 2.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:54 pm

I agree, I don't feel these results have been down to our own incompetence so much as sheer bad luck this season. not only through injuries but some truly shocking officiating...i mean it was taking the absolute ***** at times and if it weren't for the love of the club i would have stopped watching altogether.

I see man united getting a little ahead of themselves -- I don't think they can sustain their luck over the course of the season, even with their manager's attempts at mind games. Am I the only one who finds Solksjaer incredibly irritating, even for a Man United manager? Snidey little t*at

I remain positive for the season anyway, and even if it doesn’t work out and we have to make significant changes, so be it. I look forward to seeing fans in the ground again...that will be surreal. They/we are missed greatly.
Franky000

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:26 am

We were unlucky in about 3 games where either poor officiating or Var cost us points. We dropped 11 points just over Christmas alone against teams we should be wiping the floor with. One measly shot on target against Southampton and that was a powder puff effort from Thiago in the second half. Newcastle, West-Brom, Brighton, Fulham weren't a hell of a lot better either. That's down to poor performances. West brom and Leeds both got tonked straight after playing us because it was a cup final for them.  We are the premier league champions and the team to beat so that means you have to work harder this year to stay ahead.

We are either hot or cold and its killed our consistency. It has been like that imo since we won the league.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:32 am

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:19 pm wrote:I think it's these decisions going against us that's costing us winning games.. And with United it's the complete opposite, they're winning games through gifted decisions.

It's frustrating as a fan, nevermind being a manager.

The West Ham game I think they were 1 nill down playing really poor.. Then they played a ball Down the line a good yard over the line... The ball made its way to Pogba and he scored. But VAR didn't have the "Technology" to check it so it counted.. Yet MOTD somehow have the technology and proved it shouldn't have been a goal. That gave United momentum and they went on to win the game.

Then the Brighton game.. Brighton equalise 5 minutes into added on time after he'd only added 5 mins on. The ref then continues the game until united get a corner. He still plays on and luckily Brighton clear it off the line 2-2 full time. But no.. The players cry after a handball and VAR actually check it after the final whistle and give a pen. If that was us they wouldn't have even checked it because the final whistle had gone.

Every fan, pundit, commentator can surely see they're getting all the decisions from cheap free kicks, soft penalties.

I actually think Klopp has approached it at the perfect time.. Yes he looks like he's moaning, but him standing up will put huge pressure on the officials at Anfield and hopefully we'll get to see a fair game between the top 2.

Think Klopp should have said nothing because it won't make any difference. As soon as Ole was in front of a camera it was put to him and his response was and that's facts. Klopps only grace saving him from a media pasting is because Lampard and Mourinho also said similar. Klopp saying it after we played so shyte and lost only makes it sound even more like a whinge.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games