Liverpool vs Southampton 22/09 15:00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:20 pm

damjan193 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:22 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:03 pm wrote:This was an important game to win, given our fixtures this month it would have been easy for us to take our eye off the ball for this one. Move on to Tuesday now.

We actually play Chelsea on Wednesday mate.

Anyway, an important win and performance ahead of two possibly season defining games vs. Chelsea and City in the league. Would have liked to see Fabinho feature for a few minutes and IMO that was the original plan before VVD got injured and we just couldn't risk it with him.

Speaking of VVD, how stresfull was that, seing him getting injured? Had a mini heart attack when I saw him holding his ribs. Thankfully, he looked fine afterwards. IMO we can afford to lose anyone, even Salah or Mane, but not van Dijk. If we are to challenge the title, he needs to stay fit throughout the whole season.

Thanks for the heads up mate, thought it was Tuesday for some reason.
I'm sure the likes of Fabinho, Shaquiri, Sturridge etc will get a good run out on Wednesday. bit of pressure on them tbh to keep the good run going.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:16 pm wrote:Any links to highlights of the goals, as I missed the match today.

Still top of the league, but can we stay there for the duration. Remains to be seen.

https://youtu.be/Vmls8kND8-o
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:15 pm

Professional display. Good result. I'm not sure I want to see us line up the way we did today against any good side because it looked a bit messy for large parts. I prefer Firmino down the middle and Mane down the left.

Will be interesting to see how we line up against Chelsea.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:27 pm

redshade » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:32 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:16 pm wrote:Any links to highlights of the goals, as I missed the match today.

Still top of the league, but can we stay there for the duration. Remains to be seen.

https://youtu.be/Vmls8kND8-o

Ta, but the link doesn't work. Something to do with copyright.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:39 pm

I thought there were brief signs that something special is evolving ,there was one moment in the game were the link up play between Firmino ,Shaqiri and Salah was bordering on genius ,only for a Saints defender to intervene and stop this Kopite going home in a state of f*cking euphoria. At least we're now witnessing tantalizing glimpses of a forward line slowly fine tuning their A game.

We won that game with real ease ,rarely will you see a more comfortable game against Premiership opponents and that's testament to the players and managers  determination to see this season yield a glut of positive results.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:14 pm

gotta say I don't like the reason Klopp gave for subbing Shaq..Tactical.You are 3 up HT surely defensive concerns are not the issue..If was building on Wednesday I can live with it but anything else is BS.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:01 pm

only me » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:14 pm wrote:gotta say I don't like the reason Klopp gave for subbing Shaq..Tactical.You are 3 up HT surely defensive concerns are not the issue..If was building on Wednesday I can live with it but anything else is BS.

He may have been trying to shut the game down, once a game is won it's pointless wasting energy giving an exhibition when we have so many tough games coming up in a short space of time (Chelsea x2, Napoli away and City).
I'm sure Shaq will play the full 90 on Wednesday (even more if it goes into ET) so he won't be shortchanged in terms of minutes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Subbing Shaqiri seems a bit harsh and the only tactical reason I can see is that whilst he was excellent on the ball he didn't do enough for the team, lost his tactical discipline and instructions given.

Bless him he looks so happy to be playing football here and I feel a bit sorry for him after that.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:30 pm

Klopp gave his reasons in his post match interview and they made total sense. They were getting in behind our midfield in the first half and they didn't in the second half.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:51 pm

Pig Catcher » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:30 pm wrote:Klopp gave his reasons in his post match interview and they made total sense. They were getting in behind our midfield in the first half and they didn't in the second half.

We scored 3 in the first half and none in the second as well so there is obviously a balance to be struck here. Southampton were having a little bit of joy but Jurgen needs to keep some perspective, we were arguably under more pressure away at Leicester and even the last 20 minutes against Brighton when we didn't have an AM.
I genuinely think he had 1 eye on Wednesday and our upcoming fixtures, I think he wanted the second half to be a non event with our players expending as little energy as possible and to be fair he got his wish. At 3-0 I think he thought the game was done.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:00 pm

Great win to keep our momentum going. They never got at us at all and the game was beyond them at HT.

Delighted Salah started as it would have looked like a punishment if he didnt. He played well got on the scoresheet and could have added a few more if things went his way. He often has 2 or 3 players closing him down but the difference yesterday was we used the space it opened up.

Good debut from Shaq in an attacking sense but he is not diciplined enough to be a starter so i can understand the sub. Only problem is though we suffered with the lack of creativity when he left. I would like to see the midfield getting forward much quicker offering support though as there is goals to be had from cutbacks and half clearances.

6 out of 6 is an unbelievable start to the league.  :buttrock

Its the league cup next so i hope we rest a few.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:34 pm

Looking at the table feels odd, 6 out of 6 is awesome. Bigger tests to come however we are showing great intent so far.

We are bound to drop points somewhere but I'm praying we get maximum va Chelsea and City. I want this run to keep on going nad importantly for us to create a gap against Man city.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Anthony » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:49 am

congratulations Liverpool
Anthony
LFC newBie

Postby laza » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:55 am

Fabulous start and while its early days. Its just nice to dream the impossible dream at the moment
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games