Lg Cup semi Southampton v Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:38 am

I have very little to add to what's already been said. Seems like we're going backwards.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:18 pm

leeroy74 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:38 am wrote:I have very little to add to what's already been said. Seems like we're going backwards.

It's abit worrying isn't it? I've been saying that I don't really rate Firmino because his performances are dire without Couts in the team. He is a complimentary player but not a key player. And the rest of the above average players I've already said it, Lucas, Can, Milner at LB, Lovren, Klavan, Henderson. Our team is filled with above average players!

And it is concerning that if the team is not full strength, our form dips alarmingly. Just hope that Klopp could right this dip in form as quickly as the one we had earlier in the season. The return of Matip and Coutinho would help.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:45 pm

Good old Algymoron - I can always rely on him to brighten my day  :laugh: However on a serious note I asked the question during the match - are they knackered? Is it Klopp's training methods. I certainly don't know if they are extreme. December was a very busy month and it seems to have taken it out of them. January will be no better. Milly is no spring chicken and he looked very rusty. We simply haven't got a deep enough squad. For example there is nobody except Moreno who is poor to give the lad a break.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:53 pm

Plymouth and Southampton must highlight the fact we're not strong enough. Next season we might just have euro footie to contend with as well... yet more games.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Awful performance and its quite clear that we have a mid table team who is punching above their weight. It was completely frustrating looking at Sturridge flinging himself to the ground whenever he got a chance and Lallana is no better. He is a show pony who gets the odd flick or skip over here and there but for the rest of it he is afraid of being challenged. Firmino puts in a shift but the impact he brings is minimal. Milner was another who looked poor and even more so in the later stages of the game when his fitness disappears and he starts falling over the ball and stuff.
Annoyed about the result and the performance but do think that we can overcome it in Anfield.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:18 pm

I sense the fans are running out of steam.... reduced to saying Liverpool are 'doing a Leicester'.

I'm deflated, I think we all know we still need those 2 extra quality players to take us from good to great.

Until then we remain firmly in Eds's grip.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Our highest ever points total at this stage of the PL season.

League cup semi 2nd leg at Anfield with a 1 goal deficit.

Chelsea won a sh!t load of games and we're only 5 points behind them.

And some of you are still moaning.

I've not posted or been on any forums for a while.

I now remember why
Kopite-Jud

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Kopite-Jud » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:27 pm wrote:Our highest ever points total at this stage of the PL season.

League cup semi 2nd leg at Anfield with a 1 goal deficit.

Chelsea won a sh!t load of games and we're only 5 points behind them.

And some of you are still moaning.

I've not posted or been on any forums for a while.

I now remember why

If you posted more often you would have seen that we discussed how far we've come since H+G the other day.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:45 am

My disappointment is from not even trying to reinforce the attacking line. Arsenal stutter for a few weeks and are linked with Belotti of Torino (who I bumped into over new year by the way). We have gaping holes and just watch them get bigger, a one team squad and the minute we have to rotate it loses it's punch. To maintain any kind of challenge we must have strength in depth.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:00 am

There is alot of pressure going into this game after playing poor for 3/4 games, infact its been since the Sunderland game we've played poor. If we get knocked out of this cup I think the whole season will crumble.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:24 pm

I want a trophy this season. I really hope we turn this around.
Id play our strongest xi.
We've got wolves on Sat for FA cup where we can rotate.
Then the big one on Tues vs Chelsea.

Mingolet

Clyne Matip Lovren Milner

Hendo
   Lallana  Wijnaldum

Origi            Coutinho
      Firmino

Personally I'd like to see Ojo instead of Origi but i know Klopp will play Divock.

Really hoping Klopp does not do a mid of Hendo, Wij and can and shifting Lallana out wide.

Lallana needs to play where his lethal.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:43 am

I'd say play the strongest XI and get to the final. Like you said redshade, rest a few for Wolves then full team against Chavs. When do we get Mane back?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:57 am

Senegal have reached Quarter final which is on 28th. semi i think is on 2 feb and final 4/5th.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:45 pm

redshade » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:24 pm wrote:I want a trophy this season. I really hope we turn this around.
Id play our strongest xi.
We've got wolves on Sat for FA cup where we can rotate.
Then the big one on Tues vs Chelsea.

Mingolet

Clyne Matip Lovren Milner

Hendo
   Lallana  Wijnaldum

Origi            Coutinho
      Firmino

Personally I'd like to see Ojo instead of Origi but i know Klopp will play Divock.

Really hoping Klopp does not do a mid of Hendo, Wij and can and shifting Lallana out wide.

Lallana needs to play where his lethal.

That's the team I'd go with as well, imo bar Mane it's our best XI. Jurgen was having a bit of a moan today about Saturdays FA Cup game being an early kick off but I'd cross that bridge when we get to it. We haven't won a game yet in 2017 and the club needs a lift, overturning a one goal deficit and getting to another Wembley final would go a long way to getting us back on track again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:40 am

How does away goal work out in EFL?

Southampton have sold Fonte and Van dijk is doubt. They will be weak at the back.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games