Liverpool vs Fulham, EFL semi 1st Leg ko 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:53 am

We call are critical of Nunez but must admit he definitely is agent of chaos, he always causes problems. His stats on goals is low but the lad gets assists.
Once he starts banging them in will have some player.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:30 am

I can't work out if Nunez finishing is so poor, or he's just the most unlucky striker on the planet. 9 times outta 10 he hits the target, usually with force.. but either the keeper makes a unbelievable save, or he hits the woodwork.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:38 am

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:30 am wrote:I can't work out if Nunez finishing is so poor, or he's just the most unlucky striker on the planet. 9 times outta 10 he hits the target, usually with force.. but either the keeper makes a unbelievable save, or he hits the woodwork.

Mixture of both I think, I've been crital of his lack of goals but pleased that he is impacting games with assists. His always smiling and working his socks off, just needs goals.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:40 pm

Our famed resilience strikes again, would have liked a bigger margin to take down there but given we were one down at HT we did well to take any sort of lead into the second leg.
If we can avoid defeat we get through to yet another final under Jurgen
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:43 pm

redshade » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:38 am wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:30 am wrote:I can't work out if Nunez finishing is so poor, or he's just the most unlucky striker on the planet. 9 times outta 10 he hits the target, usually with force.. but either the keeper makes a unbelievable save, or he hits the woodwork.

Mixture of both I think, I've been crital of his lack of goals but pleased that he is impacting games with assists. His always smiling and working his socks off, just needs goals.

I think this, as long as he is working his socks off and smiling it’ll come good. It just seems mentally and bad luck, At some stage he’ll go on a ten match scoring run, he seems like that type of player.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:25 pm

Even if he can’t hit a cows @rse with a banjo Darwin is more than worth his place in the team, his pace, power, ariel ability etc puts defenders and defences under pressure. He’d always be in my starting XI, anytime he comes off the bench we immediately look far more threatening
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:19 pm

Nunez is not scoring atm but he's turned into Kevin de Bruyne lately. Plenty of assists.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:27 pm

Sky Sports' Nick Wright:
"What a difference Nunez made from the bench. He finishes the game with two assists but he could have had a hat-trick too. A classic Darwin performance."

Sky Sports' Jamie Redknapp:
"Darwin Nunez made such a difference for Liverpool. He came on and gave the Fulham centre-backs so many problems."
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:26 pm

Although he's not in the same position on the pitch, you did get the sense of urgency and kick-ar$e attitude when he came on. Which was absolutely missing from Gravenberch and Elliott in particular. But not just them.
Strange to compare both halves - zero urgency in one, and prob a Klopp induced flip in the second.
Kinda worrying to see yet again that we have to go behind, and then try to protect the record at Anfield.
Still can't get my head around it.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:36 pm

damjan193 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:19 pm wrote:Nunez is not scoring atm but he's turned into Kevin de Bruyne lately. Plenty of assists.

This is a very good point actually. Considering he’s a striker who arrived here for a big fee and is under pressure to justify that price tag you’d forgive him if he shot on sight but he regularly gives it to teammates who are in a better position, in other words he puts the team first. He always gives it  his all and leaves everything out on the pitch, he never stops trying. As I said I’d always have him in my starting XI
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games