Lg Cup semi Southampton v Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:44 pm

What a load of shyte. Only real positives I thought Karius generally looked more positive when coming out for the ball bar 1 or 2 moment. Also good to see Coutinho back and looking bright. Real soft goal to concede. Don't like Can and Lucas in the same team. Both too slow on the ball. Maybe i'm wrong but thought we looked a little tired. Anyway, confident we will dispatch Southampton they come to Anfield and in the grand scheme of things, a 1-0 loss isn't too bad of a result
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:44 pm wrote:Poor performance. I hope Jurgen doesn't start with 3 CM's against United or we will get our @rse handed to us. It has to be 2 + Lallana. He set up conservatively at home against United and the game was a non event but with 8 wins on the bounce United are in much better form now.
We badly miss Hendo as well, without him we lack athleticism in the middle of the park.
The only positive about tonight is that we are still in the tie, we shouldn't be really.

Totally agree with the lack of athleticim when Hendo isn't playing. Can has the turning circle of an oil tanker and up against quick, athletic players, he come's out second best. God knows what would happen on Sunday if he's up against Pogba on Sunday. Hopefully Hendo will start.
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:56 pm

I do wonder if JK has one eye on Sunday and maybe changed tactics today with less emphasis on pressing, because we certainly seemed to have much less intensity tonight. Maybe he was thinking just keep it tight tonight and win the tie at home.
Doeboy

Postby Mikz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:01 pm

Pathetic, we take arguably their best players and they still own us - when was the last time we actually put in a decent performance?
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:14 pm

I felt like we got bullied tonight. Everytime Lallana got the ball Romeu just shrugged him off it like he was nothing.. it was clear he was man marking him all game. Sturridge had no service all game and was frustrated by it to the point of him forcing play when he finally got the ball. We were way too slow in midfield which helped Southampton get organised everytime we attacked.

It really was a horrible display.. hopefully it doesn't knock our confidence going into the big game on Sunday.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Well that was sh.ite wasn't it !! So many bad performances. Milly was fkg terrible. Lallana was poor. Can was useless. Lucas's best days are behind him. Danny was absolutely awful and simply doesn't get stuck in - forget about lack of service !! Firmino was very average. The rest apart from Karius and Coutinho when he came on were nothing special.

The second leg will be interesting !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Jurgen after the game....

"We needed Loris Karius to save our lives two or three times.

"The best thing for us is the result. We know that we can play better at Anfield - nothing is decided.

"We cannot be happy with the performance, Southampton cannot be happy with the result. It could and should have been 2-0, 3-0."

Think that's Karius starting on Sunday
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:16 am

We have got a very good starting XI with a group of players who complement each other's games but once we are forced to rotate for any reason the cracks start to appear.
As someone mentioned earlier in the thread when was the last time we put in a really good performance? Boro aside we have been underwhelming for weeks if not months, even the win against City was largely a backs to the wall job.
We need to get our best players back and fast because at the moment it seems as if we are starting to run out of steam just as the team's around us are clicking into gear.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:45 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:16 pm wrote:We have got a very good starting XI with a group of players who complement each other's games but once we are forced to rotate for any reason the cracks start to appear.
As someone mentioned earlier in the thread when was the last time we put in a really good performance? Boro aside we have been underwhelming for weeks if not months, even the win against City was largely a backs to the wall job.
We need to get our best players back and fast because at the moment it seems as if we are starting to run out of steam just as the team's around us are clicking into gear.

Agree with this ^
We've gone to pot lately...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:48 am

When we have both Coutinho and Mane out the team, we have a problem imo. Lallana (even though he has been great this season), Firmino, Origi, Sturridge all thrive when Coutinho and/or Mane are on the pitch. I think those are the two that give the opposition the most trouble and without either, think we are much easier to deal with and the opposition can put a plan in place to manage our threat. Coutinho and Mane have the ability to do something which completely throws teams off and are much more difficult to plan against.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:30 am

Not a good performance to say the least. As many stated only positive is we are still in the tie. Southampton must be disappointed to only take a 1 goal lead to Anfield.
That magic about us has gone in recent weeks. I really hope we get our groove back. Dreading the match on sunday. Mancs have got the upper hand with the form they are in.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:27 am

Doeboy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:48 pm wrote:When we have both Coutinho and Mane out the team, we have a problem imo. Lallana (even though he has been great this season), Firmino, Origi, Sturridge all thrive when Coutinho and/or Mane are on the pitch. I think those are the two that give the opposition the most trouble and without either, think we are much easier to deal with and the opposition can put a plan in place to manage our threat. Coutinho and Mane have the ability to do something which completely throws teams off and are much more difficult to plan against.

Agreed, without players who bring that X factor to the table it's very easy to look very ordinary.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:29 am

It took Coutinho,when he came on, less than 5 minutes to show the astonishing gulf in class between himself and the rest of the players on the pitch. I guess a few other clubs (Barcelona?) might have noticed that as well  :(

And just what the fk was that note given to Sturridge all about? I can here opposing fans singing now !! Klopp claims it was about a formation change. Formation change my ar.se - he was asking Danny if there was any chance of him tackling somebody and going after the ball !! I don't care what anybody says you just don't do things like that in professional football. It smacked of passing notes around in the classroom !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:43 am

devaney » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:29 am wrote:It took Coutinho,when he came on, less than 5 minutes to show the astonishing gulf in class between himself and the rest of the players on the pitch. I guess a few other clubs (Barcelona?) might have noticed that as well  :(
I saw that also.. just little things like fainting to go one way and opening play up. He did a few "Cruyff" turns at pace which really fooled them and opened play up again. It's that kind of quick movement that unsettles teams. Before he came on we were so static with our movements.. We pass the ball so predictably that it's hard to break teams down at the moment. I think Lucas thought he was Xabi Alonso with his 30 yard pass attempts he was doing last night..
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:13 am

All the players were Sh*t and without exception, however the worse player is Klavan I have never rated him at all, apart from the nutcase who thinks he is top CB!
They all looked exhausted due to the extreme training regime!, on the evidence of this shitty display, someone would expect to get a hammering on Sunday's game!
GOOD PROGRESS Klopp!
algymoon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games