LEEDS UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - carling cup discussion

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:35 pm

I only caught the second half due to a meeting going over by 2 hours ggrrrrrr!

I thought the big Greek (as he is now known) looked good, he seem to have won everything in the air
I also thought Spearing looked tidy when he had the ball.. I would of liked him to have got more involved.
Ngog took his goal really well and worked hard and Degan looked threatening going forward.. looks like a decent back up to Johnson.

As I said I mised the first half so I dont know if all those players where total garbage in the first 45 mins but nothing to get worried about for me... yet!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby lakes10 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:35 pm

Lee J wrote:Imagine having a nose like that? all the girls would be queing up to sit on ya face :laugh:

lol thats what i was thinking, i will only take 2 at a time lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:45 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
I didn't see the point playing Mascherano against a third tier side

I think Rafa was expecting some rough tactics from Leeds,  lower league sides usually try to make up for what they lack in ability with heightened aggression,  made sense to me to have two of our "tougher" players, Mascherano and Carragher, in the side.

Maybe, but do you play someone at their own game or outclass them with a side that looks worth £50m? Why try to counter a team like Stoke say at the expense of your own game? Do you need to pick the side full of six foot plus players to have height, or pick the team based on ability rather than height?

Like I said, if we lost then so what. Is including Mascherano to win the game or try not to lose it?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:47 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Owzat wrote:By the way, this was our THIRTEENTH game in a row without a draw.

Dont bloody jinx us Owzat  :sniffle

Especially against Hull !!!!! :p
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:36 pm

ICE-MAN wrote:Cant understand some of the sh*t that is posted on these forums at times! People slating Ngog and saying he lacks awareness and movement and was muscled out of it by two League 1 defenders!!

The lad is only 20 years old give him a break, he has scored a few goals for us in the relatively few appearances he has made for the first team! Yeah he looks big and awkward at times but hes got talent! Were not talkin about someone in their mid 20's here who is an established pro!

What chance have our youngsters got of ever breaking into the 1st team on a regular basis if the so called supporters of the club continue to slate players when theyre young and after only a few appearances!! It seems that if a youngster isnt breakin into the side like a Rooney or Owen when they were young then theyre destined for failure!!

It was a tough carling cup tie against a good leeds side in front of a packed elland road, Ngog was up front against two old school centre halves who liked nothing more than to kick him round the pitch! I thought Ngog led the line very well considering the circumstances!!

Good post mate - if he's going to get muscled out it is going to be against league one defenders who rely on this side of their game more heavily than against PL oppostion.

We've also gotta remember that he was playing in a very 'unusual' team last night, against a full strength Leeds side who were at the top of their game and should have scored at least one. The 'unusual' aspect of the side makes it even harder for strikers - as a centre back I'm well aware that I can look half decent playing with people i've never met before just by getting in the way, hoofing the ball upfield and making a nusiance at corners. For a striker you've actually gotta know where the balls most likely to come in, something you can only learn from playing with other players.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby steve Leeds » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:42 pm

Hey Boys (n girls), Leeds fan here, just wanted to say congrtas on last night, a job well done by, lets face it, mostly your reserve side.  Ngog looks OK, feel a bit for Babel, he looks permanently fed up!! Good battle with Snodgrass & your right back! Re Mascherano, probably a sending off, but we can't be too hypocritical as Beckford did the same to Millwall keeper last season (beware he got a 3 match retrospective tho!).

The main reason I've posted is to pay ultimate respect to Carragher & Benitez for their comments after the game, top men both, cheers for the kind words.  Alos had some good banter with some of your crew before the game (not like the old days where we'd have been miles apart!!) Good luck for the rest of the season, please, please, please stuff the Mancs (beware the added on time, make sure you're at least 3 goals clear in the ninetieth!!)
steve Leeds

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:58 pm

Fair play to ya mate - nice post!

All the best for the league 1 battle. You really need to get that team out of that league asap.

respect :cool:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:56 pm

Yeah thanks for the words mate. Your team really put on a great display yesterday as did your supporters. Hope you make it out of League 1 this season (and hopefully we'll do you proud and stuff the mancs as last year) :)
JamCar05

Postby mkingdom » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:40 pm

Keeper = dodgy. Hope Reina stays fit.

Deggen looked good to me.  Decent cover for Johnson

Greek bloke looked solid and dealt with stuff in the air well

Babel showed signs of quality....and a load of pace.  Worth being patient with this season.

Riera was OK.  Lost possesion a bit too much, but is decent.

Ngog - Showed for the first time that he might...just might...be a player.  Bearing in mind the opposition were League 2 mind.

First eleven on Saturday please, and lets have another 4-0.
mkingdom

Postby Scottbot » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:26 pm

john craig wrote:I think the posts on here are a bit more negative than I was expecting.

Only saw the game up til Ngog's goal before going to work, but I thought we did alright.  Bearing in mind Leeds were at home and right up for it, playing their best side, and we had a complete mix match that clearly haven't played together before.  Is a 1-0 win a disaster??  Certainly not.

Result aside, the performance was ok.  The defence weren't very cohesive as you'd expect from a back four who've never played together before and to be fair to Leeds they played well to open us up on a few occasions especially down their right, that lad Snodgrass was pretty decent. 

I thought Spearing played well considering it was his 1st start and Ngog played his best game for us.  He has shown some improvement in his ability to hold the ball up, his movement was good and he took his goal well.  Again Babel performed pretty well and his effort has certainly improved in these three appearances.  His final ball was lacking but that will improve the more he plays.  He's not knocking on the door of the 1st team yet, but I certainly feel we've at last found his best position - right wing.

Maybe we played so pathetically in the last 25 mins that it erased all the positives I saw in the first 65?

On the money as usal mate.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games