LEEDS UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - carling cup discussion

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:12 pm

Zidane wrote:
RedRoots wrote:I think tonight has put to bed the belief held by some fans that Spearing would be a better starting option than Lucas.

Indeed, from what I saw he looked bad just like he didn't belong and I actually like the lad so it was disappointing to see that.

You´d think these younger lads would play out of their skins given a first team start.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Fauxy wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Fauxy wrote:The leeds fans reminded me why I have never felt sorry for them getting relagated. I really hate them.. the boo's on Gerrard and a few on Johnson were uncalled for, they are internationals ffs playing for the country.

they dont give a f.uck if they are internationals playing for england and why should they - do liverpool fans not boo and give sh.it to players like lampard,terry,rooney,neville etc etc

They are close rivals to us.. and we dont sing songs about them. Leeds are just nobodies, they were singing about putting gerrard in jail or something  ???  why the hell are you defending them?

im not defending them mate - our rivalary with leeds goes back years and years .

What have playing for england got to do with liverpool leeds ?! why should they respect him like we do ?!?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:14 pm

tonyeh wrote:Who the feck is it?

Its that druggie iceland bird kerry something .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:17 pm

GYBS wrote:

Shes a typical overweight over-opinionated trumped up little tart by the look of it. Probably had more shags than the whole of this forum put together.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:18 pm

Reg wrote:
GYBS wrote:

Shes a typical overweight over-opinionated trumped up little tart by the look of it. Probably had more shags than the whole of this forum put together.

sounds like the perfect woman for Dawson  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:19 pm

:laugh:
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:33 pm

Eh, where to start. Leeds played well and dominated the game at the start and were unlucky to get the goal disallowed. Anway i thought the keeper was good. Big Greek was really good at the back and could get better. Carragher he was ok i hope he find his feet again! Dossena was :censored:! Why we have when we have Insua and Aurelio who are top class is beyond me! Ship him out ASAP and strengthen other areas! Degen looked good down the wings and defending and a good enough back up but i prefer Kelly. Spearing for me had a good game. He can definitely improve but he did some good passes. Masch was decent but he lost his cool. I hate to say this but Lucas is looking better then Masch right now. Aurelio was very good and commited nice to see him back. Babel was good as well, he can improve but i was happy to see him starting to get into the game at the end when Gerrard came on. N'gog was brilliant and probably our best player on the pitch. If he keeps improving he and Nemeth will do fine for backup for Torres. Reira was solid, putting in energy but still a few poor touches. Overall decent performance. And Dossena is the only one who i felt should be sold. As Babel,N'gog,Spearing can all improve.
Tim LFC

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:36 pm

very positive post and outlook on the game their tim.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:17 pm

GYBS wrote:
Zidane wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Zidane wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Zidane wrote:I don't like that sub would have rather seen Torres coming on instead of Skrtel

why mate ? only inury time left - no need for torres to come on . rest him fully any chance we can

I don't like the concept of trying to fend off a team for a win, basically letting them control the ball from the substitution on.  It's not so bad against a lesser team like Leeds but it has cost us a few times in the prem and we ended up with draws at times.

so would you of prefered voronin to come on then ?!?

Just an attacker, whoever really doesn't matter now though we won so eh. Happy with the win and happy to go to the fourth round.

Just saying I don't like when we do that sometimes Rafa does it even earlier than that and it's like conceding that we won't score again so if you can score you're gonna get a draw at least.

How did everyone do that isn't the usual first teamer anyway?  I kinda like the greek with Carra more than Skrtel from the little amount of time I saw.

Diego made a couple of good saves

Degen - one good clearance and a couple of good runs but not good enough
Zorba - solid all night
Dossena - well he was his normal self - poor

Babel - lots of very good runs but end product was lacking
Spearing - game just totally passed him by - looked out of his depth
Ngog - thought he was our man of the match - great runs , worked hard all night , held the ball up , good pace , great touch and finish - impressed with him .

you couldnt make it up with you honestly  :laugh: N'gog man of the match! i think ill laugh myself to sleep with that one.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Graeme Noble » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:40 pm

Spearing had some good passes and I don't think he was useless. N'Gog had his best ever match for us but still not perfect. Babel looked good but still needs to improve on his final product! The greek played well but Carragher and Mascherano are below par right now!
Graeme Noble

Postby Scottbot » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:41 pm

Tough game tonight and it kinda went the way you expected it to, good crowd and Leeds huffed and puffed, had a few chances but ultimately fell away as the game opened up and our lads got a bit of space to play in. It certainly would have done them some good to play in a game like that.

The positives for me were:

- Ngog looked bright on his own upfront, fantastic turn for the goal.

- Aurelio got 90 mins under his belt
- I actually thought Spearing did alright tonight, I know he was quiet in the 2nd half but it was a tidy performance in my opinion, i'd be interested to see his pass stats measured up against Masch/Aurelio.
- The Grykiwhatsisname had a dicey start (mostly because he was having to try and cover Dossena's :censored:) but played better as the game went on.
- Babel showed a few more green shoots and the 90 mins will have done his fractured ego some good I think.

On the downside - Dossena and Degen are the two dodgiest FBs in the Premier League. Both have some talent going forward but defending!?! I'd keep them both locked up and use only in the event of playing 3-5-2.

I'm dead chuffed to be in the next round coz we haven't done a great deal in this tournament since Rafa's first season.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:51 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Zidane wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Zidane wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Zidane wrote:I don't like that sub would have rather seen Torres coming on instead of Skrtel

why mate ? only inury time left - no need for torres to come on . rest him fully any chance we can

I don't like the concept of trying to fend off a team for a win, basically letting them control the ball from the substitution on.  It's not so bad against a lesser team like Leeds but it has cost us a few times in the prem and we ended up with draws at times.

so would you of prefered voronin to come on then ?!?

Just an attacker, whoever really doesn't matter now though we won so eh. Happy with the win and happy to go to the fourth round.

Just saying I don't like when we do that sometimes Rafa does it even earlier than that and it's like conceding that we won't score again so if you can score you're gonna get a draw at least.

How did everyone do that isn't the usual first teamer anyway?  I kinda like the greek with Carra more than Skrtel from the little amount of time I saw.

Diego made a couple of good saves

Degen - one good clearance and a couple of good runs but not good enough
Zorba - solid all night
Dossena - well he was his normal self - poor

Babel - lots of very good runs but end product was lacking
Spearing - game just totally passed him by - looked out of his depth
Ngog - thought he was our man of the match - great runs , worked hard all night , held the ball up , good pace , great touch and finish - impressed with him .

you couldnt make it up with you honestly  :laugh: N'gog man of the match! i think ill laugh myself to sleep with that one.

have to explain why its so funny and how played better than him tonight ? He was involved in pretty much everything positive going forward tonight as well as scoring a very good goal
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:52 pm

Was at the gym so only got to see the 2nd half. From what I saw I thought Spearing looked tidy most of the night and Degen looked useful going forward. NGogs goal well well taken. I hope we see more of all 3 players this season and not just in the domestic cup games either.

Oh yeah, Babel started on the right but ended up on the left? He seems destined to be nothing more than an overpriced supersub.

Anyone see Rafa giving Glen instructions when he went on?  :laugh: He must have called him over 3 times.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:58 pm

Scottbot wrote:Tough game tonight and it kinda went the way you expected it to, good crowd and Leeds huffed and puffed, had a few chances but ultimately fell away as the game opened up and our lads got a bit of space to play in. It certainly would have done them some good to play in a game like that.

The positives for me were:

- Ngog looked bright on his own upfront, fantastic turn for the goal.

- Aurelio got 90 mins under his belt
- I actually thought Spearing did alright tonight, I know he was quiet in the 2nd half but it was a tidy performance in my opinion, i'd be interested to see his pass stats measured up against Masch/Aurelio.
- The Grykiwhatsisname had a dicey start (mostly because he was having to try and cover Dossena's :censored:) but played better as the game went on.
- Babel showed a few more green shoots and the 90 mins will have done his fractured ego some good I think.

On the downside - Dossena and Degen are the two dodgiest FBs in the Premier League. Both have some talent going forward but defending!?! I'd keep them both locked up and use only in the event of playing 3-5-2.

I'm dead chuffed to be in the next round coz we haven't done a great deal in this tournament since Rafa's first season.

whats up with everyone and N'gog today, if that guy ever makes it ill eat my hat! he was ok, showed a few nice touches and took his goal well, but stil struggled physically against league 2 defenders. He lacks awarness, his movement is poor and he still looks so lightweight for such a big guy.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:05 am

The truth is if we have to rely on most of the squad players on show tonight for more than the odd cameo appearance in the league, we had better start trying in the cups....... because we would have NO CHANCE in the league.

None of them impressed, none of them took the chance to shine, and none of them come even close to challenging the more established players.
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games