Hull v Liverpool KO 3pm 04/02/2017

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:52 pm

I think we have got 1 decent team and the moment we deviate from that XI we struggle. Pity we couldn't have found this out earlier in the season when we had a chance to do something about it by bringing someone in.
Since Christmas we've been dumped out of both cups and now we are about to be dumped out of the top 4 too.
Gutted  :down:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:53 pm

maguskwt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:51 pm wrote:
Mikz » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:49 pm wrote:I just dont see any improvement since the rodgers days..None whatsoever

And who sets them up to fail? Our owners!

Nobody waas complaining about our owners when we were flying at the start of the season...Klopp was the messiah  :lookaround
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:55 pm

We start the season really well, look like we could challange for the league.. then we fade away at Xmas and once again become the laughing stock of the premier league. FSG better get the cheque book out for the summer because we won't win a thing with this mentally weak bunch of bottlers!
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Mikz » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:53 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:51 pm wrote:
Mikz » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:49 pm wrote:I just dont see any improvement since the rodgers days..None whatsoever

And who sets them up to fail? Our owners!

Nobody waas complaining about our owners when we were flying at the start of the season...Klopp was the messiah  :lookaround

I highlighted the need for more quality players since October... ppl thought I was bitchin and moaning
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:03 pm

I got death threats for calling klopp out last season. I made a claim we were no better than we were under Rodgers. I've never heard the last of it. But now i see people are realising similar things. Its dire and I hate the way we are doing the same stuff every game. Something needs to give
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:10 pm

leeroy74 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:03 pm wrote:I got death threats for calling klopp out last season. I made a claim we were no better than we were under Rodgers. I've never heard the last of it. But now i see people are realising similar things. Its dire and I hate the way we are doing the same stuff every game. Something needs to give

He has not improved the defence in any way at all - still a chocolate fireguard
Every man and his dog can see we need a top class keeper and he gives us Koko the clown, then reverts back to Mignolet when he realizes how ***** he was
And the only way we can play is tip tappin round the box and trying to walk it in - its AWFUL
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:12 pm

We have a shyte squad lads and the 1st team isn't all that either. The only thing this side has been consistent at is bottling it and they have been doing it for the last 3-4 years. They just took to the field today and produced the same shyte  :down:
Just sick to the teeth with this lot and they aren't getting any better  :no Top 4 my ar$e
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:12 pm

We look so flat. Klopp has vibrancy about him but that is not showing through the players and that is a worry for me. We had Coutinho, Mane, Firmino and Lallana out there and couldn't score. This is more than just a personnel issue imo. Yes we need a bigger squad so we can rest players with the frantic style of play we use but also teams have worked us out somewhat and we are not mixing things up to give them different kind of problems. Forget a blip, this looks like rot setting in and we better fix up or that CL place is seriously at risk
Doeboy

Postby JC_81 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:14 pm

Certain things are coming back to bite us.

Not sorting the keeper position. Here we are still relying on Mignolet, who despite his pen save v Chelsea hasnt impressed. He needs to go in the summer. Karius is young and not ready. We need an experienced reliable keeper for now. Mignolet isnt that.

Left back. Milner has done really well but his legs have looked gone last 6 weeks. I would even be tempted to give Moreno a few games... which highlights the problem we have in this position as Moreno is horrendous.

A quality centre mid. When the chips are down we need someone who is going to drag us through the game and get something. Henderson has a place in the team but he wont give us this. Ive also lost patience with Can. He needs to go.

Striker. Firmino works hard but blows hot and cold. Not consistent. And Sturridge is finished - no pace now. We need a top quality forward.

Work to be done this summer.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:15 pm

leeroy74 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:03 pm wrote:I got death threats for calling klopp out last season. I made a claim we were no better than we were under Rodgers. I've never heard the last of it. But now i see people are realising similar things. Its dire and I hate the way we are doing the same stuff every game. Something needs to give

Agree with that. It's the same issues every other weak. We just don't look solid at the back and the foundation to any great team is a good defense but we have the same issue with letting in too many goals since Rafa left
Doeboy

Postby Mikz » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:17 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:12 pm wrote:We have a shyte squad lads and the 1st team isn't all that either. The only thing this side has been consistent at is bottling it and they have been doing it for the last 3-4 years. They just took to the field today and produced the same shyte  :down:
Just sick to the teeth with this lot and they aren't getting any better  :no Top 4 my ar$e

They dont have the winning mentality, not one of them. And that goes for the manager too. United and Chelsea have it , apart from that everyone else is happy enough to turn up and play and say oh well done old chap when they lose.
  Losing should be never an option with that shirt on - thats how leagues are won
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:18 pm

JC_81 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:14 pm wrote:Certain things are coming back to bite us.

Not sorting the keeper position. Here we are still relying on Mignolet, who despite his pen save v Chelsea hasnt impressed. He needs to go in the summer. Karius is young and not ready. We need an experienced reliable keeper for now. Mignolet isnt that.

Left back. Milner has done really well but his legs have looked gone last 6 weeks. I would even be tempted to give Moreno a few games... which highlights the problem we have in this position as Moreno is horrendous.

A quality centre mid. When the chips are down we need someone who is going to drag us through the game and get something. Henderson has a place in the team but he wont give us this. Ive also lost patience with Can. He needs to go.

Striker. Firmino works hard but blows hot and cold. Not consistent. And Sturridge is finished - no pace now. We need a top quality forward.

Work to be done this summer.

What winds me up is that we continually seem to be work in progress. Get to a good level with the team, then lose a couple of our best players and then work to get back to that level again and then the cycle repeats itself.
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:32 pm

Any summer rebuild should it materialise will be funded by sales of Couthino and Sturridge so buckle in for that.

I find it unfathomable Klopp would persivere without strengthening in January but the money isnt there, and I dont care about speadsheets it f*ck@ing should be, we are an utter shambles behind the scenes and if Kloppo doesnt stand up to it and speak out he will be hoofing it with tail between his legs back to Germany within 12 months.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Mikz » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:17 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:12 pm wrote:We have a shyte squad lads and the 1st team isn't all that either. The only thing this side has been consistent at is bottling it and they have been doing it for the last 3-4 years. They just took to the field today and produced the same shyte  :down:

They dont have the winning mentality, not one of them. And that goes for the manager too. United and Chelsea have it , apart from that everyone else is happy enough to turn up and play and say oh well done old chap when they lose.
  Losing should be never an option with that shirt on - thats how leagues are won

Think Klopp has a winning mentality and a manager capable of moving to the next level as a regular winner if he has the right players. I don't know if he genuinely believes he has because if he does I would be really worried about the direction we are going. He's very passionate but maybe a little to trusting in some of his players. The summer is going to be massive for him and he will not get away with only making minor adjustments. If its the same shyte next season then I fear for him but even at that I would sooner see the owners out first.

That shirt will do feck all for some of those players because they already think they have it made before they put it on  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:46 pm

Jurgen Flopps again. Emre Can and Firmino need a break from the starting 11.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games