Hull v Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:42 pm

[quote="SouthCoastShankly » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:03 pm"]

No issue with him for the first what so ever... you can't expect Moses to lose the ball in the manor he did, Lucas was then nowhere near it and he was left a bit unfortunate although shouldn't have turned his back.

The second and third were directly his fault.

Disagree on Toure being worse, both had shockers though.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:19 am

our forward line has been carrying this side all season, if you severely weaken the front 3 (like on sunday) then the midfield has to stand on it`s own two feet which its clearly not capable of, even against hull.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dalglish » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:03 am

:lookaround The only surprise to me after this abject performance is that most of us have only just realised we are tad "dodgy" at the back away from home !

I've little doubt that we will win comfortably on Wednesday and Saturday at home when teams (especially Norwich and West Ham) can't cope with players like Luis Suarez and Philippe Coutinho. The Midfield will have loads of time and space and the defence will have little to do.

Home performances aren't the problem but its a different ball game when we go away..........

Hull are a well drilled team and filled with good honest players who are comfortable on the ball and add the vital ingredient of work rate. They have conceded less goals than Man U and Newcastle and the same as Liverpool (16) with  only 3 of those goals conceded at home.

In the last 3 Aways games we have conceded 8 goals, losing 2 and drawing 1 !

BR needs to arrest the decline away from home...............

The NEXT 3 aways are Spurs, Man City and Chelsea !  :Oo:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:06 am

i think skertel was responsible for 2 of the three goals hull scored.
i dont blame him for the deflection on the 1st goal but he needs to close down strikers before they can shoot.
why was he backing off a good 4-5 yards and let the hull player have a shot at 23 yards?
for the third goal he headed in a harmless chip.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:48 am

Was working all weekend and still haven't been able to bring myself to watch the highlights of this game after seeing the result.

I feared the worst when I saw the starting team... take away 2 of our best 3 attackers and we're obviously going to struggle.  Especially against a Steve Bruce side, whose teams always seem to get results against us.

So far this season we've bounced back with a good performance after a loss and that is badly needed.  As others have mentioned, with the away games we have coming up we absolutely have to take 6 points from the next 2 home games to stay in the mix.

I would like to see Alberto given a chance in the team this month.  We badly lack a bit of creativity in midfield and although I'm not saying he's the answer, if he's not worth throwing in now when the midfield is struggling, then when is he worth throwing in?  Two home games where we should see a lot of the ball is a perfect opportunity to see what he can do.

This month will make or break us this season I feel and injuries along with poor form have come at a bad time.  We have to turn things around quickly.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Was working all weekend and still haven't been able to bring myself to watch the highlights   

Don't  do it!
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:58 pm

What gets me was the team selection.. Suarez isolated, Gerrard to deep and Moses and sterling out wide did nothing at all. I just don't get it.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games