LIVERPOOL V EVERTON 01/04/2017 12.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:40 pm

Great TEAM performance  :buttrock

Must admit I expected a bit more from Everton but we overruled them in every department.

Coutinho obviously our stand out player but EVERY player did their job.

Especially delighted for Origi   :buttrock

Great finish for his goal from some distance out .

He's had his critics but this lad has quality, maybe he just needs "an arm around the shoulder" to help him .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Franky000 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:52 pm

United dropped 2 points so happy days...it makes it just a tiny bit easier for us on the run in.
Franky000

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:12 pm

With few main players injured its time Origi steps in. Really glad that he scored and hopefully he will go on a run now.
We could be missing Lallana, Mane and Hendo for a next few games.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:33 pm

redshade » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:12 pm wrote:With few main players injured its time Origi steps in. Really glad that he scored and hopefully he will go on a run now.
We could be missing Lallana, Mane and Hendo for a next few games.

Agreed, Origi looked much better today, not just his goal but his general play as well.
As you say mate it could be a timely return to form given our injury situation.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:22 pm

Binge eating cheesecake sitting on the bags of socks they've robbed wringing out their tear soaked dressing gown sleeves, and that's just Kevin Ratcliffe   :D

It just doesn't get any better than that !  As for the game I thought Can and Lucas were giants out there today and they needed to be as Wjinaldum was well off the pace, at the back Lovren wore Lukaku like an old overcoat as arguably the most fearsome striker since Drogba was frozen out with consummate ease by possibly the coolest defensive display since Agger held the aforementioned Ivorian beast in his back pocket, then you have Milner who is slowly but surely becoming a great Liverpool LB, he was absolutely brilliant today his interceptions and last ditch tackles denied Everton a goal to dig their sad ***** back into the game.

I'm hoping Mane's injury is not too serious because he's the  player that makes our triumvirate so potent a force. I'm also hoping that our little South American has dusted himself down and is now ready to drive us into the top three with displays of  similar genius we seen earlier.

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:06 pm

Maybe a bit fortunate in the long-run that Barkley stayed on the pitch. Now he's available against united. Although he certainly needs to put in a better performance than he did today to make a difference.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby laza » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:01 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:40 pm wrote:Huge win for us though and a great achievement to remain unbeaten throughout 2016/17 against the top sides, we've only got lesser lights left now. If injuries don't f**k us up we have got a great chance of finishing in the top 4.

Considering our season; Pity our last 8 games aren't against the top sides , we could end being Champions then  :cool:
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:49 pm

Two words !!  DIRTY FKRS !!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:14 pm

Very good win against an understrength Everton side. Coutinho was unplayyable at times, if he maintains this form our chances of a top4 finish go up considerably. Shame about the Mane injury, he remains the biggest threat we have in the side and the only attacking player who looks to make runs behind defenders.

CB pairing of Lovren and Matip is something I'll keep an eye on till end of the season. I think they are both very good defenders and I'm not sure I agree on the need to invest in a new starting CB.

Emre Can had a very good game, Wijnaldum was solid, and Lucas had one of his better games.

Mignolet is another one to monitor until end of the season. His form has been decent and it will be interesting to see what happens with our GK situation for next season.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:13 am

I do hope the club identifies any of those sick fookers who mocked Seamus Coleman on video and, if found to be season ticket holders, have their membership suspended.
Utterly sick that carry on.
And I for one don't want to be associated with that.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:34 am

bunglemark2 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:13 pm wrote:I do hope the club identifies any of those sick fookers who mocked Seamus Coleman on video and, if found to be season ticket holders, have their membership suspended.

Eh? I haven't heard anything about that. What happened mate?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:50 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:34 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:13 pm wrote:I do hope the club identifies any of those sick fookers who mocked Seamus Coleman on video and, if found to be season ticket holders, have their membership suspended.

Eh? I haven't heard anything about that. What happened mate?

This:
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/liver ... ant-119034
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:24 am

It's pathetic but not surprising. Unfortunately mate the day you chose to support a football club and I don't really care which one was the day you decided to be in the same stadium or pub as some very low grade individuals. Not sure that they are worth any media attention. Basically they are the scum of the earth who place a much lower value on human life than you and I. There everywhere Bungle and unfortunately we have to walk among them !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:36 pm

devaney » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:24 am wrote:It's pathetic but not surprising. Unfortunately mate the day you chose to support a football club and I don't really care which one was the day you decided to be in the same stadium or pub as some very low grade individuals. Not sure that they are worth any media attention. Basically they are the scum of the earth who place a much lower value on human life than you and I. There everywhere Bungle and unfortunately we have to walk among them !!

Yep, well said Dev.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Massive 3 points  :nod . They couldn't keep with us although I was worried their double sub might change the game for them. thankfully it didn't and we pushed on and wrapped it up. Thought Phil was excellent and back to his best influencing our play. Good goal from him and a sweet pass to origi who did everything perfect to kill them off. In saying that though their keeper is shocking. It had the grit that you would usually associate with this fixture but Williams and barkley were looking for a bit more. If that FA don't hand out a ban to Williams for that cheap stamp on Emre then they are a bunch of cheats.
Was disappointed we conceded a cheap goal again and although Lovren did have a good game he hadn't a clue what he was at or where he should be during that set piece. Can is by far our best mid and really puts himself about, He isn't afraid to tackle either and for me should be our no 1 DM. He is worth sticking with imo. I haven't heard an update on mane so maybe that's good news as I don't think we can afford to miss him.

Unfortunately that kind of sick chanting puts a negative on a good win but it is a part of the game for some. Thankfully we only have a very small % of fans like that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games