EVERTON VS LIVERPOOL - Mersyside derby  , 29/11/09 , 13:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:37 pm

Dosnt matter how bad or how good any teams form is it gets thrown out the window for this one, One could be world champions an the other in the 2nd division an it wouldnt make a difference, Meself i cant wait for this  an as far as team wise i would have Babel no were near the pit,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:15 pm

I wouldnt let Babel in the city for this one!!

I just hope and pray Nando is fit
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:29 am

Been hearing rumours that Torres might play in some capacity? I thought he's still undergoing his therapy/rehab program for another week..?
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby shawnk » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:47 am

LiverpoolFC_Kopite wrote:Been hearing rumours that Torres might play in some capacity? I thought he's still undergoing his therapy/rehab program for another week..?

I hope Rafa is not risking Torres as our target of this season has to be lower place like 4th. We need him in the long run and wouldn't want to risk him and get him injured especially WC 2010 is around.
shawnk

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:28 pm

if it was me, i'd put aurelio in at left back instead of insua and bring back benayoun. as it is, i think benayoun will just come in for aurelio and the rest of the side will be unchanged.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Rockthekop » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:38 pm

And our defence is worse than Portsmouth at this moment in time!

4 defeats out of 6 away is good for Burnley, not Liverpool.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to be honest, Everton will be throwing everything at us to compound the misery. 

For Rafa's sake we have to win this game but I'm not filled with confidence.
Rockthekop

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:45 pm

Has anyone heard any (reliabe) news about Torres?

We really could do with him for this game (well, for every single game tbh) but as some have said there's no point in rushing him back, if it just means him being out for another longish spell again.
JamCar05

Postby Eagle » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:27 pm

We need Gerrard in central midfield as we are too easy to defend against when Lucus and Masch play together. With the game likely to be played at a very high tempo, an off the pace Aquilani could prove to be a liability if he starts so he should be used from the bench,

Reina

Johnson  Carragher  Agger  Insua

Kuyt        Gerrard   Masch  Aurelio

Benayoun
                            Ngog
Eagle

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:40 pm

JamCar05 wrote:Has anyone heard any (reliabe) news about Torres?

no way he'll make it imo. he may be back next weekend but if i had to put money on it i'd say he'll be back for the arsenal game on the 13th december.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Eagle » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:48 pm

stmichael wrote:if it was me, i'd put aurelio in at left back instead of insua and bring back benayoun. as it is, i think benayoun will just come in for aurelio and the rest of the side will be unchanged.

DERBY LATEST: TORRES FITNESS UPDATE

Fernando Torres will face a late fitness test ahead of Sunday's 212th Merseyside derby. 
The striker has not featured since our trip to Lyon on November 4 following a groin problem which originated on international duty.

Having gone through two to three weeks of recuperation, Torres is nearing fitness.

"We will check him tomorrow. He's training well, he's been with the physios and we'll check after the training session," Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv.

Elsewhere, Benitez has just two other injury doubts for the trip to Goodison.

He said: "Ryan Babel will not be available and Martin Kelly is still training with the physios.

"Albert Riera has been training so we'll have to decide. I don't see any other problems. Everyone is training."
Eagle

Postby Owzat » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:24 pm

stmichael wrote:alan wiley is the referee. personally i don't think he's fit enough to be reffing a game of this importance :angry:

Who was it suggesting there should be an elite panel of refs recently? There is already an unofficial policy of giving the supposed best refs the big games, either this isn't deemed one or Wiley is deemed one of the best and both would worry me seriously.

Need a ref with balls and brains, maybe with Wiley in charge we'd best not risk Aquilani as they'll probably kick lumps out of everyone on the pitch until eventually the retard in charge remembers he has a yellow card in his pocket for a reason. Didn't we get the short end of the stick against the bitters in the cup last season? They kicked lumps out of us, went on a foul-a-thon, then the ref finally decided to book players (might have been after half-time) and they got someone booked before Lucas got a harsh one - a consequence of THEIR constant fouling. He then got sent off for a challenge where, as I recall, he won the ball. (might be wrong, know it was poor reffing)

I've just looked up the game and the retard in question was.........................A.Wiley

LIVERPOOL REFS vs BIG FOUR (AND EVERTON) 08/09 & 09/10

09/10 LC Arsenal (a) A.Wiley
09/10 PREM Man Utd (h) A.Marriner
09/10 PREM Chelsea (a) M.Atkinson
08/09 PREM Everton (h) H.Webb
08/09 PREM Everton (a) M.Riley
08/09 FAC Everton (a) A.Wiley
08/09 FAC Everton (h) S.Bennett
08/09 PREM Man Utd (h) H.Webb
08/09 PREM Man Utd (a) A.Wiley
08/09 PREM Arsenal (a) H.Webb
08/09 PREM Arsenal (h) H.Webb
08/09 PREM Chelsea (h) M.Riley
08/09 PREM Chelsea (a) H.Webb

If Rafa was fergie then he'd have his pick of refs not the fergie rejects, Marriner is in charge of Arsenal vs Chelsea, scum have got Dean
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanklygates » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:49 pm

i actually think liverpool will win comfortably 2 or 3 -0, but IF we dont and everton actually beat us i'd like to wake up monday morning and see rafa has resigned.

my team would be this, if all fit...

----------------reina------------------

johnson        carra      agger       aurelio

--------------masch-------------------

kuyt---------aquilani------benayoun

--------------stevie----------------

--------------torres-----------------
shanklygates

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:45 pm

Alberto Aquilani is another who could potentially make his derby debut - though the manager remains eager to play it safe with the fitness of the Italian international.

"It is a difficult situation with Aquilani," said Benitez. "People have been asking me about him, and we have been wanting to play him for a long time, but when a player is not fully fit, his match fitness is not the best.

"When you are in a situation where you are winning 1-0 in a very important game, or you are drawing as we were against City, it's more difficult for him (to play as a substitute).

"Sometimes when a new player plays for just 20-30 minutes, they need time to settle down.

"We need to do the right things with him. If you are winning and doing well, you can play anyone because they will play well too.

"He will play if it is necessary, and hopefully it will be because it will mean we are winning and want to give him some minutes.

"We have to give him the best opportunity to thrive on the pitch."
Benny The Noon

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:28 pm

When your Tired and Weary
And your heart it skips a beat,
You'll get your fu.ckin' head kicked in if you walk down heyworth street.
If you come into the Albert
You'll hear our famous noise
GET OUT YOU EVERTON BAS.TARDS
We're the Billy Shankly Boys

We're the boys from the kop
We're loyal and we're true
And when we play the everton we're ready for a do
To the cry of no surrender
You'll hear our famous noise
GET OUT YOU EVERTON BAS.TARDS
We're the Billy Shankly Boys

COME ON YOU FECKING MEN IN RED.