BOLTON VS LIVERPOOL - 29/08/09 - 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:58 pm

Aquaboy = Mid october.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:15 pm

I would be tempted to try something a little different. Mascherano and Lucus are just too limited in their passing range and take control of games. I would be tempted to drop Gerrard back and go 4-3-3 or play a diamond formation.

With Alonso gone and Aquilani injured, and a relative unknown quantity in this league in any case, we have to look at other options because the Mascherano and Lucus combination isn’t going to work.

Reina

Johnson    Carragher    Skrtel    Insua

Mascherano
           Gerrard               Lucas
                      Benayoun

Torres   Voronin

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:23 pm

What I like about your formation Luke is we have to accept Voronin has to get game time, he´s out main striker back up so we have to play him.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:59 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:                        Reina

Johnson    Carragher    Skrtel    Insua

Mascherano
           Gerrard               Lucas
                      Benayoun

Torres   Voronin

I would only expect that formation if Rafa had took a huge acid tab on Monday and failed to come down.  :D

Benayoun  Gerrard   Masch     Riera

Torres   Kuyt

Is the best we can go with IMO.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:38 pm

Reg wrote:Aquaboy = Mid october.

Really I thought it was September?

We need a win. I don't care how or if it is the luckiest last minute goal but we absolutley must get 3 points in this game. Bolton were a tricky team a few years ago under churchill but they are relativley shyte now. We should have no problem beating them home or away.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:44 pm

right well we're gonna stuff these and the Mancs are gonna lose to Arsenal and everything won't look as bad

funny ol' game init?  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Madmax » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:48 pm

bavlondon wrote:

Thought it was 3rd week of september or something.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Greavesie wrote:right well we're gonna stuff these and the Mancs are gonna lose to Arsenal and everything won't look as bad

funny ol' game init?  :D

Chelsea will win so it will still look bad.. Mancs aint going to win the title this season it will be chelsea. Not that bothered about the mancs!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:19 pm

Madmax wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

Thought it was 3rd week of september or something.

Yeah thats what I thought too. Then again Rafa has never been one to rush someone back so unless Stevie and/or Masch/Lucas are injured he will probably ease him in.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:25 pm

when we signed him, they said 4-6 weeks.  We signed him about a week before the season started. So that would leave 2-4 weeks left, my guess is that its closer to that 4 weeks number, but that is still before October.  Not sure if that means fit to train or fit to play.
JoeTerp

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:37 pm

Sotiros Kyrgiakos to make Bolton debut for Liverpool FC
Aug 26 2009 by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo

The 30-year-old's registration didn't go through in time for Monday's 3-1 home defeat at the hands of Aston Villa but boss Rafa Benitez is expected to turn to the Greek international for the clash at the Reebok Stadium.

The giant 6ft 4ins defender, who cost £1.5million from AEK Athens, is ideally suited to facing Gary Megson's physical side and Benitez will be hoping he can help nullify the aerial threat of frontman Kevin Davies.

Benitez will be keeping a close eye on fellow centre-back Martin Skrtel in the build up to the weekend as the Slovak is still troubled by the cracked jaw he suffered at Spurs.

The Reds manager may opt to use Skrtel sparingly until his injury heals. Meanwhile, reports linking Liverpool with a move for either Arjen Robben or Keisuke Honda are wide of the mark. Former Chelsea winger Robben is out of favour at Real Madrid but the Spaniards are seeking a fee of around £15m.

Japanese midfielder Honda has proved a big hit with newly promoted Dutch top flight outfit Venlo.

The 23-year-old is attracting interest from a number of European clubs but has a £8million price tag. Even if Benitez was interested in either player he doesn't have sufficient funds to complete a deal. Unless owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett loosen their grip on the Anfield purse strings then the Reds boss is unlikely to do any more business before the transfer window shuts next Tuesday.

Meanwhile, promising reserve team striker Krisztian Nemeth will spend this season on loan at AEK Athens. The Greek club, who sold Kyrgiakos to the Reds, were initially keen to take midfielder Nabil El Zhar but that deal failed to materialise.

Instead they have secured the services of 20-year-old Nemeth, who scored twice in the 5-0 win over Singapore in pre-season and recently signed a new contract to remain at Anfield until 2012.

Fellow Hungarian Andras Simon has been snapped up on a season-long loan by Spanish club Cordoba CF.

The strike duo arrived at Anfield from MTK Hungaria two years ago but neither has made a competitive first-team appearance.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:11 pm

Reg wrote:Sotiros Kyrgiakos to make Bolton debut for Liverpool FC

The 30-year-old's registration didn't go through in time for Monday's 3-1 home defeat at the hands of Aston Villa but boss Rafa Benitez is expected to turn to the Greek international for the clash at the Reebok Stadium.

The giant 6ft 4ins defender, who cost £1.5million from AEK Athens, is ideally suited to facing Gary Megson's physical side and Benitez will be hoping he can help nullify the aerial threat of frontman Kevin Davies.

Benitez will be keeping a close eye on fellow centre-back Martin Skrtel in the build up to the weekend as the Slovak is still troubled by the cracked jaw he suffered at Spurs.

The Reds manager may opt to use Skrtel sparingly until his injury heals. Meanwhile, reports linking Liverpool with a move for either Arjen Robben or Keisuke Honda are wide of the mark. Former Chelsea winger Robben is out of favour at Real Madrid but the Spaniards are seeking a fee of around £15m.

Japanese midfielder Honda has proved a big hit with newly promoted Dutch top flight outfit Venlo.

The 23-year-old is attracting interest from a number of European clubs but has a £8million price tag. Even if Benitez was interested in either player he doesn't have sufficient funds to complete a deal. Unless owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett loosen their grip on the Anfield purse strings then the Reds boss is unlikely to do any more business before the transfer window shuts next Tuesday.

Meanwhile, promising reserve team striker Krisztian Nemeth will spend this season on loan at AEK Athens. The Greek club, who sold Kyrgiakos to the Reds, were initially keen to take midfielder Nabil El Zhar but that deal failed to materialise.

Instead they have secured the services of 20-year-old Nemeth, who scored twice in the 5-0 win over Singapore in pre-season and recently signed a new contract to remain at Anfield until 2012.

Fellow Hungarian Andras Simon has been snapped up on a season-long loan by Spanish club Cordoba CF.

The strike duo arrived at Anfield from MTK Hungaria two years ago but neither has made a competitive first-team appearance.

£15 Million for Robben!  :O

I would pounce on that deal like a fat kid on cake
Fauxy

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:55 pm

Fauxy wrote:
Reg wrote:Sotiros Kyrgiakos to make Bolton debut for Liverpool FC

£15 Million for Robben!  :O

I would pounce on that deal like a fat kid on cake

You mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbbLWnth3b8

:D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:43 pm

Yes, just like that  :D
Fauxy

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:14 pm

If our defenders think they've had it tough so far they've seen nothing yet. Everything for Bolton goes through Kevin Davies so our centre backs had better be up for the fight.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games