BLACKBURN ROVERS VS LIVERPOOL - wednesday 5th january 20.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Blackburn
Suspended: Kalinic (two matches)
Injured/unavailable: Andrews & Grella (both groin), Emerton (international duty), Hanley (shin), Jones (knee), N'Zonzi & Roberts (both hamstring), Robinson (calf)

Liverpool
Injured: Carragher (shoulder), Spearing (ankle), Meireles (ankle)

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Roy's fighting for his life and he really needs to string together a run of results to convince the fans and the board that he's the guy to take us forward. So he needs to get a win tomorrow.

...which means we'll no doubt lose 2-0  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:10 am

I just hope we don't get robbed 4-1 :D
LFC2007

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:15 am

LFC2007 wrote:I just hope we don't get robbed 4-1 :D

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:31 am

I'd rather kuyt or babel had a go upfront with torres, ngog is in need of a rest imo, plus these daft flicks he keeps trying just dont come off and we find ourselves out of position defending a counter attack.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:14 am

Link

Blackburn

v

Liverpool

We say: Away win

Get all the latest match odds in the Betting Zone

Defender Christopher Samba returns from a three-match absence, along with Michel Salgado who served a one-match suspension in Saturday's defeat at Sunderland. Striker Nikola Kalinic still has two matches of his ban outstanding. Goalkeeper Paul Robinson is still sidelined with a calf injury while Grant Hanley will undergo further tests after scans yesterday suggested he could have a stress fracture in his shin.

Raul Meireles has been ruled out with an ankle injury. Steven Gerrard appears the most obvious replacement but manager Roy Hodgson has admitted the likes of the captain and Fernando Torres could be rested in a busy January. Midfielder Jay Spearing has returned to training after breaking a bone in his ankle in November.

I'm not sure they know what they are talking about, but a team without Torres and Gerrard scares me. Plus, Torres has hardly been doing all that much to get too tired.

Reina

Johnson     Kyriakos     Agger     Aurelio

Kuyt         Gerrard       Lucas     Maxi

Cole

Torres

Go for the jugular, and then bring off Gerrard/Torres on 60 minutes for Shelvey and Ngog/Babel/Jovanovic with the game in the bag. If it is not in the bag, then they stay on - points in the league are more important than the FA Cup right now.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:39 am

Raoul wrote:points in the league are more important than the FA Cup right now.

Even if the FA Cup is against the mancs and represents one of only two remaining options of a trophy this season? I don't know myself tbh - I would really really love to knock out the mancs at their own ground (though that'll no doubt prove very difficult even with our best team fresh) but at the same time I naturally agree we desperately need more points on the board.

Re the game I too hope Roy will play Soto and Agger in central defence but I fear he will bench Agger again as Skrtel seems to be his main man and Soto is necessary against Blackburn (as seen in the opposite encounter at Anfield).
JamCar05

Postby tonyeh » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:12 pm

2-0 Liverpool.

Blackburn are in weird spot at the moment and Liverpool should capitalise, assuming they can get over the "away" problems.
tonyeh

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:23 pm

aurelio and agger will be dropped for konchesky and the greek, get your mortgage on it.  :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:24 pm

If only we had di canio back in his prime, him and Torres partnership will be awesome. Cole I'm afraid is not good enough in the hole...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Good as place as any to win  confidently away and build some momentum

3-1 to the Pool
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:17 pm

What are all those talks of having Gerrard and Torres rest before the FA cup on Sunday? I really hope this is phsycological babble and hope to see the strongest lineup we have start the game. Can't stand those calculations which time and again prove to be totally idiotics and unsuccesful. Liverpool is desperate for winning feeling ,we need to restore confidence and some joy for the game.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:48 pm

FFS again no Aquilani :angry:  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:22 pm

stmichael wrote:aurelio and agger will be dropped for konchesky and the greek, get your mortgage on it.  :angry:

When did the greek last have a good game?

When did Agger last have a good game?
Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:05 pm

Steven Gerrard returns to Liverpool's starting XI for tonight's Barclays Premier League clash at Blackburn Rovers - listen live online from 7.55pm.

Roy Hodgson makes four changes to the side he selected for the New Year's Day encounter with Bolton as Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Paul Konchesky and Joe Cole also return.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Konchesky, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Lucas, Gerrard, Cole, Maxi, Ngog, Torres.

Subs: Gulacsi, Agger, Kelly, Kuyt, Poulsen, Babel, Jovanovic.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games