aston villa v LIVERPOOL Mon 26th Dec 5.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:22 pm

Good win, keep the hunt for UCL spot going.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:55 am

A game of two halves really but we did enough to get the win comfortably in the end.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:37 am

red till i die!! » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:55 pm wrote:A game of two halves really but we did enough to get the win comfortably in the end.

I’d like to agree with you mate, but I certainly didn’t find that particularly comfortable. After successfully taking our limited chances in the first half, we completely disappeared in the second half and had Aston Villa  been more clinical in front of goal we would certainly not halve walked away with the three points. Having said that the opening goal was a fantastic team goal and demonstrated exactly what Trent is capable of. Mo on the scoresheet again and to think some clowns continue to criticise him. Crazy Darwin certainly causes defenders massive problems and was unlucky not to score. This lad might just become a legend and it was great to see him get an excellent assist. Stefan Bajcetic and Ben Doak both look like they could play a big part in Liverpool’s future. Great goal by Stefan. Virgil looked very impressive at times now that the World Cup isn’t at the forefront of his mind !! Joel Matip had an impressive game. Cracking match but comfortable it wasn’t until Stefan scored  :laugh:
Last edited by devaney on Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:17 am

I marvel at what a fantastic signing Big Joel has been. Got him on a free, 6 years great service on £100k a week... what a star.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:22 pm

devaney wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:55 pm wrote:A game of two halves really but we did enough to get the win comfortably in the end.

I’d like to agree with you mate, but I certainly didn’t find that particularly comfortable. After successfully taking our limited chances in the first half, we completely disappeared in the second half and had Aston Villa  been more clinical in front of goal we would certainly not halve walked away with the three points. Having said that the opening goal was a fantastic team goal and demonstrated exactly what Trent is capable of. Mo on the scoresheet again and to think some clowns continue to criticise him. Crazy Darwin certainly causes defenders massive problems and was unlucky not to score. This lad might just become a legend and it was great to see him get an excellent assist. Stefan Bajcetic and Ben Doak both look like they could play a big part in Liverpool’s future. Great goal by Stefan. Virgil looked very impressive at times now that the World Cup isn’t at the forefront of his mind !! Joel Matip had an impressive game. Cracking match but comfortable it wasn’t until Stefan scored  :laugh:

I meant after we got the 3rd  :D

Think we are guilty of thinking it was in the bag at half time and took the foot off enough to encourage them. They did have a few chances but so did we. Nunez scores 1 or 2 of those chances at 2 up and they were finished.  He's certainly a handful but needs to be putting those away. He has the speed to get himself into some great positions but it's like his brain switches off when he does.  Agree fully on Trent and Mo.

Seen that Doak lad when he made his debut and he is certainly up for it. If he keeps that attitude up he will force his way in.  Bacetic is another good player and also hungry for it so fingers crossed they can transition in and fight for places. Much better than Ox, Keita or Milner imo so I hope they start getting the nod ahead of those.

I really didn't think yesterday was great at all but we did deserve the win. That's the 3rd league win on the bounce as well so starting to build a bit of momentum. That Gakpo lad in now as well so with any luck he is a real quality player!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games