ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday 17 April 2011 16.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby mkingdom » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:37 pm

As has been said, we have not won at the Emirates yet, and I think we'll draw.

A result that is no good for either of us.

Reina

Flanagan  Carra  Skrtel  Aurelio

Mereiles  Spearing  Lucas

Kuyt   Carroll   Suarez
mkingdom

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Greavesie wrote:you won't see Stevie til August mate - and even that's not a cert :(

i know. was relying on another one of his dodgy backpasses :angry:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ethanr » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:21 pm

stmichael wrote:
Greavesie wrote:you won't see Stevie til August mate - and even that's not a cert :(

i know. was relying on another one of his dodgy backpasses :angry:  :D

:wwww

Now that's funny.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby haps » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:The way I look at it, the Mancs will overtake our record sooner or later, but it wont take us as long as it too them to get that crown back.  Liverpool are opn the way up where as Utd are standing still or even moving backwards as they have not replaced some key players of there team in recent seasons.

Arsenal 1 - Liverpool 3

I don't understand this assertion.  Mancscum are going to win the EPL (most likely), are in the semi-finals of the FA cup (with a Tevez-less and deflated bunch of mercenaries up next and an easy final opponent in prospect) and are in the CL semi too.  HOW are they standing still or going backward?  How?  I hate Utd (obviously) but I've been hearing this "Utd are standing still, they haven't freshened up their ranks bull for a while this year and it's such a load of nonsense.  They have quality young players just approaching their best like that Hernandez fella and that cheat soft-lad, Nani.  They'll also buy big this summer.  A new keeper on the way.  Probably a top striker too.

Anyway, the gaem.  Tough to call this because we could come out and play like last Monday or like the match against West Ham.  I'd agree with you on one thing - 1-1 looks a bet.  suarez to score.
haps

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:48 pm

haps wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:The way I look at it, the Mancs will overtake our record sooner or later, but it wont take us as long as it too them to get that crown back.  Liverpool are opn the way up where as Utd are standing still or even moving backwards as they have not replaced some key players of there team in recent seasons.

Arsenal 1 - Liverpool 3

I don't understand this assertion.  Mancscum are going to win the EPL (most likely), are in the semi-finals of the FA cup (with a Tevez-less and deflated bunch of mercenaries up next and an easy final opponent in prospect) and are in the CL semi too.  HOW are they standing still or going backward?  How?  I hate Utd (obviously) but I've been hearing this "Utd are standing still, they haven't freshened up their ranks bull for a while this year and it's such a load of nonsense.  They have quality young players just approaching their best like that Hernandez fella and that cheat soft-lad, Nani.  They'll also buy big this summer.  A new keeper on the way.  Probably a top striker too.

Anyway, the gaem.  Tough to call this because we could come out and play like last Monday or like the match against West Ham.  I'd agree with you on one thing - 1-1 looks a bet.  suarez to score.

Im shocked that the Mancs are still doing so well, they're not as good as they once were.  They have a terrible midfield and still heavily rely on Scholes, Giggs, VDS.  (who will all surely be retired in the next 2 years).

While I hate to admit it, whiskey nose is still a very good manager... but he must realistically only have 2 or 3 more season's in him.  Not to mention they are heavily in debt and don't seem to be investing heavily anymore.

I honestly feel like the Manc's are coming to the end of an impressive 20 years.  Hope im right!

As for the Arsenal game.  2 - 0 to Liverpool.  Although i wont be to upset if we get beat and Arsenal become champions.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:01 pm

manure really haven't improved much.  In the last couple years, the only notable transfer movement they have made is selling Ronaldo and buying Hernandez.  Other than that, there has been no transfers worth noting.  Bebe and Obertan are flops.  Owen? Haha, he's only scored like 4 goals in 31 games for them.  Neville retired, big whoop, he only hurt them.

So in reality, I think they have gotten a bit worse.  Look at their away form this season, it's been pretty bad.  They are getting more calls helping them out this year than ever before.  The simple thing is that their squad is getting older.  They're losing 3 of their best players soon in VDS, Scholes and Giggs.  Ferdinand is getting old too, and full of injuries.  Rooney is getting older and did find his form again in recent weeks, but I don't think he's happy with the club.  To be honest I think he only cares about himself.  Nani has started to play really well and Hernandez was a great signing, Rafael may turn into a good player if he stops with the stupid tackles, but other than those 3 there hasn't really been improvement.  Sure you could say berbagay has scored a lot, but really he just took all the poacher goals that rooney had last year.  I don't rate Valencia. You put an average player on one of the best teams and they will look good 19 times out of 20.

They claim every summer that they are going on some big spending spree to reinforce the squad, but they never do.  They end up spending 20 million on some random young players and maybe get 1 good one.

So soon they will lose Giggs, VDS, Scholes and Ferdinand.  I think Rooney wants to leave to tell you the truth, and I could see madrid snatching him up.  He really doesn't care about manure, he just wants the fame and money.  Once the team starts falling apart like that I could see Vidic leaving too, and Nani thinks he's as good as Ronaldo, so he's going to want to play for madrid sooner or later.  Berbagay is old too, Carrick, Fletcher, Park, they are all older players.  It's going to be little Hernandez by himself in a few years! :cool:

And the Glazers suck.  THey aren't good owners because they are going to drain the club for all that it's worth and then sell it.  Once they have sold many of these players, they will back out and let somebody else deal with it.

Anyway, Arsenal game.. :D  We basically play to standard in every big game, so I'm expecting a good one.  If our strikers can take advantage of their problems, We will come out winners.
ethanr

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:18 pm

ethanr wrote:manure really haven't improved much.  In the last couple years, the only notable transfer movement they have made is selling Ronaldo and buying Hernandez.  Other than that, there has been no transfers worth noting.  Bebe and Obertan are flops.  Owen? Haha, he's only scored like 4 goals in 31 games for them.  Neville retired, big whoop, he only hurt them.

So in reality, I think they have gotten a bit worse.  Look at their away form this season, it's been pretty bad.  They are getting more calls helping them out this year than ever before.  The simple thing is that their squad is getting older.  They're losing 3 of their best players soon in VDS, Scholes and Giggs.  Ferdinand is getting old too, and full of injuries.  Rooney is getting older and did find his form again in recent weeks, but I don't think he's happy with the club.  To be honest I think he only cares about himself.  Nani has started to play really well and Hernandez was a great signing, Rafael may turn into a good player if he stops with the stupid tackles, but other than those 3 there hasn't really been improvement.  Sure you could say berbagay has scored a lot, but really he just took all the poacher goals that rooney had last year.  I don't rate Valencia. You put an average player on one of the best teams and they will look good 19 times out of 20.

They claim every summer that they are going on some big spending spree to reinforce the squad, but they never do.  They end up spending 20 million on some random young players and maybe get 1 good one.

So soon they will lose Giggs, VDS, Scholes and Ferdinand.  I think Rooney wants to leave to tell you the truth, and I could see madrid snatching him up.  He really doesn't care about manure, he just wants the fame and money.  Once the team starts falling apart like that I could see Vidic leaving too, and Nani thinks he's as good as Ronaldo, so he's going to want to play for madrid sooner or later.  Berbagay is old too, Carrick, Fletcher, Park, they are all older players.  It's going to be little Hernandez by himself in a few years! :cool:

And the Glazers suck.  THey aren't good owners because they are going to drain the club for all that it's worth and then sell it.  Once they have sold many of these players, they will back out and let somebody else deal with it.

Anyway, Arsenal game.. :D  We basically play to standard in every big game, so I'm expecting a good one.  If our strikers can take advantage of their problems, We will come out winners.

Since when did transfer activity mean your playing badly. They'll probably win the title this season so they haven't done that badly.

Wake up and smell the coffee. United as much as we hate them know how to win. Even when they play badly.

Note: Owen has played 43 times for Man Utd and scored 13 goals (4 PL, 1 FAC, 4 LC, 4 CL). I actually don't think that is a bad return for a sub.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:23 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Wake up and smell the coffee. United as much as we hate them know how to win. Even when they play badly.

They have incredible self-belief and will to win which comes from the manager first and foremost. Until he goes they'll always be up there challenging on all fronts.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ethanr » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:55 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
ethanr wrote:manure really haven't improved much.  In the last couple years, the only notable transfer movement they have made is selling Ronaldo and buying Hernandez.  Other than that, there has been no transfers worth noting.  Bebe and Obertan are flops.  Owen? Haha, he's only scored like 4 goals in 31 games for them.  Neville retired, big whoop, he only hurt them.

Since when did transfer activity mean your playing badly. They'll probably win the title this season so they haven't done that badly.

Wake up and smell the coffee. United as much as we hate them know how to win. Even when they play badly.

Note: Owen has played 43 times for Man Utd and scored 13 goals (4 PL, 1 FAC, 4 LC, 4 CL). I actually don't think that is a bad return for a sub.

I said nothing about their transfer activity affecting their current form, I'm saying that the last couple years they have been on the down.  Didn't win the prem last year and they have been given the prem this year due to horribly inconsistent results from Arsenal and Chelsea, as well as an increase in decisions heading their way.

Note: Owen has scored 4 goals in 26 prem games, and that's pretty horrible.  1 in the FA cup was against Crawley... that's the type of team he scores against.  I don't even know you SCS and I'm confident you could score against Crawley  :D

Other goals in the champions league have came against wolfsburg (3) and CKSA Moscow.  He scored against Burnley in the LC, and Aston Villa.  Not to mention, I've seen most of his manure goals and they are ultimate tap-ins, like it doesn't get anymore like berbatov then Owen's goals for manure.

N'gog has 5 goals in 11 games in europe this season... that sure as hell doesn't make him good.  He even scored against Arsenal in the prem.

My point is, you really should only look at the prem goals because that's where you get the most consistent competition.
ethanr

Postby PabloMedina28 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Alex88 wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:Id drop Suarez for Cole give him a rest

First half Cole, second half, Suarez.

:D
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:52 am

PabloMedina28 wrote:
Alex88 wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:Id drop Suarez for Cole give him a rest

First half Cole, second half, Suarez.

:D

Not sure you guys are on the same page  :D
ethanr

Postby BKrimmel » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:09 am

Bring on those Arsenal c.unts. Let's Go boys. An American all fired up at three in the morning on Friday, who is thoroughly enjoying the second coming of the King. Let's go you Reds!!! YNWA!!!!!!
The View of Liverpool from an American Supporter
BKrimmel

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:11 pm

yeeeeee hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa cowpoke. :cool:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:31 pm

Probable teams.

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:18 pm

the way we have travelled this season it will be hard to see us come away with anything other than a point if were lucky.
sit back and they will trample us.
ill aim for a 1.1 draw and hopefully we'll do enough to snatch it,fingers crossed!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games