CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2018  LIVERPOOL V REAL MADRID

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:48 am

If there were any positives from tonight, it was all that totty at the start prancing around the pitch. Wish I taped that...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 27, 2018 12:54 am

Losing Salah was obviously a hammer blow but make no mistake, we were right in the game even after he went off and things were pretty even. Yes Bale scored a worldie for them but the reason Madrid won was simply down to the atrocious mistakes by Karius. Take those mistakes out, and we had much chance of winning the game as Madrid did.

Madrid won't walk away from this and think they were the better team on the night because it was clear to see things were pretty even. ....it's Karius who has lost us the game and won it for Madrid and that is the thing that is gutting about this. I can accept if a team wins if they are better than us on the day but that was far from the case today in my opinion.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun May 27, 2018 1:54 am

Strange how we are in a similar situation when we were in Europa. Moreno cost us then and now Karius.

Watched Klopps post press conference he looked devasted. This loss will hit him really hard.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 27, 2018 2:37 am

Gutted just gutted after that.  :(
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun May 27, 2018 3:20 am

Doeboy » Sat May 26, 2018 11:54 pm wrote:Losing Salah was obviously a hammer blow but make no mistake, we were right in the game even after he went off and things were pretty even. Yes Bale scored a worldie for them but the reason Madrid won was simply down to the atrocious mistakes by Karius. Take those mistakes out, and we had much chance of winning the game as Madrid did.

Madrid won't walk away from this and think they were the better team on the night because it was clear to see things were pretty even. ....it's Karius who has lost us the game and won it for Madrid and that is the thing that is gutting about this. I can accept if a team wins if they are better than us on the day but that was far from the case today in my opinion.

Spot on
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Sun May 27, 2018 3:45 am

What a wretched night.....

Sergio Ramo's MMA slapdown on Salah - something no other club has done all season despite knowing the danger he presents.

Klopp's non existant bench.... Lallana replaced Mo and made zero impact.   
Klopp's lack of Plan B, I guess down to having no suitable replacements.
Karius's howlers... soul destroying... no need for further comment.

The back 4 contained well, CR7 had no impact on the game, VVD neutralised him.
But in midfield we struggled not just to contain their midfield but to create opportunities for our attackers.

Look, RM are a fantastic team but as usual LFC are punching way above our weight. If we're serious about getting into the top flight we need 5-6 more players, all world class, then we'd be in with a shout.

Until then we're good on our day but unsustainable from one season to the next?

Commiserations to all, it took the shine off a great season.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sun May 27, 2018 4:10 am

If Karius made that mistake against any other team we would accept it and go on, can't see how we do that now.

Now entering depression...
killerp

Postby redshade » Sun May 27, 2018 4:15 am

I've reviewed the 1st goal a good few times and i just don't understand why Karius tried to roll the ball on the side side where Benzema was..Why not just throw it over. Yesterday i had a sleepless night because i was anxious and tonight it is because I'm depressed.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 27, 2018 4:26 am

Clearly it was done with intent

https://youtu.be/UxCcZe_q1iI

He locked Salah arm and then pulled Salah to the ground.

Romos i hope you rot in hell!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun May 27, 2018 6:06 am

Doeboy » Sat May 26, 2018 11:54 pm wrote:Losing Salah was obviously a hammer blow but make no mistake, we were right in the game even after he went off and things were pretty even. Yes Bale scored a worldie for them but the reason Madrid won was simply down to the atrocious mistakes by Karius. Take those mistakes out, and we had much chance of winning the game as Madrid did.

Madrid will not give two sh1ts! This is how they play, this is how they win and this is their culture. I bet they celebrated Ramos in the dressing room for the takedown and the elbow on our keeper and I'd bet that their fans are laughing. We could have beaten them and we blew it as a team, simple as.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 27, 2018 6:51 am

It just wasn't meant to be, everything seemed to go against us on the night, Mo's injury, Karius letting in probably the 2 softest goals in CL history, Bale's goal (as good as it was that flying bicycle kick could have went anywhere) etc etc
Reading some of the forums I think there's almost a sense of disbelief that a game we have all been looking forward to so much and for so long could pan out that way but personally I think the deciding factor was that they just had more quality than we did, they had 2 players sitting on their bench (Kovacic and Bale) who would not only get into our starting XI they'd be 2 of our star men if they were here.
That pretty much says it all.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 27, 2018 7:34 am

Yup they had game changers on the bench and the players we put on were not even match fit.

I guess we really should have snapped a Coutinho replacement in January or at least a player with quality like Mahrez.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Sun May 27, 2018 8:58 am

Karius the clown has shown his true colour at the World’s biggest football occasion whereas I have really doubted this average Liverpool side led by a nutcase of manager and it is full of duds will make history again. This is the worst Liverpool side to reach the final of CL, there are fundamental in many vital areas of the team, goalkeeper, defence, midfield, no recognized centre striker, which is mainly represented by a master of the duds Firmino!!.
Some of the dream on forum member really went too far in their expectation of this team and their beloved nutcase manager, whom his records at cup finals is vastly low, one win out of seven attempts, three since he has been in charge of LFC!! Great records for heavy metals hyped type of football, but not constructive! However, some of those forum members made jokes about my critical criticism of this nutcase manager, and some of his stars I should say duds for not managing to achieve major trophies, I hope they can now eat their words!.
It is only two or three players of the nutcase’s team can break into top European teams, however, some people think the likes of duds Firmino, Wijaldum, the clown, Mignolet, Klavan, Moreno, Origi, Clyne, and even Lovern are World beaters!, in fact, the useless club owner should get rid all of them along with their nutcase manager.
Some people is already talking the this present LFC team will challenge Man City for the title next season!, it is really absurd.
algymoon

Postby only me » Sun May 27, 2018 10:08 am

algymoon » Sun May 27, 2018 7:58 am wrote:Karius the clown has shown his true colour at the World’s biggest football occasion whereas I have really doubted this average Liverpool side led by a nutcase of manager and it is full of duds will make history again. This is the worst Liverpool side to reach the final of CL, there are fundamental in many vital areas of the team, goalkeeper, defence, midfield, no recognized centre striker, which is mainly represented by a master of the duds Firmino!!.
Some of the dream on forum member really went too far in their expectation of this team and their beloved nutcase manager, whom his records at cup finals is vastly low, one win out of seven attempts, three since he has been in charge of LFC!! Great records for heavy metals hyped type of football, but not constructive! However, some of those forum members made jokes about my critical criticism of this nutcase manager, and some of his stars I should say duds for not managing to achieve major trophies, I hope they can now eat their words!.
It is only two or three players of the nutcase’s team can break into top European teams, however, some people think the likes of duds Firmino, Wijaldum, the clown, Mignolet, Klavan, Moreno, Origi, Clyne, and even Lovern are World beaters!, in fact, the useless club owner should get rid all of them along with their nutcase manager.
Some people is already talking the this present LFC team will challenge Man City for the title next season!, it is really absurd.

Nobody thinks they are world beaters you sausage bitter! but in case you woke up from your beauty slip this team has reached the fkcing CL finals!! Not Barca ,Not Bayern and Not City ,Get it thick skull??!!
So yes their is work to be done but losers like yourself will probably complain even if we win it all...Hey but at least you made some money betting on Real right??
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 27, 2018 10:27 am

Gah, just wasn't our night...

Pains me to say it, but the best team won. When Salah went off we looked devoid of ideas and only Mane kept us in it until Karius imploded.

Lots of positives to take from this season. But klopp has to spend on a world class goalie and squad options.

Our bench was threadbare last night. While Real had Bale...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games