CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2018  LIVERPOOL V REAL MADRID

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat May 26, 2018 10:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 26, 2018 10:12 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat May 26, 2018 9:03 pm wrote:What was evident was that our defence is p*ss weak, with no quality, creativity.

It was evident as soon as Salah went off. I knew Firmino and Mane would get no supply from our midfield, they had to come deep and it was a joke.

The defence did quite well, there wasn't much they could do about Bale's goal and the other 2 weren't their fault either.
If anyone failed to turn up was the MF, Henderson passed it backwards all night, even when we were losing and time was running out he kept giving it to our CB's.

Sorry, I meant midfield, not defence mate
I meant,  as I'm pisssed
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sat May 26, 2018 10:45 pm

If we can get this Fekir kid in, another quality center back and a world class keeper, we will be almost impossible to beat next season.

Klopp needs to move on both keepers, Moreno, Ings, Solanke and Lallana.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat May 26, 2018 10:53 pm

I think Klopp is abit of a hoarder. He becomes emotional attached to players and hopes they become good no matter how many times they let him down. Mignolet, Moreno, Karius, Lovren are players he's wanted to see progress and they've gone backwards. I feel he is close to Hendo and Lallana and he'll find it hard to take the captaincy off of Hendo and he'll find it even harder to move Lallana on.

He needs to show balls this summer.. and I respect these players but we need to move to the next level if we want to win trophies.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat May 26, 2018 11:03 pm

We only lost tonight because we have KACK goalkeepers and our midfield is average with no creativity.

If Karius plays another game in an lfc shirt, it is doomsday.

If Klopp can't see that, then he is deluded.. Every fan can see it.

Milner and Hendo are not going to win you the champions league, I'm sorry.

Our midfield and KACK goalkeepers cost us, unfortunately.
:(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby mramo » Sat May 26, 2018 11:06 pm

maguskwt » Sat May 26, 2018 9:42 pm wrote:We were done in by:
1. Injury to Salah
2. 2 feck ups by Karius
3.a wonder goal by Bale

:no

We shouldn't be using Salah's injury as an excuse. Carvahal the right back was injured too. We were beaten solely by the incompetence of karius x 2. This game should have headed to extra time.

Klopp needs to take some responsibility in signing such an average goalkeeper.
mramo

Postby redshade » Sat May 26, 2018 11:09 pm

I don't know about you guys but personally as soon as Salah went off i had a bad gut feeling it is over. It almost felt like we were 1-0 down at that point.

Big summer ahead of us we need quality players.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Sat May 26, 2018 11:11 pm

redshade » Sat May 26, 2018 10:09 pm wrote:I don't know about you guys but personally as soon as Salah went off i had a bad gut feeling it is over. It almost felt like we were 1-0 down at that point.

I hate that c*nt ramos with a passion
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 26, 2018 11:12 pm

Tonight was a complete disaster but as I said in a previous post this group of players have done the club proud this season.
We were the first team to beat City in the league at a time when everyone else was lauding them as the best side ever to grace English football etc.
We finished in the top 4 and got to a CL final despite having a wafer thin squad, tons of injuries and selling our most creative player halfway through the season.
i know it doesn't feel like it right now but it has been a good season, it wasn't that long ago that we were regularly finishing between 5th and 8th.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat May 26, 2018 11:13 pm

mramo » Sat May 26, 2018 10:06 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat May 26, 2018 9:42 pm wrote:We were done in by:
1. Injury to Salah
2. 2 feck ups by Karius
3.a wonder goal by Bale

:no

We shouldn't be using Salah's injury as an excuse. Carvahal the right back was injured too. We were beaten solely by the incompetence of karius x 2. This game should have headed to extra time.

Klopp needs to take some responsibility in signing such an average goalkeeper.

What Mo's mean to the team is nothing compared to the insignificance of Carvhahl...Not to mention Mo's was shattered by Ramos the criminal ,an intentional lock of the arm and then the fall that's just criminal...
And regarding Average goalkeepers...i would dare say that even bad goalkeepers wouldn't have conceded/give away as KArius did today...it had nothing to do with skills it's just a player imploding in the worst fashion eve...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat May 26, 2018 11:13 pm

redshade » Sat May 26, 2018 11:09 pm wrote:I don't know about you guys but personally as soon as Salah went off i had a bad gut feeling it is over. It almost felt like we were 1-0 down at that point.

the players heads dropped as soon as he went off.. It's like we relied on him to much. It was too much weight on his shoulders and one shoulder gave way.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat May 26, 2018 11:17 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat May 26, 2018 11:13 pm wrote:
redshade » Sat May 26, 2018 11:09 pm wrote:I don't know about you guys but personally as soon as Salah went off i had a bad gut feeling it is over. It almost felt like we were 1-0 down at that point.

the players heads dropped as soon as he went off.. It's like we relied on him to much. It was too much weight on his shoulders and one shoulder gave way.

I felt the link up play was gone aswel. Lallana was not fit and couldn't really combine with Mane and Firmino.

The first 25 mins we were playing our quick touch footy. As soon as Salah was off it was like a huge link is missing tbh it was like we were 1 man down for the rest of the match.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 26, 2018 11:23 pm

Feel sorry for those fans who have spent thousands getting there and are now faced with a nightmare journey home. Some of them have got to wait days for a flight, bet they just want to be home now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat May 26, 2018 11:30 pm

Problems are so obvious...
As soon as Salah went off everyone panicked. But you can't rely on just one player anyway.

Firmino and Mane had to come deep to get the ball, but our midfield is so light on quality that I was worried where the supply would come from for attacks etc.

Great finish by Bale, he gambled and it paid off.

Our keeper cost us unfortunately..
Worse than schoolboy errors unfortunately.

Madrid did not necessarily win the final, simply we handed it to them!!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat May 26, 2018 11:44 pm

redshade » Sat May 26, 2018 11:09 pm wrote:I don't know about you guys but personally as soon as Salah went off i had a bad gut feeling it is over.

Why?
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 27, 2018 12:24 am

Ghost of Shankly » Sat May 26, 2018 11:44 pm wrote:
redshade » Sat May 26, 2018 11:09 pm wrote:I don't know about you guys but personally as soon as Salah went off i had a bad gut feeling it is over.

Why?

I just felt we won't play our lethal attacking football without him. I knew Lallana won't be match fit and with no Ox there i saw us struggling. Also a little reminiscent to when we played against Roma and what happened when Salah was subbed. It is odd to explain but it felt like it is over once Salah went off, well for me anyway.

We've got a weak bench and it is something Klopp needs to sort out.
No more Mr nice guy he needs to replace our average players.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games