CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2018  LIVERPOOL V REAL MADRID

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:57 am

All I'm going to say is, everything that could have went wrong, went wrong. If the stars were aligned for us to win in Istanbul, this was the exact opposite.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun May 27, 2018 11:16 am

Tough night !! We know what obviously went wrong so I'm not going to dwell on that.

I have said for years that strength in depth is a real problem and last night we witnessed it in bucket loads. Salah gets injured and we bring on Lallana who was extremely poor. Would have preferred Can. Lallana takes forever to get back to his best after injury and let's face it his best is not that good. Not Klopp's best decision. Our bench compared to Madrid's was embarrassing and the club including Klopp has allowed this to happen for far too long. Whilst strength in depth is a massive problem the difficulties don't stop there. Henderson is a very poor captain  who offers very little and just perhaps the England manager has realised that. I fail to appreciate the accolades that are bestowed upon him. I just hope Klopp makes VVD captain from the start of next season. A midfield of Henderson, Milner and Wynaldum is just not good enough. Hopefully Kieta will help to rectify that problem.

Klopp's got a huge summer ahead of him. He has done some good work in the transfer market but not enough. The real work starts now. Yes Klopp was unlucky last night but his complete lack of a plan B was his downfall.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 27, 2018 11:19 am

devaney » Sun May 27, 2018 10:16 am wrote:Tough night !! We know what obviously went wrong so I'm not going to dwell on that.

I have said for years that strength in depth is a real problem and last night we witnessed it in bucket loads. Salah gets injured and we bring on Lallana who was extremely poor. Would have preferred Can. Lallana takes forever to get back to his best after injury and let's face it his best is not that good. Not Klopp's best decision. Our bench compared to Madrid's was embarrassing and the club including Klopp has allowed this to happen for far too long. Whilst strength in depth is a massive problem the difficulties don't stop there. Henderson is a very poor captain  who offers very little and just perhaps the England manager has realised that. I fail to appreciate the accolades that are bestowed upon him. I just hope Klopp makes VVD captain from the start of next season. A midfield of Henderson, Milner and Wynaldum is just not good enough. Hopefully Kieta will help to rectify that problem.

Klopp's got a huge summer ahead of him. He has done some good work in the transfer market but not enough. The real work starts now. Yes Klopp was unlucky last night but his complete lack of a plan B was his downfall.

On the positive side, our first 11 is pretty stellar. Especially with Keita in there. 

However ,as you say, our squad depth is poor and our players have been running on fumes for the past few games. Lots to do this summer and the names we've been linked with are promising...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun May 27, 2018 11:53 am

We got found out by squad depth and a few individual errors. Real weren't great, despite the narrative some are creating.

We lose Salah, we have Lallana. They sub Isco, they have Bale. We competed with them while we had our front 3 on the pitch.

Last night taught us nothing new, without the front 3 the goals dry up and we struggle the stretch the opposition. Karius always has a mistake in him and we have no game changers on the bench.

I can take losing to them but in that manner hurts.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby laza » Sun May 27, 2018 12:12 pm

Gutted just gutted
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 27, 2018 1:14 pm

Klopptomaniac » Sun May 27, 2018 10:53 am wrote:We got found out by squad depth and a few individual errors. Real weren't great, despite the narrative some are creating.

We lose Salah, we have Lallana. They sub Isco, they have Bale. We competed with them while we had our front 3 on the pitch.

Last night taught us nothing new, without the front 3 the goals dry up and we struggle the stretch the opposition. Karius always has a mistake in him and we have no game changers on the bench.

I can take losing to them but in that manner hurts.

Real were very good, they could have easily put 5 or 6 past us, they probably should have tbh. That one Isco put against the bar was a sitter and Ronaldo should have put that one away when Robbo got back, if that was a Liverpool player dawdling on the ball like that we'd all be going mad. Bale's hat trick hunting cost them at least 1 goal, probably 2, and that fan at the end probably saved a goal as well.
That Real side remind me of us in the early to mid 80's, not very spectacular but extremely efficient.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun May 27, 2018 1:52 pm

I was surprised how we unraveled when Salah went off and we definitely need to be tougher than that.

We have a fantastic team but we got a lesson in dark arts, another side to football. Madrid have outstanding players yet understand that playing football is only a component of the game. You can hurt your opponent without the football.

Understand we want to be the perfect team, great sports and entertaining football but whether it be on a bad day in the PL or in massive cup games we need to be more streetwise, and I would actively look for one or two players that can bring it to us.

Lallana was very disappointing too, big chance for him but he looked overwhelmed and we got completely outplayed in MF.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 27, 2018 2:49 pm

parchpea » Sun May 27, 2018 12:52 pm wrote:I was surprised how we unraveled when Salah went off and we definitely need to be tougher than that.

We have a fantastic team but we got a lesson in dark arts, another side to football. Madrid have outstanding players yet understand that playing football is only a component of the game. You can hurt your opponent without the football.

Understand we want to be the perfect team, great sports and entertaining football but whether it be on a bad day in the PL or in massive cup games we need to be more streetwise, and I would actively look for one or two players that can bring it to us.

Lallana was very disappointing too, big chance for him but he looked overwhelmed and we got completely outplayed in MF.

Some of the reaction to Ramos's challenge on Mo has been nothing short of embarrassing tbh, it looked accidental to me and even if he did deliberately leave something on Mo that's what CB's do, CB's have been trying to rough forwards up since the mid 1800's.
Some of the players we've had - Tommy Smith, Ron Yeats, Graeme Souness, Jimmy Case, Gerry Byrne, Steve McMahon etc etc and yet people are whinging about Ramos  :no
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 27, 2018 2:59 pm

Ramos pulled Mo down BUT on any other day Mo would have hit the deck and then got up and carried on. It was unfortunate that Mo hit the turf in the way he did, I still think Ramos is a c'unt BUT don't think he intended to do serious damage to our guy.

Sh*t happens   :(

BUT we'll be back   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Sun May 27, 2018 3:16 pm

Last edited by Reg on Sun May 27, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 27, 2018 3:18 pm

A defender pulling a forward to the floor, that's never happened before in a football game  :lookaround
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun May 27, 2018 3:23 pm

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 27, 2018 4:25 pm

I cringe like f[vc]k when I see stuff like that, we had a player that bit people, we've had players that have broken opponents jaws with punches, we've had players that ended players careers with one tackle.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 27, 2018 5:00 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 27, 2018 3:25 pm wrote:I cringe like f[vc]k when I see stuff like that, we had a player that bit people, we've had players that have broken opponents jaws with punches, we've had players that ended players careers with one tackle.

Yep. Ramos was going to do whatever he could to stop Salah getting the better of him but people saying he purposely went out there to injure/hurt Salah are going over the top.
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Sun May 27, 2018 5:08 pm

I think Ramos did do it on purpose as he's got previous. Sherrif Hood in Banshee moves.

Not a nice way to play the game but it's effective and like I posted earlier we need some of that aggression in our team.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games