Real Madrid (5) v Liverpool (2)2ng leg 15/03 Ko 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:25 pm

Why take Nunez off ffs..
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:43 pm

Getting mugged off again.. feel sorry for Klopp, he's been let down by his team and more importantly by our owners.

I can't actually believe we're in this mess at the minute.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:47 pm

Lots of huff and puff but quality wise there's nothing. Everything seems to slow and laboured.
Easy nights work for Madrid, never really put them under any real pressure and been bit of a walk in the park for them.

Wasn't expecting much going I to this game but going out with bit of a whimper.
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:47 pm

I'm done defending Trent aswell.. he's been woeful again tonight. He's playing 1 good game out of 5 this season and it's not good enough.

Southgate didn't help knocking his confidence at the WC.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:56 pm

Oh well, damage was done in the the first leg where we had our underwear removed. Now full focus on the league and pushing to make top 4.
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:58 pm

What is Owen talking about when he says he thinks we played well?
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:38 pm

We did literally nothing all game.. Madrid were once again the better team and if not for Alisson it could have ended 4-0 tonight.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:47 pm

At least we didn't get a hammering and beat like 10 - 2 on agg. Ali again stepped up which helped out massively.

Defensively I thought we did well but at times individual errors could have cost us. Trent again in another massive game was absent,  poor defensively and poor distribution.  Konate looked really soft tonight and switched off allowing Benzema space to keep going for the goal. Virg did quite well along with Robbo.

Milner just shouldn't be starting games like that, I know he will give his all and does but the bar has to be a lot higher than that. Fab in spurts was good but  otherwise had an average game. Gakpo looks to have a proper eye for goal like Bergkamp did. Good game but would like to see him go for it a bit more.

Don't know why Klopp took Nunez off. Thought he was doing OK but like Gakpo needs to do more for himself in games to stand out. Jota was anonymous and chasing shadows all night. Looks way short of fitness. Salah is still in Ramos's pocket when it comes to these. Just average or poor everytime and don't know how he wasn't hooked.

Elliot did well when he came on. We would have done better if a few more had that attitude. Bobby had no impact at all and Ox even less. Carvalho should have come on then. Bit smart of klopp bringing him on with literally seconds to go I thought.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:22 am

If it wasn't for Alli is could've been a lot more, we played okay this evening at times. It felt more like a group game rather than fighting for the next phase. Damage was done in the first leg, just couldn't see us scoring today. So we bow out and potentially won't return in the ucl for a while now. I just hope we get 4th and sort out our weaknesses, this season has been dire!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:55 am

redshade » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:22 pm wrote:If it wasn't for Alli is could've been a lot more, we played okay this evening at times. It felt more like a group game rather than fighting for the next phase. Damage was done in the first leg, just couldn't see us scoring today. So we bow out and potentially won't return in the ucl for a while now. I just hope we get 4th and sort out our weaknesses, this season has been dire!

It's mostly one game a week from now on (think we play 2 games a week only twice now until the end of the season) and we are still well in the race for top 4. Plenty of time to prepare for games and players not playing crazy amount of games as the season draws to an end. I'm pretty confident we'll finish in the top 4. Looking around at the clubs we are competing against for top 4, there's no one I'm particularly concerned about and bottom line is, we go on a run, 4th is ours.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:44 am

I hope so mate, next City, Chelsea and Arsenal, if we pick up one point or so and spurs win both their games we could be 11 points behind them. Next 3 games are key and will determine our chances for ucl.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:56 am

Our goose was cooked at Anfield, a professional outfit like Real was never going lose that advantage. They are not the weak defensively Barcelona, that team is a solid defensive unit and that is how they beat us last year in the final. Had we attacked the game we would have lost 3-0 at least, maybe doing damage to our confidence moving forward. At the end of the day we were not good enough to beat Madrid and go all the way and frankly we looked ordinary. I wasn’t expecting a miracle so onwards and upwards.

We now have one mission and that is to get into the top four. I hope the players reflect in this next break and come back angry.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:01 am

With these owners Jurgen is trying to compete with one hand tied behind his back, this group of players have been run into the ground, they haven’t got much more to give.
Keep Ally, Trent, Konate, Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo + a couple of the young lads and try to move on as best we can but without significant investment in the playing squad I’m not sure how that happens.
We have the best pound for pound manager in the world but the likes of Guardiola, Ten Haag etc are no mugs either and give them better squads and tons more money then Jurgen is seriously up against it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:44 pm

He will have one hand tied behind his back next season as well. Its the same every year.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:54 pm

the usual people are still 100%
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games