You're running fifa - What rules would you introduce ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Speedy Gonzalez » Wed May 24, 2006 12:51 am

woof woof ! wrote:Given the feedom to introduce and enforce new rules to footy my first two would be .

1. Limit the number of players a club can register to play in all competitions for any given season .
Hopefully ,this would prevent the likes of Chelsea/Madrid etc from snapping up all the best available talent .A top player would think twice before signing for a club if he's not guaranteed a decent amount of first team action .

I'm sure many in here would like to change things , given the power , what would your priorities be ? .

i detect a hint of jealousy? over the old chelski?

Fifa Changin the rules? ??? what for the sake of LFC?

its not the amount of players signed, is the QUALITY you should be more concerned about and amount spent!

Rafa has signed loads, both youth and beyond.

First team sigings...: Pellegrino, Josemi, Alonso, Garcia, Sissoko, Agger, Crouch, Fowler, Zenden, Agger, Reina, Gonzalez etc

if chelsea do spend over 30m for schevchenko, then the FA should be stepping in there, as its become obvious they have an unfair advantage with the money they have.

i mean, the most lfc have paid for players is two donkeys:
14m Cisse
13m heskey.

chelsea:
24m wright phillips
24m drogba
22m essien
17m Duff
Robben X- million etc

that sort of activity should be raising eyebrows with the FA, as before roman "forrest gump" abramovich came, they werent even title contenders.

Remember the 3 foreigner rule? ???? ???? ???
Last edited by Speedy Gonzalez on Wed May 24, 2006 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Speedy Gonzalez

Postby stmichael » Wed May 24, 2006 2:00 am

Speedy Gonzalez wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Given the feedom to introduce and enforce new rules to footy my first two would be .

1. Limit the number of players a club can register to play in all competitions for any given season .
Hopefully ,this would prevent the likes of Chelsea/Madrid etc from snapping up all the best available talent .A top player would think twice before signing for a club if he's not guaranteed a decent amount of first team action .

I'm sure many in here would like to change things , given the power , what would your priorities be ? .

its not the amount of players signed, is the QUALITY you should be more concerned about and amount spent!

First team sigings...: Pellegrino, Josemi, Alonso, Garcia, Sissoko, Agger, Crouch, Fowler, Zenden, Agger, Reina, Gonzalez etc

if chelsea do spend over 30m for schevchenko, then the FA should be stepping in there, as its become obvious they have an unfair advantage with the money they have.

14m Cisse
13m heskey.

chelsea:
24m wright phillips
24m drogba
22m essien
17m Duff
Robben X- million etc

that sort of activity should be raising eyebrows with the FA, as before roman "forrest gump" abramovich came, they werent even title contenders.

pi$$ off hustler :sleep
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Wed May 24, 2006 2:14 am

stmichael wrote:
Speedy Gonzalez wrote:

14m Cisse
13m heskey.

chelsea:
24m wright phillips
24m drogba
22m essien
17m Duff
Robben X- million etc

pi$$ off hustler :sleep

you can spot him a mile off. How many times has he re-registered now? 10?

Saddo.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed May 24, 2006 2:16 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Aside from a few technical things, like dealing with diving and offsides and so forth, IMO most changes need to be made to prevent football being ruined like Formula One almost was. In that, Ferrari were so wealthy and powerful, it was killing interest in the business since every race became a foregone conclusion.

The same applies to football. Things have to be introduced to curtail or reduce the power of Chelsea, because with the billionaire in charge, they have the potential to ruin the game. Spending limitless amounts of money on players, many of which they don't even need are are bought to weaken other teams.

If action isn't taken, football will become a pointless sport to watch, because you always know who is going to win. Limits on the amount of registered players, the amount that can be spent in one season (or between them) and other financial limits must be imposed.

That's why I love the World Cup, it's one thing which can never be tarnished in this way. I's still Football more or less in it's pure sense.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:40 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:
8- Champions League continues as it is now. Winner of UEFA Cup gets automatic entry into the next seasons Champions League proper.

9- UEFA Cup back to two-legged knockout format. Winner of UEFA Cup gets automatic entry into the next seasons Champions League last qualifying stage.

I just realised I contradicted myself here.  :laugh:

The winner of the UEFA Cup would get automatic entry into the next season's Champions League "last qualifying stage".

I would also recommend having a sniper positioned on the roof of a stand, with a license to kill whenever he sees David Pleat approaching a microphone.

my dad h8s him as well chats sum prime time bollox
kopite_1232002

Postby bornagainred » Sun May 28, 2006 12:10 pm

as we saw in a cup players with cramp.why cant we allow players who have been substituted to come back on.after all they have commited no offence why should the team be penalised  for injuries.we could also have some type of sin bin instead of spoiling a game becouse of silly sending offs.
bornagainred

Postby Kano » Sun May 28, 2006 12:16 pm

Id like to see salary and transfer price caps. That way teams like Chelsea could not dominate the market as the please. Players get paid far too much and it is because of the exploitation of the passion we have for football I dont see any caps of any sort actually being put into place.

I think a spoksman for the players union recently put it best where he said as long as movie stars and music celebs continue to make big sums of money the football players will continue in the same manner as there careers are shorter than most.
Kano

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun May 28, 2006 12:23 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Aside from a few technical things, like dealing with diving and offsides and so forth, IMO most changes need to be made to prevent football being ruined like Formula One almost was. In that, Ferrari were so wealthy and powerful, it was killing interest in the business since every race became a foregone conclusion.

The same applies to football. Things have to be introduced to curtail or reduce the power of Chelsea, because with the billionaire in charge, they have the potential to ruin the game. Spending limitless amounts of money on players, many of which they don't even need are are bought to weaken other teams.

If action isn't taken, football will become a pointless sport to watch, because you always know who is going to win. Limits on the amount of registered players, the amount that can be spent in one season (or between them) and other financial limits must be imposed.

I wouldn't say Chelsea were the problem they are just highlighting the ever growing faults within the game. Real Madrid have been doing what Chelsea have for years, splashing out on players.

Football is just changing whether we like it or not, everything evolves into something else and everything changes, football is no different, whether it's for better or worse remains to be seen. I'd go for the latter myself.

If you wanted to really get rid of the demon in football then look no further than television companies, sponsers etc. They are using football as an advertisement campaign to sell their products, a bit like Kate Moss and Rimmel London.

So to blame something which has been in football for decades on one club who have gone through that transformation, (Madrid went through it in the 1950's) is way off the mark.

One hand you could argue they are signing players as a negative tactic to stop other clubs competing, but on the other hand you could well say they have raised the bar of competition therefore the other clubs have to pull the stops out on the pitch each week, therefore creating more competition.

I kinda see it as a vicious circle, btw if you want to blame anyone for high wages look no further than Jimmy Hill.  :no
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Sun May 28, 2006 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby Kano » Sun May 28, 2006 12:31 pm

0asis wrote:

I wouldn't say Chelsea were the problem they are just highlighting the ever growing faults within the game. Real Madrid have been doing what Chelsea have for years, splashing out on players.

Football is just changing whether we like it or not, everything evolves into something else and everything changes, football is no different, whether it's for better or worse remains to be seen. I'd go for the latter myself.

If you wanted to really get rid of the demon in football then look no further than television companies, sponsers etc. They are using football as an advertisement campaign to sell their products, a bit like Kate Moss and Rimmel London.

So to blame something which has been in football for decades on one club who have gone through that transformation, (Madrid went through it in the 1950's) is way off the mark.

One hand you could argue they are signing players as a negative tactic to stop other clubs competing, but on the other hand you could well say they have raised the bar of competition therefore the other clubs have to pull the stops out on the pitch each week, therefore creating more competition.

I kinda see it as a vicious circle, btw if you want to blame anyone for high wages look no further than Jimmy Hill.  :no

Yes its true Real Madrid are basically a team which has done the same thing for years what Chelsea are doing. They are trying to monopolise the game. But as we have also seen money cannot conquer all.

The fact remains that we have knocked Chelsea out of 2 major semis in 2 years and the fact also remains that Real have not won a single thin since David Beckham moved there.

When I look at Chelsea and Madrid fans I feel sory for them becasue there sucess is false and purchased.

I wonder if those fans know what it feels like to have your team so rooted in football folklore without the millions spent on countless players.

But the thing i feel sorry for Madrid fans the most is that they cant build a good relationship with the players the same way we do. We have been through so many bad times of late and it those what makes the good times so good. But in the case of Madrid and Chelsea, they just carry on cheering becasue they know the boss will splash another 50 mill in the summer.

There is nothing we can do about Madrid but is obvious that the denial of entry into G14 group for Chelsea is a clear indicator that the rest of Europe is :censored: of at Chelsea.

Thats just what I think anyway.   :eyebrow
Kano

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion