Milan out - We're running out of strikers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cisse » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:54 pm

bonesy wrote:i think with cisse out for the rest of the season and now baros out the best option would be to sign a new striker

umm yea with what  ??? liverpool have already spent loads this season. they aint gonna go and spend another 6-7 mil for a half decent forward, but if things get real bad, then they might go and loan someone. i think they should put in Mellor and Kewell if Baros is out.
Cisse

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:13 pm

Pongolle and Mellor should definitely get their chance now. Pushing Kewell and Garcia up there means that we have to find replacements for them in the midfield, which really just adds to our problems.

There's just no point having players at the club if you aren't prepared to take a chance with them in times like this. Look at Igor - we'd given up on him, until he was given the chance to let his football do the talking in his best position on the pitch.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Scottbot » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:20 pm

I think Rafa will go for Pongo with Kewell or Garcia playing behind. Must admit i would like to see Mellor get the nod. Stevie.G does a lot of his best attacking work when he can get the ball into the forwards feet b4 steaming on to take the return pass. Mellor has more physical prescence than Pongo and looks a better bet to hold the ball up an bring our midfielders into play.

Am gutted for Baros coz the lad is on fire at the moment but he is sort of player to get injured coz defenders are always gonna kick him.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gunnar Vals » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:31 pm

I would like to see Mellor on top against M'boro.
Gunnar Vals

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:32 pm

On top of who ???  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:41 pm

It certainly is a ****** up situation, I wonder what kind of formation Rafa will use while Baros is out.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:20 pm

the latest news i've heard is>>>

"Milan returned to (training ground) Melwood this afternoon (Thursday) and underwent a scan," a club spokesman said.

"Unfortunately that has shown a pull in the hamstring of his left leg and he is likely to be out for between three and four weeks.

better than the 6 weeks i heard (and posted here) at first.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion