Fat sam running his mouth....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:38 am

again.....

He insists that Gerrard should had been sent off when he stepped on Nolan, which was clearly an accident

GERRARD STANDS ACCUSED
By Tim Rich
(Filed: 03/01/2006)

Steven Gerrard, the Liverpool captain was last night accused of deliberately stamping on his Bolton counterpart Kevin Nolan during yesterday's 2-2 draw at the Reebok Stadium.

Nolan was left with stud marks on his chest following the 30th-minute challenge, which Bolton manager Sam Allardyce said deserved a red card. Allardyce also felt that Momo Sissoko should have been sent off on the stroke of half-time when he brought down El-Hadji Diouf.

"There are clear and serious events which Liverpool have been guilty of that haven't been dealt with," Allardyce said. "Gerrard stamped on Nolan, and Sissoko stamped on Diouf. They are plain and clear to me.

"Both should have been sent off. It isn't anything other than intentional, from my point of view. That's sad, because the outcome would probably have been three points for us rather than a draw."

However, Gerrard was at pains to protest his innocence. "It was a complete accident," he said. "He fell into me, I couldn't avoid him and that was it. I'm mates with Kevin Nolan. He's a good Scouser, so why would I ever try to deliberately hurt him?

"We spoke at the end of the match and I wished him all the best for the rest of the season and the tackle wasn't even mentioned. I'm very surprised and disappointed that Sam Allardyce is making an issue of it."

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez, whose side had won their previous 10 Premiership games, also took issue with Allardyce, claiming that Diouf had dived persistently. "If we start talking about every situation, I can show you a list of things that happened," Benitez said.

Nolan also said in an interview that it was accident. Why can't the fat bastard keep his mouth shut?
Last edited by A.B. on Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:45 am

Fat Sam has this inferioroty complex everytime he comes up against a  "big" club.

When even his own player (Nolan) defends Gerard and citing no intent or malice intended then it leaves Big Sam looking a right idiot which of course he is anyway :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:49 am

Was more interested to hear Mourinho's reactions to questions about Essien's injury on MOTD tonight.

Yet again he used the question to have a dig at Didi Hamann/Essien icident in the CL tie betweent he clubs.

When asked how was Essien and what damage he had sustained from alate challenge by a West ham player he replied "A lot worse than Hamann "  ???

The man sees obsessed with LFC and it's encouraging to realise that in Liverpool Football Club he obviously sees us an up and coming threat or why hark on about an incident from over a month ago ! ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:26 am

It was not an intentional step by Gerrard. If it was, I think he would try to put more force in it. He actually tried to avoid it but wasn't able to. But the stupid tackle by faye on Crouch was alot worse and should receive a red card as he was not going for the ball at all. It was pretty obvious from the replay. Also, the free kick for the first Bolton goal was not a free kick. I think the ref was very inconsistent especially in the first half.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:43 am

Good for him, what goes around comes around. If you set out to deliberately cripple your opponents, then the karma circle in life will come back to haunt you. Essien has received his just payback because of the way he goes about in his football life.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:44 am

A.B. wrote:Why can't the fat bastard keep his mouth shut?

Because he's spent too many years with it open wide, waiting for another cream cake, or pie.

He is a f*cking hypocrite, and Bolton were lucky not to get hammered today. Everyone seems content to blame Reina for the first goal, but the challenge on him from behind should have resulted in a free kick. Does the fat f*cker not realise that it's HIS bag of sh*t team that was lucky?

Sissoko could quite easily have been sent off, and needs to calm down before he leaves us in the sh*t. He could have had no complaints if he'd have been red carded. (Still like the fact it was Diouf that he stamped on though!!!!!)

Faye should have been sent off aswell, so it's academic.

Even a beleaguered blind bat having it's b*llocks bounced by a Balinese Banana bagger could see that Gerrard's stamp was totally unintentional. Even Nolan himself admitted it was accidental.

Fatty Allardyce - you are a tw*t. Get back to your farm and eat a couple of pigs, you blubber-bellied b*stard.  :angry:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:13 am

There was no mention at all in any of the web media of the challenge from behind Reina which had physical contact and did just enough to disrupt him at the moment the ball just arrived into his hands.

This should have been a foul on the 'keeper as refs gave protection to 'keepers for far less physical contact. So typical of the media.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:34 am

And to think that Sam's being touted as the next England manager,Turnip Taylor Mark 2..... ???
Gracias King Rafa

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:50 am

The reason why he is making it an issue is to divert attention from his side that play rough and tumble football. He should be happy with the point, because it was more than he deserved.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:03 am

Reaching 90th minute last night, those of boltons cried for the game to be over. They were lucky to escape with a draw. Hey, we're lucky to escape with a point too. Nobody was making fuss about the foot stamping incidents except the big ol' sam.
WARNING~ MIXTURE OF POTENT PIGS AND ALCOHOL CAN LEAD TO BAS.TARDISM!

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:52 am

i like big sam :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Soul » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:58 am

Dalglish wrote:Fat Sam has this inferioroty complex everytime he comes up against a  "big" club.

True, that. Scientific research and independently fabricated surveys conclude that Fat Sam is probably the largest man in the world to suffer from Small Man Syndrome.

Fat Sam is a tool. Nolan said there was no intent, Gerrard says there was no intent... yet Fat Sam insists that Stevie go before a French Foreign Legion firing squad. The man is in severe need of an Atomic Wedgie. And that's gonna hurt when your Y-fronts are made by Omar the Tentmaker.
Red Soul

Postby Effes » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:59 am

I quite like the fact that we went to their place and matched them physically. It's something you need to be able to do in the English league. Look what happened to Ars.nal there, they got bullied into defeat.
Yet another improvement from last season.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:24 am

I thought that Bolton were playing even more of a bullying game with a lot of gamsmenship put into the mix compared to when we lost there last season. If we'd taken last season's team and conditioning into last night's game, we would lose by mire than a 1 goal margin.

This team has improved on the weaknesses and frailities of last season and a point coming back from the Reebok Stadium is a good result.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:36 am

Effes wrote:I quite like the fact that we went to their place and matched them physically. It's something you need to be able to do in the English league. Look what happened to Ars.nal there, they got bullied into defeat.
Yet another improvement from last season.

Good point- i think a lot of people have been getting over excited with our current performances. A good season for us will be to grab second position (unless Chelski have a some kind of disaster). Next year will be OUR season!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion