LFC and City are running magnificently, but on fumes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:15 pm

Great article here and it's why we have to be careful against Villareal etc...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... SApp_Other
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:46 pm

Gotta admit I'm getting a bit ***** off with all the media hoopla about LFC and a quadruple. It's the kind of media hype we don't need.

The team are working their socks off game by game and although recent results have gone (deservedly) in our favour I don't think we've been performing at our very best.

The 1st half against City in the F.A. semi showed again what we are capable of BUT I'm sometimes left thinking a physical and mental tiredness is creeping in .

Jurgens doing his best with rotation to keep the squad physically fit, can only hope it also transmits to our lads mental condition.

Reg mentions "Running on Fumes" 

Just as one perhaps obvious example , on recent form , does Salah need a rest ?  and can we afford to rest him or just continue to play him ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:45 pm

It was the same with the unbeatable thing that happened a couple of years ago. The media put so much pressure on then as they are now. Chasing something great and slipping at the end makes for better reading than achieving something great, especially when it’s not one of the moneybags clubs.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:02 pm

Reg » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:15 pm wrote:Great article here and it's why we have to be careful against Villareal etc...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... SApp_Other

I’d also imagine that Villareal who probably have a smaller and less expensive  squad are also having the same issues.
Last edited by kazza on Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:41 pm

I think we've done a much better job at rotating the first 11 this year. Helped in no small part due to our larger and higher quality squad.

But there are some players we can't drop and they are the worry. Namely VVD, TAA, Robbo, Fabinho and Mo.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:04 am

7_Kewell » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:41 pm wrote:I think we've done a much better job at rotating the first 11 this year. Helped in no small part due to our larger and higher quality squad.

But there are some players we can't drop and they are the worry. Namely VVD, TAA, Robbo, Fabinho and Mo.

Happily those are or most durable players.

I was looking at City’s run in and they play three of the top five fouling teams which are Leeds Watford and Brighton, so they may suffer more injuries or at least slow them down a bit.

Come on Brighton  :buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion