Fat sam running his mouth....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:58 am

A.B. wrote:again.....

He insists that Gerrard should had been sent off when he stepped on Nolan, which was clearly an accident

GERRARD STANDS ACCUSED
By Tim Rich
(Filed: 03/01/2006)

Steven Gerrard, the Liverpool captain was last night accused of deliberately stamping on his Bolton counterpart Kevin Nolan during yesterday's 2-2 draw at the Reebok Stadium.

Nolan was left with stud marks on his chest following the 30th-minute challenge, which Bolton manager Sam Allardyce said deserved a red card. Allardyce also felt that Momo Sissoko should have been sent off on the stroke of half-time when he brought down El-Hadji Diouf.

"There are clear and serious events which Liverpool have been guilty of that haven't been dealt with," Allardyce said. "Gerrard stamped on Nolan, and Sissoko stamped on Diouf. They are plain and clear to me.

"Both should have been sent off. It isn't anything other than intentional, from my point of view. That's sad, because the outcome would probably have been three points for us rather than a draw."

However, Gerrard was at pains to protest his innocence. "It was a complete accident," he said. "He fell into me, I couldn't avoid him and that was it. I'm mates with Kevin Nolan. He's a good Scouser, so why would I ever try to deliberately hurt him?

"We spoke at the end of the match and I wished him all the best for the rest of the season and the tackle wasn't even mentioned. I'm very surprised and disappointed that Sam Allardyce is making an issue of it."

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez, whose side had won their previous 10 Premiership games, also took issue with Allardyce, claiming that Diouf had dived persistently. "If we start talking about every situation, I can show you a list of things that happened," Benitez said.

Nolan also said in an interview that it was accident. Why can't the fat bastard keep his mouth shut?

I heard it all n 5live, they interveiwed Benitez first and he said about certain players diving or being physical, he then questioned the refereeing etc....
then they got to Fat Sam, they told him a brief outline of what Rafa said to  basically wind Sam up into a war of words and he jus changed everything round.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:54 am

I wouldnt be suprised to see Sissoko hit with another suspension.

Although id be giving him an OBE for stamping on that cu*t.

Diouf and Stelios diving was a joke at times yet a referee who i expected better from bought every single dive from them, although i felt Nolans should have had a penalty.

Good player that lad and getting better all the time, im well impressed with Nolan and Barton this season, Barton still has an angry streak but he is one of the most improved players in the prem, never failed to impress me Barton so far.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:37 pm

Talks out of his fat :censored:.

He didnt mention Diouf diving all over the place tho did he. Sissokos "stomp" on Diouf was a little naughty but still funny cos he wouldnt of been on the floor if he hadn't of dived lol
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:45 pm

i agree Dudek no.1 fan.. why didnt he mention Diouf diving everywhere!!! sissoko wouldnt have stamped him if he didnt stay on the floor!!!!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby seani.g » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:51 pm

The thing about the Sissoko challenge is that the ball is there and Diouf is practically lying on top of it! What is the poor lad meant to do? Dudek's No 1 fan is right Diouf shouldn't have been on the floor in the first place.
As for the Gerard stamp ............ I think that the truth lies somewhere between Fat sam and the party line being towed by Nolan and Gerard.
Gerard didn't seem to try too hard to not make contact but could have done more to try not to hurt him. Having said that its not particularly nasty one way or the other. Mountains from mole hills??? :p ???
seani.g

Postby gary106 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:23 pm

whos arsed?
gary106

Postby drummerphil » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:35 pm

to be honest i have a lot of time for big sam and his comments yesterday were natural from a manager defending his team.Momo will be very lucky to escape any punishment because it looked intentional.Stevies however looked as though he was jumping out the way and he had no where to go but land on the guy.Big Sam is the kind of manager who will move on to his next game and Liverpool will not be mentioned again unlike a certain twát in London who is obsessed with us and will continue to drag our name down whenever he can.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:40 pm

What was Mourihnio's problem last night, going on about Essien being hurt more than Hamman???

Also what '2 pieces of aggression' is he talking about when he refferred to Stevie G against Newcastle???
Jari's mullet

Postby Jari's mullet » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:41 pm

As someone pointed out, the man is obsessed with LFC
Jari's mullet

Postby Red squirrel » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:49 pm

Diouf's a tw*t and i find it hard for any manager to defend that cheating c*nt, the whole team should of stamped on that dirty spitting bast*rd!!!

As for the tackle against Essien....What goes around comes around!!!!
I was dancin around like a lottery winner when i seen that!!!!
Not smilin now is he!!! :D :D :D
Red squirrel

Postby Red squirrel » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:51 pm

Jari's mullet wrote:As someone pointed out, the man is obsessed with LFC

Just shows that we are getting to him and that he's not as special as he thinks the big headed fool.
Red squirrel

Postby Jari's mullet » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:56 pm

Maybe Diouf should get a 3 match suspension for diving under momo's foot:D
Jari's mullet

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:46 pm

From BBC

Sissoko/Gerrard escape FA action

The Football Association says it will take no action against Liverpool's Mohamed Sissoko or Steven Gerrard over incidents during the game with Bolton.

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce was unhappy over a Sissoko challenge on El Hadji Diouf in the 2-2 draw on Monday.

Allardcye also suggested Gerrard deliberately stamped on Kevin Nolan.

But referee Mark Clattenburg's match report confirmed he had seen both incidents and under Fifa rules the FA is not allowed to act retrospectively.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:39 pm

Dalglish wrote:Was more interested to hear Mourinho's reactions to questions about Essien's injury on MOTD tonight.

Yet again he used the question to have a dig at Didi Hamann/Essien icident in the CL tie betweent he clubs.

When asked how was Essien and what damage he had sustained from alate challenge by a West ham player he replied "A lot worse than Hamann "  ???

The man sees obsessed with LFC and it's encouraging to realise that in Liverpool Football Club he obviously sees us an up and coming threat or why hark on about an incident from over a month ago ! ???

Yeh I heard that too, well Essien and Maureen have got there come-up-pence  :rasp how he can defend Essien's tackle is beyond me.. hope Barca dump these nobody's out
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:49 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
A.B. wrote:Why can't the fat bastard keep his mouth shut?

Because he's spent too many years with it open wide, waiting for another cream cake, or pie.

You have to love Lando.  :D  :D  :D  :D

Incidentally, did see Sam's ingame reaction to the Gerrard/Nolan incident?

I'm no lip reader but it didn't take much to decipher what Sam was shouting at Gerrard!  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion