You're running fifa - What rules would you introduce ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ALONSO » Sun May 21, 2006 1:24 am

I like the idea of live games in cinemas. I do think its about time the amount of shirt pulling in the box and all over the pitch was penalised every time the ref sees it.
ALONSO

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun May 21, 2006 1:28 am

ALONSO wrote:I like the idea of live games in cinemas.

Yeah - it seems like a missed trick, particularly with things like the FA Cup Final, Champion's League final and England's World Cup games. They'd have been utterly packed out for such things.

I'm guessing the problem is that very few cinemas are licensed to serve alcohol, and even if they did, not too many particularly want rowdy football fans in, potentially slashing seats and throwing up in the aisles.

They'd make a f*cking fortune though.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Reg » Sun May 21, 2006 1:44 am

0asis wrote:I would:

A) Put a £25,000 a week wage cap on all footballer players in all professional leagues around the world.

B) Hooliganism costs clubs £5million everytime it occurs, Hooligans are given a £3000 fine and a 4 year prision sentence.

C) Cheating, diving or tapping up rivals players earns a 6 point deduction.

D) Unsporting comments from Managers, coaching staff or Board, the club is fined £7million pounds.

E) Racism costs the club from entering any of their domestic cups for six years. And are not allowed to have fans at their ground for three whole seasons.

D) Match fixing - Match fixers are given a £15 year prision sentence and their clubs are banned from Europe for a decade and they are banned from buying players for 3 seasons.

That should sort this corrupt game out.

Agree your ideas and would add:

1. Immediate introduction of second ref in the gantry watching a tv for replays - it works in other sports, its way over due in footy.

2. Have a proper management committee at FA level willing to take proper stern action against clubs breaking rules.

3. Have foreigners involved in the runnning of domestic championships reporting direct to UEFA. Iy aint footy any more, its business.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun May 21, 2006 2:58 am

Allow a maximum number of defenders/players inside your own penalty box so to discourage teams from sitting back and employing a boring approach. Perhaps 8 will do?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sun May 21, 2006 4:20 am

andy_g wrote:oasis, as laudible as your motives are i think that the rules you are talking about introducing would actually put an end to all professional football for good.

i would introduce video technology for goal line decisions (at the risk of a knee-capping from stu), wage capping, and stricter rules against all forms of cheating for a start but that's just off the top of my head.

It would probably lead to a competing governing body and series.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun May 21, 2006 4:59 am

Not really sure how practical these would be, but I'll say them anyway.

1- Cap salaries for all leagues around the world

2- Impose a maximum on how many senior team players can be registered for a club, specifically a limit on how many senior team players of the same position can be registered.

3- Impose a maximum of how many senior team players can be signed each year or a maximum of how much can be spent on said players.

4- Black and white offside rule. Scrap the "non-active/active" nonsense.

5- Straight red for diving and a three match ban.

6- Racism and hooliganism results in lifetime ban for the fan in question, and a three point penalty for the first incident, a six point penalty for the second, a nine-point penalty for the third, and relegation for the fourth. Pitch invasions also result in lifetime bans for all fans involved.

7- All leagues must have no more than twenty teams in them.

8- Champions League continues as it is now. Winner of UEFA Cup gets automatic entry into the next seasons Champions League proper.

9- UEFA Cup back to two-legged knockout format. Winner of UEFA Cup gets automatic entry into the next seasons Champions League last qualifying stage.

10- World Club Championship and Inter-Toto Cup scrapped.

11- "UEFA Super Cup" replaced with the "UEFA Cup Winners Cup". A match between the Champions League and UEFA Cup winner, using the old CWC trophy. This should be promoted as a showpiece event with all proceeds going to worthy causes.

12- Subs cannot be made in the last ten minutes of the match.

13- Quotas imposed on number of foreign players registered at a club with special exceptions for genuine injuries.
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Sun May 21, 2006 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun May 21, 2006 5:36 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:12- Subs cannot be made in the last ten minutes of the match.

Can't agree with this at all. I see your point, but 10 mins is far too long a time to have no subsitutions.

I'll give you a few scenarios:

1) it's 0-0, Chelsea score in the 83rd minute, making it 1-0 and Liverpool need a point to win the league. Liverpool want to bring another striker on as they are playing a 4-5-1, but can't because there is only 7 mins left.

2) A player decides to tw@t the oppositions' best player, knowing full well he can't be subsituted cos there is less than 10 minutes left.  The player only gets a yellow card, and the opposition are left with 10 men on the pitch.

This rule IMO would be totally unfair. A better option would be either the ref stops time until the substitution is complete, or add to stoppage time the amount of time taken to sub the player.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Sun May 21, 2006 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun May 21, 2006 6:47 am

A better option would be either the ref stops time until the substitution is complete, or add to stoppage time the amount of time taken to sub the player.

Agreed.

That's a much better idea.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sun May 21, 2006 8:05 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:
A better option would be either the ref stops time until the substitution is complete, or add to stoppage time the amount of time taken to sub the player.

Agreed.

That's a much better idea.

I think in general for the whole match that the stoppage time is much more accurate. Rather than 30 seconds added on for a card, when the players hassling the ref hold play up much longer.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PCG77 » Sun May 21, 2006 10:01 am

As much as I would like to see a Salary Cap... Either entire squad or on a player by player basis. In would be virtually impossible to introduce. Its a world game and FIFA cannot dictate to each country due to their own sovernighty. Even if it did, certain countries would obviously cheat their way around the system therefore all the best players in the world would head to corrupt countries ie ITALY....

Maybe a salary cap on the overall clubs overall payments but again corrupt clubs and leagues want work their way around it.

Personally, I would like to see an introduction on the number of foreign players in each team. However, I do not like the idea of players playing for their non-birth countries. The only exceptions should be is when a individual has spent more than 75% of their life in the country of their choice. Players like Christian Vieri would be playing for Australia. Deco would not be playing international football, Kalou would be playing for Ivory Coast with his brother and not doing his best to play for the Dutch. 3 current Croatian internationals would be playing for Australia. Actually, not they wouldnt because they would get a game. Actually 1 probably would.
PCG77

Postby PCG77 » Sun May 21, 2006 10:05 am

Maybe I should of read that post before submitting.. I slightly got ahead of myself. From club football then changed half way through to the international game...:angry:
PCG77

Postby SoppMeister » Sun May 21, 2006 10:16 am

Don't know if anyone else has put this but I'd enforce a rule to stop players from taking the ball to the corner flag to waste time. I see that as unsporting and it's not exactly good to watch either. It's not just other teams either, Liverpool do it from time to time and I hate it. There should be some sort of rule stating that if a player carries out this act, a free kick is given to the other side and the player guilty gets a booking.
SoppMeister

Postby PCG77 » Sun May 21, 2006 10:18 am

Or if you take it into the corner. You legally open yourself up to be 2 footed slide tackled at knee height.
PCG77

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun May 21, 2006 10:34 am

0asis wrote:I would:

A) Put a £25,000 a week wage cap on all footballer players in all professional leagues around the world.

B) Hooliganism costs clubs £5million everytime it occurs, Hooligans are given a £3000 fine and a 4 year prision sentence.

C) Cheating, diving or tapping up rivals players earns a 6 point deduction.

D) Unsporting comments from Managers, coaching staff or Board, the club is fined £7million pounds.

E) Racism costs the club from entering any of their domestic cups for six years. And are not allowed to have fans at their ground for three whole seasons.

D) Match fixing - Match fixers are given a £15 year prision sentence and their clubs are banned from Europe for a decade and they are banned from buying players for 3 seasons.

That should sort this corrupt game out.

just to add to your proposals, how about the death penalty for any player who gets more than 2 red cards a season.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun May 21, 2006 10:42 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:Match fixers are given a £15 year prision sentence

A 15 pound year prison sentence, how do you work that one out ?

BTW Lol at Fowler_E7    :laugh:   :laugh:   :D
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion