YOSSI BENAYOUN TO JOIN CHELSEA - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Elchris » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:29 am

He's the creativity and intelligence that we lacked , on matchwinner side i think we have torres and gerrard for that hopefully soon we can add pennant and babel on that side . Clearly a type of player that Liverpool lacked before .A very good player to have in the squad :)
Elchris

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:50 am

Most creative player in our squad and the most creative dribbler of the ball, should be ahead of Pennant in the pecking order, has looked like our most dangerous attacking midfielder this year, should be playing more.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:11 pm

i said we needed a creative player. seemed to do the trick yesterday. we got ourselves a new lil garcia i think. wont get too carried away but he certainly made the difference  :cool:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mysterio86 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:18 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Most creative player in our squad and the most creative dribbler of the ball, should be ahead of Pennant in the pecking order, has looked like our most dangerous attacking midfielder this year, should be playing more.

so true ! I definitely want to see him ahead of Pennant for sake !! Pennant aint imaginative, & never breaks in, in the centre to go for a goal !! Finnan is the one who puts in better quality crosses from right side, Pennant is good for fighting with refs.
mysterio86

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:16 pm

Still haven't see the goal from yesterday but two in two games from the Israeli is promising.  I hope this means he is now settling into the swing of things here and finding his place in the team.  It's still very early days for me, though, and I'll want to see a lot more of him before I, say, adovocate pencilling him in as our first choice RM or creative second striker.  Like all creative players, he needed time to find his rhythm and time will tell if we are now seeing the real Yossi or more of a blip.  What I'd hate to see, at this stage, is the hype get to the point where people are calling for Rafa's head for not starting Benayoun too! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby yossi benayoun » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:21 pm

yossi benayoun

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:26 pm

yossi benayoun wrote:Benayoun's goal -

http://www.ynet.co.il/home/0,7340,L-4906,00.html

Whoopee doooooo.........

yossi benayoun takes time off from his busy training schedule to come down here......  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby essexpoolfan » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:32 pm

Already scored more goals then Pennant:D
Looking forward to seeing more of him midweek with Jermaine out injured
essexpoolfan

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:35 pm

essexpoolfan wrote:Already scored more goals then Pennant:D

Pennant's deffo suspended midweek but is he injured as well? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby essexpoolfan » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:07 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
essexpoolfan wrote:Already scored more goals then Pennant:D

Pennant's deffo suspended midweek but is he injured as well? ???

oops meant suspended :grinning:
essexpoolfan

Postby Red Dotty » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:47 pm

Think he should play alot more and maybe he is sniffing a chance at the moment, he has the skill and work rate for me to knock pennant out of the main 11. If we are playing Torres and Kuyt then maybe we do not have to worry about the ball being whipped in and more through ball to feet. which Benny can definately do

Go on Raffa give him a run in the team  :eyebrow
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:54 pm

lets not all competely dismiss pennant tho, he has played some good games for us in the past and will do again
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Dotty » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:56 pm

dawson99 wrote:lets not all competely dismiss pennant tho, he has played some good games for us in the past and will do again

True Pennant has played some great games and will continue but It must be good if he feels a bit of pressure coming towards him for his position.
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:38 pm

Jeez it's a good job some people on the forum don't pick the team, we'd have more rotations than when Rafa picks it :D Fair play to Yossi for winning us the game and as I said on another thread there won't be many more important goals than that this season, but Jermaine Pennant was flavour of the month two weeks ago with some who would now give him the elbow.

In fairness though, Pennant is always going to have his position in the team questioned whenever we have a wide midfileder who occasionally scores a goal. Somebody mentioned a past Man Utd team earlier, around the Beckham and Giggs era, of course they have Ronaldo now and in modern football it's not enough IMHO for a wide midfielder to score once in a blue moon. I don't necessarily think they should top the charts (although of course Gerrard did while playing in his "unfavoured" position  :cool: ) but I think three or four league goals is not too much to ask. To finish with less goals in a season than Julian Lescott or Vidic wouldn't be something to brag about in my view.

FWIW if he can play there, wide left seems to me to be a spot which Benayoun could take. Riise is very inconsistent right now, Babel doesn't look like a left winger to me and Kewell is perpetually injured. If he can play left midfield and provide some defensive cover as well as chipping inwith the odd bit of creativity, then he might just be a player for us.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:36 pm

He's certainly grabbed his opportunity this past week. I was pretty chuffed when we signed him, i wasn't thinking world-beater or 1st eleven every week rather that he would give us that bit of guille and creativity we miss now that little Luis has gone. He's a good player, technically excellent (in the top 3/4 at the club i'd say), he's a clever player with vision, can pass the ball, not the quickest but quick enough and i particularly like the fact he is an unpredictable player in and around the penalty area. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins a few penalties over the course of the season with his trickery in the box. He doesn't carry the long distance goal threat and anticipation in the box that we often saw from Garcia but he's a very tidy player who won't lose possession and divide fans opinion the way Luis did.

As for him supplanting JP, i expect they will both get there fair share of games and (as previously mentioned) Yossi will get his share playing on the left or perhaps through the middle just off a main striker. Also worth pointing out that it was Pennant's cut in inside and nicely fizzed pass that preceded Yossi's excellent goal yesterday.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion