Xabi alonso interview on lfctv now - The mans class

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Who has called Rafa the victim and Alonso the baddie ?

I'm just stating the fact that he would of left regardless of what happened the summer before

Madrid bid 30 million for him and the owners were never going to turn it down

And

Madrid offered to double his wages and to take him back to his home country

Even if Rafa had said Xabi was the greatest ever and didn't go after Barry , Xabi would of still left as soon as Madrid offered that sort of transfer .
Benny The Noon

Postby dundreamin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:00 pm

sorry i started this thread now. Was on a positive note now it's disintegrating into a argument fest. As usually is the case. Carnt we just be positive?
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:02 pm

Another thing you also need to ask yourself

When the asking price was only 14 million - Why didn't Madrid make a bid - simple answer = they didn't think he was worth it due to his two seasons of indifferent form so maybe Rafa was right and Xabi could of been one of the players to be sold to make improvements to the team .

He then went on and had an outstanding season - so was he suddenly back on form ?! Reasons why ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:03 pm

dundreamin wrote:sorry i started this thread now. Was on a positive note now it's disintegrating into a argument fest. As usually is the case. Carnt we just be positive?

I'm positive he won't ever be back - he was a good player for us 3 seasons out of 5 and we now need to look forward .
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Ahhh It seems like old times again.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:50 pm

The Good Yank wrote:Ahhh It seems like old times again.

:nod

:D
Thommo's perm

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:08 pm

dundreamin wrote:sorry i started this thread now. Was on a positive note now it's disintegrating into a argument fest. As usually is the case. Carnt we just be positive?

I blame the tw@t who mentioned rafa.......

:D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:11 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Lest we forget....he sulked and acted the botox to get his transfer thru.....take off the rose-tinted glasses folks....

did he? he had one of the best seasons with Liverpool, probably the best season. He didn't sulk, he kept it professional, unlike his mate the spanish rent boy who plays for Chelsea
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Ditto as above
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:54 pm

I always thought of Xabi as a model professional, and he still is. He was mistreated by whoever at the club (who also tried to sell him to Juve as well a season or two before) so really to sulk is perfectly fair!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:48 am

Xabi Alonso was/is the best passer of a football in todays game. Regardless of who was at fault for him leaving, the fact that we let him go is possibly the biggest c*ck up ever made by any club. I remember at the time when Alonso could leave so we can bring in Barry, I thought it ludicrous. The arguments were "but Barry can play at left back and various other positions", yeah and hes average in every position. Alonso is world class. Yes he had a poor season, but he wasnt the only one.

He could have finished his career a Liverpool legend, he has ended up as the one who got away.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:49 am

Finally was able to watch the entire interview.  "Kin outstanding man Xabi is.  Truly sad that he ended up being pushed out.  Stevie may be the heartbeat, but Xabi was the glue that held our side together.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:30 am

Kharhaz wrote:Xabi Alonso was/is the best passer of a football in todays game. Regardless of who was at fault for him leaving, the fact that we let him go is possibly the biggest c*ck up ever made by any club. I remember at the time when Alonso could leave so we can bring in Barry, I thought it ludicrous. The arguments were "but Barry can play at left back and various other positions", yeah and hes average in every position. Alonso is world class. Yes he had a poor season, but he wasnt the only one.

He could have finished his career a Liverpool legend, he has ended up as the one who got away.

:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:21 am

If the club was being run as its being run now, the whole thing would not have happened.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion