Would you accept benitez back as manager - Would you accept benitez back as manager

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Would you accept benitez back as manager - Would you accept benitez back as manager

Yes
31%
No
50%
Undecided
2%
You have to mad
8%
This poll is a waste of time lets keep arguing about Hodgson
9%

Total votes : 154

Postby metalhead » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:54 am

Kukilon wrote:Penguin no need to tell them the truth they are clueless.

Not clueless, we see facts that others don't
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:03 pm

metalhead wrote:
Penguins wrote:But that is simply not the entire truth and you know it.

So Rafa bought Keane, Aqualiani, Dossena.
Well, he also bought Torres, Alonso, Reina, Garcia, Agger.

Just like Ferguson bought Veron, Djemba Djemba, Forlan
The difference is what did manure do when they realized Veron had been a 30 million flop???

They gave another 55 to spend on Ferdinand and Rooney.

There will never be a picture perfect manager that never buys flops.

GH bought even more flops than Rafa ffs.

Ok, the last two seasons who did we buy from the ''sales'' that turned out to be excellent player for us?

No one,

Aquilani - 20m
Keane - 20m
Dossenna - 7m

that is 47m on flops

Why did we suddenly go from 2nd place to 7th in one season?

Aquilani and Keane never cost 20 million each. That is only what some on here that had an axe to grind against the previous manager kept saying to discredit him, but it was never true. Stick to the facts!

Keane was bought by Parry if you remember that is why Rafa got rid of him so quickly and Parry then got booted (the loss was 1-2 million) and Aquilani suffered from a bad injury, and now fully fit is back in the Italy team and playing well for Juve. Had he not gone out on loan he may well be playing well for us too.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:41 pm

metalhead wrote:
Penguins wrote:But that is simply not the entire truth and you know it.

So Rafa bought Keane, Aqualiani, Dossena.
Well, he also bought Torres, Alonso, Reina, Garcia, Agger.

Just like Ferguson bought Veron, Djemba Djemba, Forlan
The difference is what did manure do when they realized Veron had been a 30 million flop???

They gave another 55 to spend on Ferdinand and Rooney.

There will never be a picture perfect manager that never buys flops.

GH bought even more flops than Rafa ffs.

Ok, the last two seasons who did we buy from the ''sales'' that turned out to be excellent player for us?

No one,

Aquilani - 20m
Keane - 20m
Dossenna - 7m

that is 47m on flops

Why did we suddenly go from 2nd place to 7th in one season?

Flops... Agreed, but 2 of those players were bought the summer before[/] we finished 2nd. If your trying to make a point, the idea is to generally provide evidence to [I]support your opinion. We went on to discard 2 players for a combined ~£45M and spent £17M on the England right back and £5M on a world class midfielder who was never going to hit the ground running in his first season recovering from injury - if anything, it was obvious was going to be ready after this summer's pre-season, which is why nobody except roy knows why we gave him and £4M to juventus in exchange for a player who couldn't get into their team.

People are keen to highlight rafa's mistakes with the benefit of hindsight. There were many on here and in the media who though we would really push for the title again last season. But no, circumstances conspired against us and all of a sudden, that squad is regarded as useless and needs Roy hodgson to use his 35 years of experience to "shape" before we can be as proud as we were 18 months ago (only 18 months ago, remember that - not 20 years ago. We were four points off number 19).
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby metalhead » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:56 pm

Why would you pay 20m for a player who has a history in injuries and played only 15 or so games for Roma in the previous season? Why gamble on such players, when in the market that we could have went for fit quality midfielders? Defour, Hamsek, Meireles (if we got him sooner), Miguel Veloso, Joao Moutinho, Gohkan Inler etc... young midfielders who are quality players that with 20m we had bought one of them, but instead we went for an injured player, who ironically failed his medical test the first time he went on loan to Juventus. 

5m? initially, but then again the whole payment is 20m, isn't it not? we still have to pay that amount according to the agreement we signed with Roma because technically Aquilani is still our player and is on loan.

Kazza, Keane wasn't a Parry signing, its a poor excuse from your part. The manager decided to buy him, and so he forked out 20m on a player he sold after 6 months into the season, never really giving him a chance too!

I'm talking the past 2 seasons, in the past 2 seasons we haven't bought well and that in effect did not improve our team and we ended up declining after and ending up in 7th place.

He made huge mistakes and he was paid for it.
Last edited by metalhead on Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:52 pm

what a pointless thread.
With money Rafa got from getting sacked twice in 6months, if i were him i would retire from football.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:58 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:If rafa won the champions league with houlliers team , then why didn't houllier win it then ?

Durrr
Because he was sacked...
:Oo:

Very good , durrr.  If it was so easy to win the champions league with the sh!te houllier left why didn't houllier win it when he was manager .

Houllier didnt win it in 2005 with the sh'ite he left behind because he wasnt there
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:51 pm

Firstly I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas ...secondly I must apologise for butchering an absolute classic sketch ......

He's bled us white, the :censored:. he's  taken everything we had, not just from us, from our fathers and from our fathers' fathers.
Forum :
And from our fathers' fathers' fathers.
The sheep :
Yes.
The Sheep :
And from our fathers' fathers' fathers' fathers.
Forum :
All right, Lads. Don't labour the point. And what has he ever given us in return?
A actual Fan :
Pride
Forum:
Oh yeah, yeah he gave us that. Yeah. That's true.
A concerned fan :
And No. 5
The Sheep :
Oh yes... No5, Lads you remember what the Club used to be like.
Forum:
All right, I'll grant you that our pride back   and  no.5  are two things that Benitez has done...
Another fan :
And the belief
Forum
(sharply) Well yes obviously the belief... the belief goes  without saying. But apart from our pride ,No.5,and the belief what has he given?   
Concerned fan :
World Class players
Other concerned  Voices:
Dignity ,respect ,and we were feared
Forum (still Oblivious )
Yes... all right, fair enough...
Yet another fan :
We broke records
The penny finally  drops brigade :
Oh yes! True!
Some more of the penny drops brigade :
Yeah. That's something we'd really missed when he left 
The fans :
The FA cup
The fans :
And we played like champions
A fan:
Yes, he certainly knew how to keep order... (general nodding)... let's face it, he was loved by the people

(more general murmurs of agreement)
The forum
All right... all right... but apart from Our pride   and No.5 and the world class players ,belief  and Dignity , and respect , and we were feared oh and the fact we played in the style of Champions ,and the FA cup ...and he was adored by the fans ......WHAT DID BENITEZ EVER DO FOR US ? .......................... HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:05 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Firstly I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas ...secondly I must apologise for butchering an absolute classic sketch ......

He's bled us white, the :censored:. he's  taken everything we had, not just from us, from our fathers and from our fathers' fathers.
Forum :
The sheep :
Yes.
The Sheep :
Forum :
All right, Lads. Don't labour the point. And what has he ever given us in return?
A actual Fan :
Pride
Forum:
A concerned fan :
And No. 5
The Sheep :
Forum:
All right, I'll grant you that our pride back   and  no.5  are two things that Benitez has done...
Another fan :
And the belief
Forum
(sharply) Well yes obviously the belief... the belief goes  without saying. But apart from our pride ,No.5,and the belief what has he given?   
Concerned fan :
World Class players
Other concerned  Voices:
Forum (still Oblivious )
Yet another fan :
We broke records
Oh yes! True!
The fans :
The FA cup
The fans :
A fan:
Yes, he certainly knew how to keep order... (general nodding)... let's face it, he was loved by the people

The forum
All right... all right... but apart from Our pride   and No.5 and the world class players ,belief  and Dignity , and respect , and we were feared oh and the fact we played in the style of Champions ,and the FA cup ...and he was adored by the fans ......WHAT DID BENITEZ EVER DO FOR US ? .......................... HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE  :D

Yes but thats not all is it RBG?
They are definitely the positives but there were negatives as well.
Its a pity he lost the plot because he could have added the league to that list
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby worcester_red » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:20 pm

Kukilon wrote:Penguin no need to tell them the truth they are clueless.

This is classic wum.

The only point to that post was to wind people up, it added nothing to the discussion.
worcester_red

Postby worcester_red » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:26 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Firstly I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas ...secondly I must apologise for butchering an absolute classic sketch ......

Forum :
The sheep :
Yes.
The Sheep :
Forum :
A actual Fan :
Pride
Forum:
A concerned fan :
And No. 5
The Sheep :
Forum:
Another fan :
And the belief
Forum
Concerned fan :
World Class players
Other concerned  Voices:
Forum (still Oblivious )
Yet another fan :
We broke records
Oh yes! True!
The fans :
The FA cup
The fans :
A fan:

The forum

Sorry but I had pride and belief before Rafa, shame you didn't. And also I seem to recall winning the FA Cup as well, oh and didn't we end up second under Houllier,hmm.

Quite a funny reworking of a great sketch though.  :D
worcester_red

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:17 pm

DAV wrote:what a pointless thread.
With money Rafa got from getting sacked twice in 6months, if i were him i would retire from football.

Why would a man retire from his life's work? That's like asking Da Vinci to stop inventing stuff or to put down a paint brush, or Mozart to stop composing. He does it for the love of the game and not money I'm sure. F*ckin dime bar, you are. Idiotic thing to say.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:38 pm

Emerald Red wrote:

Why would a man retire from his life's work? That's like asking Da Vinci to stop inventing stuff or to put down a paint brush, or Mozart to stop composing. He does it for the love of the game and not money I'm sure. F*ckin dime bar, you are. Idiotic thing to say.

Interesting the two people you chose as comparisons
Da Vinci and Mozart-geniuses who have had a considerable influence on the whole of humanity due to their extraordinary fantastic talent and abilities
Just wondering why you linked them with Benitez?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:27 pm

maybe you should read the post again, he didnt link Benitez with either of those people.

as you didnt get it first time around he was merely pointing out that Benitez is motivated by his love for the game and not money so why should he retire.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby PabloAimar » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:37 pm

metalhead wrote:Why would you pay 20m for a player who has a history in injuries and played only 15 or so games for Roma in the previous season? Why gamble on such players, when in the market that we could have went for fit quality midfielders? Defour, Hamsek, Meireles (if we got him sooner), Miguel Veloso, Joao Moutinho, Gohkan Inler etc... young midfielders who are quality players that with 20m we had bought one of them, but instead we went for an injured player, who ironically failed his medical test the first time he went on loan to Juventus. 

5m? initially, but then again the whole payment is 20m, isn't it not? we still have to pay that amount according to the agreement we signed with Roma because technically Aquilani is still our player and is on loan.

Kazza, Keane wasn't a Parry signing, its a poor excuse from your part. The manager decided to buy him, and so he forked out 20m on a player he sold after 6 months into the season, never really giving him a chance too!

I'm talking the past 2 seasons, in the past 2 seasons we haven't bought well and that in effect did not improve our team and we ended up declining after and ending up in 7th place.

He made huge mistakes and he was paid for it.

i see your point but i personally was happy with the signing of aquilani (at the time when his medical indicated he'd be fit by october) and i'm sure most others were too. like i said, circumstances went on to conspire against us that season and i'm not going to insult your intelligence by talking about beach balls, cowboys, injuries, etc.

just a point to note, defour was out for most of last season with a broken foot, meireles has now probably played more games for us than aquilani did but not scored or set up nearly as many. as much as i like meireles, he's not a patch on aquilani, neither are veloso or hamsik but i'm sure if one of those 3 were available at that time for a similarly "structured" fee, i'm sure we'd have gone for them instead. do you honestly believe we have/are going to end up paying anywhere near £20M for aquilani? ????

the word that gets used often when describing the signing of aquilani is 'gamble' - this is football and unless you're a team that can afford to make £30m transfer mistakes every summer (like man utd, chelsea and man city) gambles have to be taken. seriously, watch aquilani this season and tell me he doesn't look every bit a £30M+ player.

here's a gamble i'd take: get rafa in now rather than see how low roy can drag us while waiting for another world class manager to become available.
PabloAimar

Postby PabloAimar » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Interesting the two people you chose as comparisons
Da Vinci and Mozart-geniuses who have had a considerable influence on the whole of humanity due to their extraordinary fantastic talent and abilities
Just wondering why you linked them with Benitez?
???

da vinci and mozart were 'merely' artists and i strongly disagree that their work had any influence at all on 99.9% of humanity. likewise, benitez is also 'merely' a football manager so it's an understandable analogy Emerald Red made.
PabloAimar

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion