Would you accept benitez back as manager - Would you accept benitez back as manager

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Would you accept benitez back as manager - Would you accept benitez back as manager

Yes
31%
No
50%
Undecided
2%
You have to mad
8%
This poll is a waste of time lets keep arguing about Hodgson
9%

Total votes : 154

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:08 pm

Well he will be back in Liverpool next month , he might go the match an all .ha ha
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:14 pm

I think its good to get this out in the open in a civilised way.
I am pleased the majority seem sensible enough to accept that Benitez has had his chance and we wish him well wherever he goes.
Whilst we fully appreciate what he achieved in 2005/6, we also accept that after that he started to decline and eventually had come to the end of his time with us. He wont come back and that is a good thing.
I loved what he did at the begining and hated what he did at the end, but in years to come I will always remember him with fondness for Istanbul.
Thommo's perm

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Yeh 2007 8 9 were such bads years . Decline  :laugh:
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Yeh 2007 8 9 were such bads years . Decline  :laugh:

Sorry, did I miss us winning something after the fa cup?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Remeber him for fondness of Istanbul? Fair enough. I tend to remember Rafa for the fact that he put us back to being ranked number 1 in Europe. Not Bacalona. Not Real Madrid. Not AC Milan. Not Inter, I could go on and on. He put US back to number 1. Teams wanted to avoid us like the plague. We were on the verge of greatness with the man a few seasons back. The sh*t we are seeing at the moment is a direct result of the two c*nts we recently outted, and yes, Roy is a remnant of their reign.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:

???

Nope , had alot of boss nights though with some great football being played . Can't see many of them in the future can you ? You see athens as a failure aswell , jesus the current manager has got alot to live up to with you mate .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:57 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

???

Nope , had alot of boss nights though with some great football being played . Can't see many of them in the future can you ? You see athens as a failure aswell , jesus the current manager has got alot to live up to with you mate .

To be fair I cant see into the future so I dont know what it will bring.
Yes we did have boss nights and yes I do/did see Athens as a totally un-necessary failure. Which started my personal feeling that Benitez was not "the one".
As far as Roy living up to what Benitez did, who knows? But saying that, honestly I havent got high expectations of him anyway. For this season at least.
Thommo's perm

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:03 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Remeber him for fondness of Istanbul? Fair enough. I tend to remember Rafa for the fact that he put us back to being ranked number 1 in Europe. Not Bacalona. Not Real Madrid. Not AC Milan. Not Inter, I could go on and on. He put US back to number 1. Teams wanted to avoid us like the plague. We were on the verge of greatness with the man a few seasons back. The sh*t we are seeing at the moment is a direct result of the two c*nts we recently outted, and yes, Roy is a remnant of their reign.

I agree with the first part of your post which is what made it even more heartbreaking when he went off his rocker and lost the plot.
The second part about the other cu'nts has definitely got SOME credbility, but I disagree about the Roy part
Thommo's perm

Postby OneHotRed » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:06 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Remeber him for fondness of Istanbul? Fair enough. I tend to remember Rafa for the fact that he put us back to being ranked number 1 in Europe. Not Bacalona. Not Real Madrid. Not AC Milan. Not Inter, I could go on and on. He put US back to number 1. Teams wanted to avoid us like the plague. We were on the verge of greatness with the man a few seasons back. The sh*t we are seeing at the moment is a direct result of the two c*nts we recently outted, and yes, Roy is a remnant of their reign.

I agree with the first part of your post which is what made it even more heartbreaking when he went off his rocker and lost the plot.
The second part about the other cu'nts has definitely got SOME credbility, but I disagree about the Roy part

Same wave length, exactly how I feel, very fond memories however, lost the plot and needed to go
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:10 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

???

Yes we did have boss nights and yes I do/did see Athens as a totally un-necessary failure. Which started my personal feeling that Benitez was not "the one".
As far as Roy living up to what Benitez did, who knows? But saying that, honestly I havent got high expectations of him anyway. For this season at least.

Well i'd say the decline started last year . Imo we were progressing year on year until last season . The decline has turned into a recession this year . The run up to athens and actually getting into the final for the second time in three years is a tremendous achievement and surely cannot be considered a faliure . Maybe we were spoilt i dunno , but to write off a champions league final and so many great performances over the years to top class oppo at home and away as a decline seems well a bit disrespectul to the players and manager at the time .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:15 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

???

Well i'd say the decline started last year . Imo we were progressing year on year until last season . The decline has turned into a recession this year . The run up to athens and actually getting into the final for the second time in three years is a tremendous achievement and surely cannot be considered a faliure . Maybe we were spoilt i dunno , but to write off a champions league final and so many great performances over the years to top class oppo at home and away as a decline seems well a bit disrespectul to the players and manager at the time .

Certainly not writing them off but as said, the last season he just seemed to go crackers, and id say hed got worse the year before.

Please dont get the not wanting Rafa back as being ungratefull, Im sure we will all remember what he brought us, but he was not the same man when he left, and Im afraid no one can defend the gigantic amount of wasted money on shabite players he spent (and the Garteh shitty barry saga which caused us to lose Alonso was disgusting)
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:18 pm

I loved him when he was here but the final season just became a total clusterf*ck. The players looked uninspired, Rafa looked worn down by those two slimy c*nts and our football - especially in the 2nd half of the season was shocking (though in fairness some of this seasons have been worse and after Reading at Anfield last year I didnt think that would be possible). My choice was undecided, the CL runs and the glorious attacking performances in the 2nd half of 08/09 make me want to believe again, but like I said above I couldnt handle watching it all fall apart again.
burjennio

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

???

Maybe we were spoilt but Ive been spolit all my life as a Red, and probably basing my opinions on this. But for me, although it was a great achievement getting to Athens, he totally fu'cked it up with his team selection and tactics. I honestly believe it was easier to win than Istanbul but he couldnt help himself. This has been pointed out before that he was a slave to his ego and unable to change his ways.
I belive that although we did have some great times in europe, in the cold light of day he couldnt cut it in the league, and no matter how much money he was given, he never would have made us Premier champions. I think he knew it himself in the end
Thommo's perm

Postby Calum » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:19 pm

After getting over the ridiculous question of this thread, that would be like asking would you accept G & H back as owners. Totally pointless. He is in the past. Leave him there. Move on.
Calum

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:35 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:Maybe we were spoilt but Ive been spolit all my life as a Red, and probably basing my opinions on this. But for me, although it was a great achievement getting to Athens, he totally fu'cked it up with his team selection and tactics. I honestly believe it was easier to win than Istanbul but he couldnt help himself. This has been pointed out before that he was a slave to his ego and unable to change his ways.
I belive that although we did have some great times in europe, in the cold light of day he couldnt cut it in the league, and no matter how much money he was given, he never would have made us Premier champions. I think he knew it himself in the end

I've lived the glory day's aswell mate ,but since 1991 it's been cack until houllier and then rafa turned our club into a european force once again . We are going over a well trodden path regarding the supposed millions rafa spent so what i'll suggest is that we agree to disagree on that front . I have my firm beliefs and and you have your on that . All i will say is that when the man eventually writes his autobiography all will be out in the open then . We will be able to discuss the background shenannigans abit better then .

One thing i will admit to is that Rafa took his eye of the ball last season and the politicts at the club suffocated him and his management of the team . I would have liked to have seen someone else do better under the circumstances .
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion