Would you accept benitez back as manager - Would you accept benitez back as manager

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Would you accept benitez back as manager - Would you accept benitez back as manager

Yes
31%
No
50%
Undecided
2%
You have to mad
8%
This poll is a waste of time lets keep arguing about Hodgson
9%

Total votes : 154

Postby Red-er-Dare » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:31 am

I can see it now: '

'Comolli and Rafa in transfer bust-up'

'Rafa wants full control, Henry tells him to collaborate'

'Rafa: As usual I will always focus on my milk and sugar'

'Inter boss warns LFC for boardroom unrest'

Paul Thomkins headlines...

'The messiah has returned'

'Rafa 'gets us''

'The legend of Rafa returns'

'Give him five years and 50M to spend a summer and Rafa will lead us to glory'

'I'm jizzing myself'
Last edited by Red-er-Dare on Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red-er-Dare

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:41 am

Now now, there are 2 sides to every story but lets try to keep this thread balanced and avoid hysterics....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:44 am

Should never have been sacked in the first place, so yes, I'd take him back in a heartbeat over what we currently have at the moment.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:51 am

Reg wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Reg wrote:I think thats fair enough.
I think Rafa would also find that fair.

We've all learnt a lot in the last 12 months, Rafa included.

I wouldnt want the same Rafa back, but a wiser, more flexible and humble Rafa, maybe.

which we all know it won't happen because Rafa is so stubborn, you don't lose your stubbornness in one night  :D

You cant know, you're just assuming.

I could have slammed the door but I didnt, I kept it open for those who know (theoretically of course) whether he could.

I would like to think 'anyone' can change if the incentive is great enough and they want to. Rafa was passionate about LFC, thats the incentive, plus he and his family love the area and settled well in the local community. I think he could change. He'd probably come back a morally stronger man if he accepts all the above.

Rafa won't change.

Do you think Man City would sign him if he was available?
killerp

Postby fergieisawhiskeynosedtw@t » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:20 am

killerp wrote:There are rumors that Benitez will be sacked by Inter if his ways do not improve quickly.

My poll topic is: Would you as a Liverpool fan accept this contraversial manager back if the opportunity came around.

I personally think it would be a terrible idea given the way in which he handled Liverpool & even the treble winning Inter. You can argue he brought some glory back to the club & left a couple of good players(Torres & Riena).

Please no Hodgson posts in here, lets keep it all focused on Benitez & his time at Liverpool.

only if there is a shortage of waiters on Merseyside
fergieisawhiskeynosedtw@t

Postby killerp » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:30 am

fergieisawhiskeynosedtw@t wrote:
killerp wrote:There are rumors that Benitez will be sacked by Inter if his ways do not improve quickly.

My poll topic is: Would you as a Liverpool fan accept this contraversial manager back if the opportunity came around.

I personally think it would be a terrible idea given the way in which he handled Liverpool & even the treble winning Inter. You can argue he brought some glory back to the club & left a couple of good players(Torres & Riena).

Please no Hodgson posts in here, lets keep it all focused on Benitez & his time at Liverpool.

only if there is a shortage of waiters on Merseyside

hahaha...I take that as a "NO"  :D
killerp

Postby mrt » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:38 am

No.  Not asking for total football.  Just something a little easier on the eye.
mrt

Postby akumaface » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:00 am

My heart said yes but I agreed that we need to move on. I remember all the frustration i got from drawing all those lesser teams as well as all the late subs...But I still remember Istanbul and the FA Cup. We probably need someone who is really good a motivating people and also a tactical genius but more on the offensive side. I hate to admit it but I would take a younger version of Wenger if there is one out there.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby GRAHAM01 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:54 am

i put no, i just think it's time to move on and think forward, not keep looking over the past
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:16 am

those thinking which vote for rafa to be back is the very reason why we did not win the league for more than 20 yrs.
look at how treble winner Inter is doing and people still want to bring rafa back??
how crazy is tat?
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby The Raven » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:22 am

Nope that ship sailed. He made some awful mistakes in his last season.

The more i hear from him the more im starting to feel like he is or was playing us.
The Raven

Postby Boocity » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:45 am

What would be the point, he would get a worse squad than he inherited from GH and no open chequebook from NESV
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:59 am

I voted
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:28 am

The club is in major decline thanks to T+G.  I think Rafa was doing the best he could to arrest that decline.  Since he left its sped up a lot.
I voted yes but things would have to change.

But at the end of the day, he is not coming back and we need to move on.  This thread will just cause more trouble to a forum in crisis.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:40 am

Of course there were times of jubilation under Rafa, a lot like the best times under Houllier. Under those two managers we grew but their faults meant we would never be great. Houllier made bad signings and buckled under the pressure of the need to win titles. Benitez frustrated the supporters with needless rotation, bad man management and being too much of a control freak.

The Hodgson appointment is a hiccup, an intermediate step whilst the ownership issue was sorted. I can't see him being here further than this season.

The club need to improve on both Houllier and Benitez (ignoring Hodgson for the above reasons) not revisit old managers.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion