Would you accept benitez back as manager - Would you accept benitez back as manager

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Would you accept benitez back as manager - Would you accept benitez back as manager

Yes
31%
No
50%
Undecided
2%
You have to mad
8%
This poll is a waste of time lets keep arguing about Hodgson
9%

Total votes : 154

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:45 pm

What was in common with Benitez in Valencia and the early Liverpool days where we looked like we where going in the right direction?

Answer..

Paco
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby tonyeh » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:53 pm

No.

The team is still suffering from his touch.
tonyeh

Postby worcester_red » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:54 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Reg wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Reg wrote:I think thats fair enough.
I think Rafa would also find that fair.

We've all learnt a lot in the last 12 months, Rafa included.

I wouldnt want the same Rafa back, but a wiser, more flexible and humble Rafa, maybe.

which we all know it won't happen because Rafa is so stubborn, you don't lose your stubbornness in one night  :D

You cant know, you're just assuming.

I could have slammed the door but I didnt, I kept it open for those who know (theoretically of course) whether he could.

I would like to think 'anyone' can change if the incentive is great enough and they want to. Rafa was passionate about LFC, thats the incentive, plus he and his family love the area and settled well in the local community. I think he could change. He'd probably come back a morally stronger man if he accepts all the above.

Exactly Reg. If there is one thing which best describes Rafa it's his perseverence when he notices a mistake. I am confident he would change aspects of his managament style if he had another chance here.

Also I think it's fair to say there are more antis on here than any other LFC forum. Obviously the poll results above are not indicative at all of the overall feeling of the fans.

Why becuase it doesn't share your opinion? feck sake grow up will you and accept that he isn't our manager anymore.
worcester_red

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:What was in common with Benitez in Valencia and the early Liverpool days where we looked like we where going in the right direction?

Answer..

Paco

We didn't have Paco when we went 2nd with 86 points (the best season in the league under rafa).

Paco has nothing to do with it, its down to the manager.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:46 pm

bavlondon wrote:.

Also I think it's fair to say there are more antis on here than any other LFC forum. Obviously the poll results above are not indicative at all of the overall feeling of the fans.

:laugh:

Just call us internet terrorists.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:47 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Reg wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Reg wrote:I think thats fair enough.
I think Rafa would also find that fair.

We've all learnt a lot in the last 12 months, Rafa included.

I wouldnt want the same Rafa back, but a wiser, more flexible and humble Rafa, maybe.

which we all know it won't happen because Rafa is so stubborn, you don't lose your stubbornness in one night  :D

You cant know, you're just assuming.

I could have slammed the door but I didnt, I kept it open for those who know (theoretically of course) whether he could.

I would like to think 'anyone' can change if the incentive is great enough and they want to. Rafa was passionate about LFC, thats the incentive, plus he and his family love the area and settled well in the local community. I think he could change. He'd probably come back a morally stronger man if he accepts all the above.

Exactly Reg. If there is one thing which best describes Rafa it's his perseverence when he notices a mistake. I am confident he would change aspects of his managament style if he had another chance here.

The fall down of Rafa was he NEVER been able to fix his mistakes. He always made the same mistake, and he was too stubborn with his style of management in that he wanted it to work. It didn't, he was sacked, end off. He went to Inter and used the same philosophy, he will never change, because that's who he is, that what made him  win a CL, a UEFA cup, an F.A cup and 2 La Liga titles.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Managers never change so if you want a new approach you have to find another as they will keep going the same way. Same at all levels and something I find difficult to understand to be honest. Its as if the genetically programmed to manage a certain way and though part of them senses somethings wrong nature guides them back down the same path they tripped up on before. Bit like when you know you shouldnt have a bevvy on a schoolnight but somehow you sit there every week making the same mistake with an ale in your hand and wake up rough as like the week before and before that  :)
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:38 pm

cant be bothered.
Last edited by Reg on Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:57 pm

metalhead wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:What was in common with Benitez in Valencia and the early Liverpool days where we looked like we where going in the right direction?

Answer..

Paco

We didn't have Paco when we went 2nd with 86 points (the best season in the league under rafa).

Paco has nothing to do with it, its down to the manager.

With respect that is a daft statement and unworthy of you. Its like when GYBS says: "simple as that". Its just not true.
With Paco at LFC Benitez won the CL and FA cup. Without him - zilch, zero, nada, fu'ck all. Second? Erm thats not winning anything, which he did consistently without Paco...
Thommo's perm

Postby OneHotRed » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Not a chance in hell, he may as well have been strapped up in a straight jacket, his time had come and he wasted millions on poor quality :censored: players, although he brough Torres and Reina here so points for that, Id sooner keep Bruce Forsyth as a manager
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:32 pm

parchpea wrote:Sacked twice in less than 6 months is pretty impressive going. To be fair he was on a loser at Inter because he could never live up to Mourhino but the bottom line is Benitez has lost his way in the last few years and those days where he drove Valencia to great success and Liverpool to European glory are long behind him now. What has surprised me is how open Inter have played in stark contrast to how Mourhino set them up and ofcourse Rafas game plan at Liverpool. I think he tried to change Inter into a sexy team so at least morally he defeated Jose but alas its backfired and never more so than his spectacular lack of attention to Bale down at the Lane. There may be another good job in him but not at Liverpool surely.

Is he really that close to the sack?
I dont follow serie a but I thought Inter were doing ok?
I was surprised he took on mourhinos sloppy seconds to be honest because if he fails it will be confirmation that he is not as good as mourhino. And if he succeeds it will be down to the team mourhino left. A strange on for me to be honest.
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:With respect that is a daft statement and unworthy of you. Its like when GYBS says: "simple as that". Its just not true.
With Paco at LFC Benitez won the CL and FA cup. Without him - zilch, zero, nada, fu'ck all. Second? Erm thats not winning anything, which he did consistently without Paco...

Mate there are so many arguments why Benitez didn't win anything afterwards, Paco could be one of them, but I don't think that's the case. Lets see, T&T bought us in 2007, and we didn't win anything. Coincidence?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:38 pm

parchpea wrote:Sacked twice in less than 6 months is pretty impressive going. To be fair he was on a loser at Inter because he could never live up to Mourhino but the bottom line is Benitez has lost his way in the last few years and those days where he drove Valencia to great success and Liverpool to European glory are long behind him now. What has surprised me is how open Inter have played in stark contrast to how Mourhino set them up and ofcourse Rafas game plan at Liverpool. I think he tried to change Inter into a sexy team so at least morally he defeated Jose but alas its backfired and never more so than his spectacular lack of attention to Bale down at the Lane. There may be another good job in him but not at Liverpool surely.

What are you on about? So Serie-A ends in November, does it? What do you mean sacked? He's still there.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Not a chance i'd want him back , some of the c.unts on this forum and those who claim to be lfc fans would cream themselves stupid .Just so they can start with the abuse again . FACT the current manager gets feck all abuse compared to what rafa got . I wouldn't want him anywhere near the place , He deserves to be remembered as the man who made us part of the european elite again , the man who got us to 2 champions league finals winning one , champions league semi's and quarters . Our best ever total in the premership finishing second and the man who outed the two c.unts of owners we had . FA cup winners and proud supporters once again . Feck him he was :censored: though cos he had one sh!te season .

We are lucky we got feckin Roy instead though hey . Bollox to those saying he left the current manager with :censored: , it was for the most part the same squad that finished second the season before last . The man brought all of us some of the best nights of our lives and youse write it off like it means nothing , boo feckin hoo we finished  7th last season .So what ,so f.uckin what . ONE  BAD SEASON YOU GAVE HIM ,one bad season ffs .

Well now that we are back to are best and capable of beating the mancs 4-1 at there place , madrid 5-1 on aggregate , barca at there gaff , juventus , inter .We can look forward to a long and fruitful season under Roy (Do yer reckon). YOUSE MUST BE SO PROUD .
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:07 pm

No, not any time soon at least. Not to deny his unquestionable achievements in Europe, in winning the FA cup, and to some extent in going so close in the league in 08/09; but latterly he made too many big mistakes in the transfer market, let too many good players leave and couldn't manage to inspire the team to anything like the same degree in those earlier years. He was, unfortunately, a major reason for our demise on the pitch last season, and that's also reflected in the squad we have today - not that we shouldn't being doing significantly better even with the current squad. It appears that John Henry shares a similar view, too, and with the arrival of Commoli suggests that NESV want to move on from the past. So, if and when Roy does leave, I wouldn't be expecting them to have Rafa high up on their list of prospective candidates or even on the list at all.

Would I ever want Rafa back? I wouldn't rule it out. That is to say, I think he's done enough in his career to suggest he might go on to prove himself again, but it would take a lot of proving and a lot of time before that point could be reached.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion