Why martin o'neil is the wrong choice! - He's out of his depth at lfc.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:17 am

This is my own personal view, why MArtin O'neil, should not even be in contention for the LFC job.
Mainly because, He went up to Celtic from Leicester, because he couldn't get a "Top English Club" to employ him, and because he's had a bit of "success" (questionable!!) with celtic, and their 60+ thousand fans, O'neil thinks he can take on the world.
But his team is full of SECOND RATE ex-premierhsip players, who also went up to Scotland cause they coulnt get employed by a big English club EITHER!
IE; Neil Lennon, Chris Sutton, John Hartson the fat ex-west ham porker and a few others who followed O'neil up there.

But what LFC fans should be weary of, and what the MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR for singning a new boss is....what contacts does he have to bring the worlds best players to Anfield. The answer is....NONE!

NEver mind winning the Scottish title, that title is pure kack, and no measure of success, we are far better going for a manager with good contacts, who can bring the right players in.
Nothing to me suggests O'Neill can do this important aspect of the Job. People talk about him motivating players, apart from him  jumping around on the touchline, we need a lot more  than that!
Even Stevie G said we need QUALITY! and nothing O'neil can offer, is good enough!
Way out of his depth!

Im not just having a cheap dig at the guy, im just stating a FACT! its important cause a lot of Liverpool fans want this guy as the new boss! (judging by polls etc!)
84-1083280474

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:26 am

for once i agree but you don't half in an aggrevating way.
115-1073096938

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:33 am

I know!.. I know i am an a**hole writing some of my posts!, but i need to get my point over, in case Parry/ Moores Log on!
84-1083280474

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:43 am

Let them do what they are good at.

Running a football club.

In this day and age people have no patience. Proof? When someones waiting for the bus or train they stand there looking for it to make it come faster.

Thats the majority of people.

There is plenty of time and they'll get it right.

This has to be one of the most attractive jobs in the world because of Moores and Parry.

Think about it, a new manager will get time, patience from the board, he'll get backed with good funds etc etc etc.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 29, 2004 12:44 am

The thing I like most about this forum is that I get to interact with so many people who should clearly be managing a top premiership club or at least by working as pundits on tv. Silly me, all these years I've been listening to the opinions of Hansen , Lawrenson, Tommy Smith etc when all I had to do was listen to you lot.

Wow I got this far without calling you a bunch of self opinionated c*nts, I'm obviously beginning to see things your way or maybe I'm just past caring. :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:48 am

I will at least coach at a top europian club one day. :)
115-1073096938

Postby greenred » Sat May 29, 2004 12:49 am

Your a funny bloke woof woof :D  Theres an awful lot of "experts" round here :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 29, 2004 12:51 am

stu_the_red wrote:I will at least coach at a top europian club one day. :)

Yeah, Fkn netball
:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:51 am

woof woof ! wrote:The thing I like most about this forum is that I get to interact with so many people who should clearly be managing a top premiership club or at least by working as pundits on tv. Silly me, all these years I've been listening to the opinions of Hansen , Lawrenson, Tommy Smith etc when all I had to do was listen to you lot.

Wow I got this far without calling you a bunch of self opinionated c*nts, I'm obviously beginning to see things your way or maybe I'm just past caring. :)

woof woof...think before you speak!

If Hansen and Lawro know so much, and are so Knowledgable, they why arent they managers. Hansen has already said he doesnt have what it takes to be a manger. he doesnt have the balls!!!!!!. Its ok for him to sit on his hairy a** and criticise others from watching his tv.

our opinions are as valid as his
84-1083280474

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:53 am

you can use arguements like that and you couldn't really argue with what u're saying

but at the end of teh day u haven't mentioned how hes took 2nd rate players to a uefa cup final beating us on the way there, that must mean we're a very bad team then if we take what u're saying and apply it to that

its all about opinions anyway, noone can say what o'neill will or won't do at liverpool if he gets the job, im not saying he should get the job or shouldnt but im just saying noone can predict what a manager is going to do at a club

alex ferguson remembered managed aberdeen won alot of trophies and look at man utd now through the 90's he made them what they are

how do u know o'neill can't do the same?
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat May 29, 2004 12:53 am

stu_the_red wrote:.

In this day and age people have no patience. Proof? When someones waiting for the bus or train they stand there looking for it to make it come faster.

Thats the majority of people.

Maybe they are looking to see if it's going to arrive,or it's broken down and a better mode of transport is needed.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 29, 2004 12:56 am

TheHustler wrote:woof woof...think before you speak!

If Hansen and Lawro know so much, and are so Knowledgable, they why arent they managers. Hansen has already said he doesnt have what it takes to be a manger. he doesnt have the balls!!!!!!. Its ok for him to sit on his hairy a** and criticise others from watching his tv.

our opinions are as valid as his

Your opinions are as valid as his ?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,
Christ sunshine what F*cking planet are you from or did I miss your name on the liverpool teamsheet ?
:p  :p  :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:57 am

The point is mate O'Neil hasn't done it.

We need someone who has.

Its like saying sign Dawson.

If ya watch the lad play he stands out like a saw thumb in that league and you can see he's got obvious potential. Imo he could be a long term replacement for Sami. He really could be that good. But theres a good chance he won't live upto his potential.

We need proven class players not potenial and the same goes for a manager.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:58 am

Maybe they are looking to see if it's going to arrive,or it's broken down and a better mode of transport is needed.

pedantic b**t**d!! :D

lol
115-1073096938

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat May 29, 2004 12:59 am

i come back to my alex ferguson statement, whats the difference between him coming from aberdeen to manutd and o'neill possibly coming from celtic to liverpool?
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion