Skrtel & Agger
28%
Skrtel & Hyypia
2%
Agger & Hyypia
No votes

Total votes : 65

Postby Ray Pugh » Sun May 04, 2008 5:40 pm

It must be me but I'm not completely convinced by Skrtel yet, I'm not saying he's a bad signing and obviosly he still needs more time, but I'd much rather Carragher and Agger.

Its weird isn't Skrtel about 6"4? he doesn't look that imposing and ain't that great in the air
Ray Pugh

Postby neil » Sun May 04, 2008 6:45 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:I voted for Agger and Skrtel because I see Carragher as a liability next yr.  He has been in decline lately and next season he's not going to get better, that's why Skrtel was brought in(not to replace Agger).  I  rate those two guys were highly and the sooner they star getting used to each other the better.

agreed plus carra has been a liabilty this season.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ray Pugh » Sun May 04, 2008 7:25 pm

neil wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:I voted for Agger and Skrtel because I see Carragher as a liability next yr.  He has been in decline lately and next season he's not going to get better, that's why Skrtel was brought in(not to replace Agger).  I  rate those two guys were highly and the sooner they star getting used to each other the better.

Are you two for real!!!

Carragher is still by far our best defender, and still will be for a few years yet
Ray Pugh

Postby Toffeehater » Sun May 04, 2008 7:31 pm

:no  ???
Carra as a liability , u're having a laugh or u're on drugs
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun May 04, 2008 7:59 pm

Ray Pugh wrote:
neil wrote:

Are you two for real!!!

Carragher is still by far our best defender, and still will be for a few years yet

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how Skrtel or Agger can be on the bench next yr, they are just too good.  It will probably be Carragher and Agger at the start of the season, but then I think Skrtel will sneak in and take Carragher's place in the first team.  It happened to Hyppia and it will happen to Carra.  I love Carragher, but he has been shacky this yr and he has committed far to many fouls in the penalty area.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby neil » Sun May 04, 2008 8:14 pm

do you want a dossier of mistakes? from conference esq clearances leading to set piece goals against to last minute bizzarre challenges resulting in penalties against, its was there for all to see. The emporers new clothes springs to mind dude.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Mon May 05, 2008 1:27 am

I went for a Agger & Skrtel pairing for next season. But in hindsight (I voted a few hours before i made this post) I think a Carra and Agger pairing is best with Skrtel direct back up. But to be honest I can see Skrtel & Agger being first chice come the end of next season. Depending on injuries and the like.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby stapo1000 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:18 am

I voted for agger/skrtel. carra has had his 1st season where he's looked like hes pushing on and approaching hiis sell by date. He has made more and more mistakes, he is gradually loosing his pace and his great ability to put in a last ditch challenge is fading. i do think he looked more comfortable at right back this season and that we could get a few more seasons there although you cant expect him bombing forward like clichy.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Mon May 05, 2008 6:21 am

I would like to see Skrtel and Agger as partners. Skrtel has pace and accelerate well but still lack of understanding at the back. Agger can go forward very well and able to score goal. It seems that Carra is not doing that well this season. But Agger's injury is worrying. Hope he'll be back to start the next season.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 05, 2008 4:25 pm

I feel like a traitor to JC but I think skrtel and Agger.

I just think that JC is too uncomfortable on the ball and that with a severe lack of pace drops him onto the bench. Agger is key as I think teams need a centre back who can play the ball.

Carra should definately NOT be a full back, full backs need attacking abilities and Carra has never had them, while there is an argument for him to be centre back, I don't see any for him to be a full back.
Last edited by Big Niall on Mon May 05, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Mon May 05, 2008 5:53 pm

Carra and Skrtl - with Agger at left back where he can move up the field and score goals.... as he does. :laugh:
Seano Kop

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 05, 2008 6:21 pm

Can't believe that after ONE season where he's not been at his absolutely f'ucking supreme some are already relegating him to the bench .

Yeah , he's made some ricks and he's not getting any younger , he's also been the one constant in our back four. He's had to marshal and lead an ever changing defence and Sammi aside, those revolving faces include players who are relative newbies when compared to the likes of himself and Hyypia.

Carra may well have peaked but he far from his sell by date. Skrtel's still to raw and Agger still has to show that his injury is well and truly sorted.

Carra and a fit Agger my first choice pairing, followed by Carra/Skrtel and Carra/Hyypia.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Thingy » Mon May 05, 2008 6:27 pm

Carra has only just turned 30 for god sake, its not like hes gettin his pension next week is it. Sami will be 35 and still playing for us. If we get a decent quick left back and right back, his " lack of pace" wont show as much, plus I dont think its a problem anyway.
Thingy

Postby Bad Bob » Mon May 05, 2008 7:01 pm

Carra and Agger all day for me.  Skrtel's been very solid in the last few months but he's still a work in progress.  He'll get plenty of games next season even as first back-up and won't let us down but I still don't think he has Agger's finesse or Carra's grit and ability to read the game.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon May 05, 2008 9:35 pm

Why people question Carra's pace is beyond me. Vidic and Terry are hardly the quickest. (won't include Arsenal here as Wenger likes everybody to be an olympic sprinter including keeper besides it's only Chelsea and United who've won the league since Benitez arrived)

Again on Carra's pace the only player in history I've seen get away from Carra is Henry (carra is not alone in that list either). Drogba, Rooney, Shearer, Cole, Yorke, Fowler, Owen, Heskey, Yakubu, Johnson and so on are never able to just shake Carra off. He gives them a good "run" for their money. And nine times out of ten Carra wins the ball because he's great at timing the tackle. If anybody gets a yard in front of him, you can bet your life he'll make up for it, and that's what I mean by being unable to shake him off. He's always within distance to make that last ditch tackle.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion