Houllier must go! we need martin o'neil

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mrcool2003 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:46 am

big al yu're wrong

martin o'niell bought bobo balde, thompson, sutton, hartson and they were all good signings, thats only naming a few and where have rangers got to? absolutely nowhere, Celtic are more prepared for europe than rangers, and hes on a shoestring budget as well

hollier has had 100 million to spend and spend it on sh##e rubbish, martin o'niell is the man for the job, hes been successful everywhere, and its stupid to say hollier is better cause he won the uefa cup, houlliers aims shoudl be the champions league, cause of the amoutn of money he has
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:44 pm

big al wrote:Folks I agree that Martin O'Niel is not the right man for the job.  Two years ago I would have said he was but now I think he'd be wrong.  Why?

O'Neil has definitely a way of getting his players motivated but just stop for amoment and look at his team.  He's had every opportunity to develop Celtic and move them along  yet he has'nt done this.  If getting close to winning the EUFA cup indicates he's a good manager the surely Houlier's better afetr all he won it.  O'Niel is managing one of the biggest football clubs in the World.  Celtic have fans in every country and should be attracting the best players but are they. No, Why because the Scotish premiership is dominated by Celtic and Rangers.  Years ago managers had to prove their ability by bringing teams up and by building team into great clubs Shanks is a good example even Sir Bobby Robson. O'Neil May have had such success's in his early days but what has he really achieved.  Martin has still a lot to prove.  ????? If we want unproven managers then Strachan is the right man> If we want proven managers then to hell with England and lets get Erikson.  I'm From Nortehn Ireland by the way, So England fans forgive me. But to me there are only two realistic choices Unproven Strachan, Proven Erikson

Big Al, I have to disagree with you.

I think you are forgetting what a joke Celtic were under John Barnes and then Kenny Dalglish.

Rangers were absolutely dominant in Scotland and aside from the season where Jensen won the league for them, Celtic were floundering badly.

O' Neill spent his money very well and turned a few players that were struggling in England (Thomspson, Sutton and Hartson) into competent players who performed well in Europe.

Since then he has had absolutely no money to spend and that is why he has not been able to improve his squad further.

Celtic and Rangers are massive clubs but at the end of the day both have financial problems and there is no money in the kitty.

Getting Celtic to the final of the UEFA Cup was an excellent achievement.

O' Neill worked wonders at Leicester and proved that he can handle the pressures of a big club at Celtic.

If he can get the likes of Thompson, Sutton, Balde, McNamara, Hartson and Varga playing competently and consistently then I am excited what he could do with the under performers at Liverpool.

Celtic are a big club in terms of support, but realistically they are still European small fry in modern football, as their purchasing power is limited.

Liverpool have the potential to be up there with the best in Europe if the right man is at the helm and he has a bit of money to spend.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:20 pm

I like Martin O'Neil, but like a keep repating he likes to play 5-3-2 system with wing backs, in reality this system will never bring major success, the midfielders get out numbered and the defenders get confused who to mark.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steviegerrard » Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:39 pm

martin oneill is the only manager i think that can achivie sumthing with liverpool
just look what he has done with celtic after the mess barnes left the club in
:( :) :D :D
steviegerrard

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:44 pm

God help us if [stricken]... oops.. i meant strachan is the best we can do! give me martin o" neill any day come on this is L.F.C.we are talking about here, and strachan is not fit to  clean out the boot room! never mind manage us!! :D how desperate our we!!![ not that desperate] :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion