Skrtel & Agger
28%
Skrtel & Hyypia
2%
Agger & Hyypia
No votes

Total votes : 65

Postby Owzat » Sun May 04, 2008 8:28 am

Reading through the Barry debate I was going to pose the same question about the CMs. I did this first as it's straightforward - who would be YOUR first choice CB pairing for next season IF all CBs are fit. And if you like in what order do you rate them eg

1. Carragher
2. Agger
3. Skrtel
4. Hyypia

That might be your order, mine would be that or switch Agger and Skrtel perhaps. Obviously one might conclude the first two are 1 and 2 from what you vote for, but voting doesn't place them in order or the second choice pairing. I would be interested to see Agger and Skrtel play alongside each other, not that that would necessarily be my first choice.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Sun May 04, 2008 8:49 am

I voted for Carragher and Skrtel, though I still see Agger getting quite a few games.  Personally I think that Skrtel has been absolutely outstanding since his shocker of a start.  He does not get pushed around and has great pace for someone with his strength (something we have not had for a long time). 

I am interested to see what happens when all 4 are fit again.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun May 04, 2008 8:55 am

Carra and Skyrt...purely because i have a feeling the agegr situation is worse than people are letting on... not saying he wont come back, but its definately a bad injury for us to shell out money on skyrtel out of the blue... plus the teenage mutant ninja skyrtel thing is classic awesomeness
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun May 04, 2008 9:04 am

I voted for Agger and Skrtel because I see Carragher as a liability next yr.  He has been in decline lately and next season he's not going to get better, that's why Skrtel was brought in(not to replace Agger).  I  rate those two guys were highly and the sooner they star getting used to each other the better.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Number 9 » Sun May 04, 2008 9:20 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:I voted for Agger and Skrtel because I see Carragher as a liability next yr.  He has been in decline lately and next season he's not going to get better, that's why Skrtel was brought in(not to replace Agger).  I  rate those two guys were highly and the sooner they star getting used to each other the better.

Are you serious?
Carra a liability next year?

Carra has been under par(slightly) this season because of one reason only!Lack of a steady partnership at the back due to Aggers injury.
Also he got switched to right back on a few occasions,which is not his best position.

Its worth mentioning that if Carra had not been consistantly world class season after season,no one would be mentioning any such dip in form.It was unfortunate that Agger got his long injury,but as a result Rafa was left with an unsettled CB pairing with Hyypia not having the legs to start every game and Skrtel being to new to be thrown into every game.

Carra a liability next season....wise up fella! :no
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun May 04, 2008 9:38 am

Mine would be Carra and Agger every day of the week!
Agger really impressed from what i seen of him.A solid defender and the way he breaks from the back at pace to start a counter attack at times is pure class! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun May 04, 2008 10:05 am

Absolute no brainer for me if they're all fit. It's Carragher and Agger by a country mile.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun May 04, 2008 10:53 am

Carragher and Agger for me.

still not convinced about skrtel yet.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 04, 2008 11:23 am

Carra and Agger - Skrtel has done well since he arrived but not quite in the same class as Carra or Agger. I  think that it will be interesting seeing Agger and Skrtel line up together though, could possibly be a partnership made in heaven if they click.
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Sun May 04, 2008 12:56 pm

I picked Agger, but I think everyone that did has to have an * by their choice, becuase we are all assuming full recovery and back to his good form. fingers crossed
JoeTerp

Postby Torres25 » Sun May 04, 2008 1:06 pm

I think Carra & Agger 4 the start but i can really c Skrtel gettin over Carra by the end of the season...persumin Agger will be fit :D

I reckon will c carra at full back a fair bit next season
Torres25

Postby username » Sun May 04, 2008 4:15 pm

Carra and Agger, maybe Skrtel and Agger in the future.
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby mart » Sun May 04, 2008 4:50 pm

If agger comes back to full form i'd say Agger/Skrtel for first choice with carra not far behind. I dont think Hyypia will get many matches next season.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Sun May 04, 2008 5:00 pm

Carra and Agger I would go for although I do see Skrtel getting some game time and will probably replace Carra long term but I reckon the Bootle man has a few seasons left in him.

Although Skrtel and Agger have youth and pace we cannot underestimate the influence that Carra has on the team which is probably the most important factor and is probably the reason that old man Hypia has another year
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun May 04, 2008 5:01 pm

Next season it will be carra and agger.....but if agger stays injury free...i could see a skertel and agger combo in the near future...(from 2009/2010 season onwards)....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion