What do people see in martin o'neil? - What am i missing?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby trick110 » Wed May 26, 2004 3:11 pm

If Martin O'Neill had any ambition he would never have gone to Celtic in the first place! Heskey did a different job at liverpool as he for Leicester, and he will do well at Birminghan next season doing his old Leicester job, OH does that mean old "big fat head" Steve Bruce is great manager?
trick110

Postby DrLiverpool » Wed May 26, 2004 6:50 pm

Woollyback wrote:C'mon Puddlian, your league is a 2 horse race at best.

Since I am on the oneillians side I have to argue.
SPL is a 2 horse race,fine. How does that mean its a bad league?
The premiership is a 3 horse race (mun u,chelsea and arsenal) does this mean its a bad league.

I'm not scotish , dont live in scotland and dont even watch the SPL but a championship is a championship no matter waht league you are in. O'Neill has had tremendous success and nio one can argue with that.

Martin O'Neill.... all the way.......

to anfield...
  :)
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 26, 2004 6:58 pm

I definitely wouldn't say no to Martin O'Neill. 

I mean who are the candidates?

Benitez
O'Neill
Mourinho

And then Strachan is 10/1 bar.

I didn't mention Curbishley is in there with them but I don't want him, and i'm hoping if I don't think about him, he'll go away. :D  :D

Seriously, the only way we will get Curbishley is if all possible avenues are explored first.  He is third choice on the board, so if Benitez or Mourinho say yes, he is out of the picture.  I don't think the board want o'Neill.  I can't even believe Strachan is in the frame, while nobody should write off Kenny Dalglish off yet, to steady the boat.
jonnymac1979

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 26, 2004 7:18 pm

Martin O neil has a tendency to spit his dummy out not unlike Houllier did on numerous ocassions,and in my opinion he would fail miserably to handle the constant pressure that comes with with being at the helm of a top club with huge expectations,he"s not the man the pressure would destroy him ,and we cant take the chance ,we need a manager with a cv thats bulging with his the attributes required to manage at the very pinnacle ie Benitez now go get him Rick
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed May 26, 2004 7:26 pm

Rick has gone off for a holiday..
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby mrcool2003 » Wed May 26, 2004 9:31 pm

LMAO o'neill is good and houllier is superb

stu wise up, houllier is not superb, he improved liverpool but he didnt exactly come close to winning the league except for one season and that was it

they are either equal or o'neill is better, but its very stupid and naive to say houllier is a better player than o'neill

o'neill hasn't had as much money as houllier to spedn remember that and i've watched celtic matches on tv live and they are playing exciting football, so that ****** thats talked about the football not being good

forget about the scottish league, think about the european record, haven't lost a home game for a long time in europe, so that goes to show you something, and hes beat some fo the best teams in europe and got them to the uefa cup final, houllier had millions to spend. o'neill will make liverpool great again, i might be wrong, but he'd be my choice

houllier is a good manager for whta he did with us, but hes not a great manager, you'll find most ppl in this forum will agree with me that o'neill or the porto manager are the 2 most popular choices and the wisest ones
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Wed May 26, 2004 9:31 pm

correction better manager, i said better player oops hehe
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed May 26, 2004 9:45 pm

DrLiverpool wrote:
Woollyback wrote:C'mon Puddlian, your league is a 2 horse race at best.

Since I am on the oneillians side I have to argue.
SPL is a 2 horse race,fine. How does that mean its a bad league?
The premiership is a 3 horse race (mun u,chelsea and arsenal) does this mean its a bad league.

I'm not scotish , dont live in scotland and dont even watch the SPL but a championship is a championship no matter waht league you are in. O'Neill has had tremendous success and nio one can argue with that.

Martin O'Neill.... all the way.......

to anfield...

O'Neill doesn't have a decent trophy to his name. To compare SPL with the Premiership is plain stupid - it isn't just that there are only two competitive teams in SPL, but that there is far more quality in depth in the Premiership. SPL doesn't help itself by having 12 teams - it's kind of like playing Wolves, Leicester and Leeds 4x each a season ??? Premiership isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it is far better than SPL. OK Liverpool lost to Celtic in the UEFA Cup - the team that finished level on points at the top with Rangers vs the team that came fifth in England (and they weren't that convincing winners) This season our champions beat theirs home and away.

If you're not scottish then you must be mad if you think SPL even bears comparison with the Premiership  :O   :p   :O
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed May 26, 2004 10:04 pm

Its fairly irrelevant comparing leagues.Mourinho won the European cup tonight with a team that plays in a league not dissimilar to Scotland.What league did Wenger come from? Ferguson? O`Neill is the best man for the job,and it is shortsighted to drone on about deficiencies in the SPL as a way of denigrating him
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Thu May 27, 2004 9:43 am

o'neill never got to spend half the money houllier did yet o'neill has did a better job

what hes done with celtic is a great acheivement, not comparing the scottish league with the premiership, but just looking at where hes taken them, hes the right man
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu May 27, 2004 10:13 am

It strikes me that much of the anti-O'neil stuff on this forum is borne out of the crowd-favourite tag he earns from the media. It reminds me of a mate of mine back in school who never liked music that other people were into - he didn't like pop music coz it wasn't popular.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Thu May 27, 2004 6:46 pm

Owzat wrote:If you're not scottish then you must be mad if you think SPL even bears comparison with the Premiership  :O   :p   :O

I wasnt comparing the premiership with the SPL just saying that the SPL is a 2 horse race but it doesnt make it a bad league.

I'm having doubts as to who i want as the manager. Either Mourinho,Benitez or O'Neill will do me.

*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion