Houllier must go! we need martin o'neil

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:40 pm

we need martin o'neil, houllier is a cr#p manager and needs to go, hes had enough time
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:49 pm

Right now, anybody's better than Houllier. I can name a few who instantly come to mind, Harry Redknapp, Steve McLaren, Alan Crubishley (did I get the name right?). I am in the middle of watching the Portsmouth game. How on earth did Liverpool let Berger go for free and did not give him a decent crack during his tenure at the club? Instead, Houllier continues to play his favourite duds - Smicer, Biscan, Heskey. Portsmouth has a fraction of Liverpool's budget, yet they seem to have more desire and on today's form, ability than Liverpool, even tough some of their playera were obtained on the cheap or free. What the hell has Houllier done with all the money given to him? Signed expensive cr@p.
He definitely has to go.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:37 pm

:(For god sake man GO!!do us all a favour GH....please!!! :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jude » Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:04 pm

yes ,yes it is the same for liverpool  fans  allround the  world

gerrard  houllier   PACK UP AND LEAVE and  please take those  bad  signings with  u ,oh where  have we come too!

at this rate we will  be fighting  for the 15th spot
jude

Postby Foolsy's lad » Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:18 pm

Martin o'Neill's not the right man for the job cos he'd just build the team around Heskey and then we'd never get shut of him.
GH always harps on about good teams never losing twice in a row. Well correct me if I'm wrong but I make that 3!  What he did a couple of seasons ago was good, but lets be honest, we were a bit lucky in all them games.  I think he's taken us as far as he can. Ged needs to go now cos this seasons a write off!  Lets get someone new in for the rest of the season to clearout the dead wood, give the young players some experience and get a bit of spirit back in this club.  Who that person is - I don't know!  I'd love to see Keegan in there but thats not gonna happen.  What about binnin GH and Thommo and givin Sammy Lee and Rushie a go?  Just a thought!
Foolsy's lad

Postby mrcool2003 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:25 am

no, martin o'neill is teh right man, look at wat hes done for celtic, a fantastic job, knows who to buy within a tight budget as hes proved, i think hes just the man to get the heart and desire and a team that we deserve to see as liverpool fans
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rui446 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:57 am

Hi everyone this is my first time here. I have been a liverpool fanatic since i was 8 and 22 long years have past and my love and passion for thsi great club has increased with every years. Thsu it was extremely painful excruciating even to watch my beloved club get out played by a club who were one of pre season favourittes for relegation.  No disrespect to pompey they played well and fully deserved thei win..congrats.

If i ever get a chance to speak with Mr Houlier, i would just ask him one thing..Does have any idea of the magnitude of the job? Liverpool FC one of greatest clubs in th world derserves players and a manager would die in the pitch or the club..not one who blames everything and everyone else for his poor selection and bad tactics..

Player for player i believe we have the talent to challenge for the title, but the the tactics are terrible, GH dont tell me you still experimenting and dont know your strongest side. Please step aside and let some one have short ... Liverpool management and fans think big...martin o neil is a good manager but what we need is a great manager.... Gus Hiddink performed a minor miracle at Korea think hat he can with a club like liverpool....

To the mangement of liverpool ... please oh please do something before it is too .late.. before we liverpools fans have to go thru the unthinkable............ liverpool FC -Divison 1
rui446

Postby Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts » Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:53 am

Things are very bad agreed but we don't sack managers(1950's was the last time) so I can't see that happening.Anyway, sacking a  manger mid season rarely works.If he is in charge at the start then give him to the end of the season unless relegation looms.
We have far to many 6/10 players in the squad.Owen,Gerrard and big Sami apart, I would have no hesitation in accepting a bid for every one of them.
We are a one trick pony and our style of play negates any quality there is in the background e.g. why is it that Risse is considered a superb player for Norway yet all we get him to do is launch those bloody diagonal long balls over the top time and time again?
This is Houlliers last season, surely........................
Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts

Postby tockycol » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:23 am

correct me if i am wrong but did houllier say he wanted a five year plan to bring the title back to anfield  we are no closer now that when roy evans left .
if hes still here next season we will be giving him another five years to get us out of the first division.
enough is enough for gods sake gerard please go now
you'll never walk alone
tockycol

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:43 pm

The only negative about martin o'neil is that he likes to play the 5-3-2 system with the wing backs, this system has never brought major success.i.e. Glenn Hoddle

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:03 pm

Folks I agree that Martin O'Niel is not the right man for the job.  Two years ago I would have said he was but now I think he'd be wrong.  Why?

O'Neil has definitely a way of getting his players motivated but just stop for amoment and look at his team.  He's had every opportunity to develop Celtic and move them along  yet he has'nt done this.  If getting close to winning the EUFA cup indicates he's a good manager the surely Houlier's better afetr all he won it.  O'Niel is managing one of the biggest football clubs in the World.  Celtic have fans in every country and should be attracting the best players but are they. No, Why because the Scotish premiership is dominated by Celtic and Rangers.  Years ago managers had to prove their ability by bringing teams up and by building team into great clubs Shanks is a good example even Sir Bobby Robson. O'Neil May have had such success's in his early days but what has he really achieved.  Martin has still a lot to prove.  ????? If we want unproven managers then Strachan is the right man> If we want proven managers then to hell with England and lets get Erikson.  I'm From Nortehn Ireland by the way, So England fans forgive me. But to me there are only two realistic choices Unproven Strachan, Proven Erikson
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:48 am

More worrying for us is the other day he expressed his "undying love for the club".

Quite scary.

If Chelsea get knocked out of the CL, they'll sack Claudio and I don't think he'd turn down the chance of Liverpool.
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:39 pm

I have been a big supporter of GH, and regonise what he has achieved for the club, he brought a seriously declining squad into one which is capable of being amongst the top three in England.  But i think his illness has seriously effected him, no longer does he go on scouting missions during the internation break, instead he goes on holiday to france. also in his press conferences he seems to be less charasmatic and enthausastic, if houllier can not give his whole heart and fuull attention to the club, then he must do the hounarble thing and resign at the end of the season, i predict there will be an amicable agreement at the end of the season where he parts company with the club of takes a boardroom position, i only hope that we appoint either Gordan Strachan or Gus hiddink, contrasting styles but both effective in their own ways, THANK YOU HOULLIER for what you have done but now the time is righr to part

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redlester » Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:42 pm

big al wrote:Folks I agree that Martin O'Niel is not the right man for the job.  Two years ago I would have said he was but now I think he'd be wrong.  Why?

O'Neil has definitely a way of getting his players motivated but just stop for amoment and look at his team.  He's had every opportunity to develop Celtic and move them along  yet he has'nt done this.  If getting close to winning the EUFA cup indicates he's a good manager the surely Houlier's better afetr all he won it.  O'Niel is managing one of the biggest football clubs in the World.  Celtic have fans in every country and should be attracting the best players but are they. No, Why because the Scotish premiership is dominated by Celtic and Rangers.  Years ago managers had to prove their ability by bringing teams up and by building team into great clubs Shanks is a good example even Sir Bobby Robson. O'Neil May have had such success's in his early days but what has he really achieved.  Martin has still a lot to prove.  ????? If we want unproven managers then Strachan is the right man> If we want proven managers then to hell with England and lets get Erikson.  I'm From Nortehn Ireland by the way, So England fans forgive me. But to me there are only two realistic choices Unproven Strachan, Proven Erikson

Erickson would be too cold and glacial for Liverpool - Look at the passion Fergie has for Manu and Martin O'Neill has for Celtic - we desperately need some of that
Redlester

Postby greenred » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:32 am

are you mad? o`neill is the man and God help us if we dont get him.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion