Who will win the title - No dream stuff just honesty

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:02 am

Being realistic, can see us coming second.

It will be interesting to see what Arzenal do though after they found their
form towards the back-end of last seasonn
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:27 am

well said jmac and ciggie

the latest europe champion was greece, arsenal was the latest champion cup finalist, and liverpool won it previously. i mean, collecting top class players is of course a big step to get closer to the top, but on earth no guarantee provided with it.

mourinho has been working hard to choose the world's best players of every position while rafa is trying to get the best proportion of price and capability of players and in turn dig the optimal out of them. (which mourinho doesn't really need to do that, he only can "buy mineral water instead of digging it out from the earth" :D )

so i think rafa will win it with this way (beside of what jmac has goodly written)
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Smeg » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:00 am

Chelsea.
Smeg

Postby mitch22 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:26 am

1. Liverpool
2. Chelski
3. A.rse
4. Man Ure

if you dont believe whats the point?
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby Kukilon » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:32 am

Ciggy wrote:
Kukilon wrote:1. Chelsea
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham

United will have a complete :censored: season and finish somewhere between 4-7 place.

???  I know United are going through a bit of a translation period but you actually think Spurs will finish abive them ???
Mind you you''ve just said Bellamy will score 25 goals for us this season and Alonso will score 10, pass us the crack pipe lad.

I'm sorry but I have never uttered those words. Where have you gotten that from?

*edited http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=18526

That was weringo and not me.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Bman » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:42 am

Kukilon wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Kukilon wrote:1. Chelsea
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham

United will have a complete :censored: season and finish somewhere between 4-7 place.

???  I know United are going through a bit of a translation period but you actually think Spurs will finish abive them ???
Mind you you''ve just said Bellamy will score 25 goals for us this season and Alonso will score 10, pass us the crack pipe lad.

I'm sorry but I have never uttered those words. Where have you gotten that from?

*edited http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=18526

That was weringo and not me.

Dont worry mate shes got issues  :glare:
Bman

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:54 am

1)Chelsea 94pts
2)Liverpool 90pts
3)Man Utd 87pts
4)Arsenal 85 pts
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby marcus.c » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:20 am

[quote="big al"][/quote]
Arsenal - They have a lot of potential youngster coming up but at the end of the day, winning e title, isn't about how skillful their individuals are but it is how consistant the entire team plays. Whether the youngsters can gel together and not break, remains a question mark.

Man Utd -  Right now, they are very worried about money. Man utd are like chelski, they think as long as they can get a few superstars, the whole team will start winning. Look at Real madrid, a team full of stars but what happened? A team full of superstars doesn't win game.. again its a team that plays for each other that wins it. Man utd in the early days, were very good because they have a team that play for each other. ( i suspect dat back den, they do not have that much of cash to splash either) When their core players started to leave the club, the team breaks up.. They have no vision. Till today, who have they invested that are capable to replace their old guards?  Next season, its going to be the same old story like last season.

Liverpool - Without a question of a doublt, this liverpool team can only get stronger! Benitez is a genius at spotting problems and rectify it. He does not buy fancy players. He does not buy players that the media praises. He buy players base on their quality in that position. And he will not keep players of no use on the bench. A lot of players are coming in next season. Their ability to gel and play for each other is crucial in the early matches. There is a need to see their friendly games, before really judging. However Liverpool will pose the greatest threat to chelski.   

Chelski - With all that money in hand, and a charismatic manager at the helm. I am afraid to say, its going to be Chelski as champ again. They can aford to buy anyone. Players that goes to chelski, does not play for the club.. coz the club has no history! they are merely playing for the money and their own reputation.. They need to invest heavily on their youth prog.. snapping up talents off the market wif obscene fee will not work well. At the end of the day, ppl will just reg chelski as a rich club wif no history. And they will forever stuck with that tag.
marcus.c

Postby marcus.c » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:24 am

[quote="marcus.c"][/quote]
Arsenal - They have a lot of potential youngster coming up but at the end of the day, winning e title, isn't about how skillful their individuals are but it is how consistant the entire team plays. Whether the youngsters can gel together and not break, remains a question mark.

Man Utd -  Right now, they are very worried about money. Man utd are like chelski, they think as long as they can get a few superstars, the whole team will start winning. Look at Real madrid, a team full of stars but what happened? A team full of superstars doesn't win game.. again its a team that plays for each other that wins it. Man utd in the early days, were very good because they have a team that play for each other. ( i suspect dat back den, they do not have that much of cash to splash either) When their core players started to leave the club, the team breaks up.. They have no vision. Till today, who have they invested that are capable to replace their old guards?  Next season, its going to be the same old story like last season.

Liverpool - Without a question of doubt, this liverpool team can only get stronger! Benitez is a genius at spotting problems and rectify it. He does not buy fancy players. He does not buy players that the media praises. He buy players base on their quality in that position. And he will not keep players of no use on the bench. A lot of players are coming in next season. Their ability to gel and play for each other is crucial in the early matches. There is a need to see their friendly games, before really judging. However Liverpool will pose the greatest threat to chelski.   

Chelski - With all that money in hand, and a charismatic manager at the helm. I am afraid to say, its going to be Chelski as champ again. They can aford to buy anyone. Players that goes to chelski, does not play for the club.. coz the club has no history! they are merely playing for the money and their own reputation.. They need to invest heavily on their youth prog.. snapping up talents off the market wif obscene fee will not work well. At the end of the day, ppl will just reg chelski as a rich club wif no history. And they will forever stuck with that tag.
marcus.c

Postby marcus.c » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:26 am

[quote="marcus.c"][/quote]

Liverpool - Without a question of doubt, this liverpool team can only get stronger! Benitez is a genius at spotting problems and rectify it. He does not buy fancy players. He does not buy players that the media praises. He buy players base on their quality in that position. And he will not keep players of no use on the bench. A lot of players are coming in next season. Their ability to gel and play for each other is crucial in the early matches. There is a need to see their friendly games, before really judging. However Liverpool will pose the greatest threat to chelski.   

marcus.c

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:31 am

okay okay okay! :angry:

:D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:41 am

We'll pip chelsea to the post I reckon.... only just....

The aura of invincibility that the feckers have built over the last 2 years is starting to crumble IMO.... While the addition of Ballack and Shevchenko are major coups, me gut tells me that both may struggle. Both are still unbelievable talents but are no longer at their peaks and hence controllable to a certain extent.

If we get Alves, we'll be in with a shout.... If StevieG plays on the RW, the ship may be scuppered as we'll lack forward drive on a consistent basis.
ConnO'var

Postby teamleader1 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:48 am

mitch22 wrote:1. Liverpool
2. Chelski
3. A.rse
4. Man Ure

if you dont believe whats the point?

Exactly!

Why raise the white flag before a ball has been kicked in anger  :(

We can win the title this season, remember chelsea have no say in 36 of our 38 prem games,
Rafa,s right when he says the key is to match the other contenders in the head 2 head games.

Im confident we can do it, and cant wait to get back to watching the Reds

:D  :D
teamleader1

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:49 am

I think the top 4 of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United in that order isn't going to be far off.  Chelsea and Liverpool could well be swapped around, as could Arsenal and United imo.

I still think what happens in the transfer market over the next couple of weeks could change a lot.  As it stands I don't think we can win it.  We have the same weaknesses as this time last year (albeit with a better overall squad) - one striker and one right midfielder short of a complete squad.  Hopefully Benitez will sort these positions out and in which case we will be very very close to the top next season.

But I also don't think Chelsea will reach the same points total they did last season.  Too many egos and there will be too many unhappy players.  Tactically I wouldn't trust Mourinho either.  He has usually preferred the 4-5-1/4-3-3 system, but the signing of Ballack in particular makes me think he's going to switch to the diamond next season for a lot of games.  Will be interesting to see what happens.

With the squad Chelsea have they can only lose the league, the rest of us can't win it.  But should things go pear shaped this season (and I think they just might), we will be the best of the rest to take full advantage.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:54 pm

Alves and a top class striker and we will be in with a shout, i think last season teams started to realise that chelski can be beaten, middlesbrough and fulham beat them and a few other teams, maybe teams are sussing out how they play and how to stop them. We certainly know how to.

Also, i dont think sheva will be that great upfront on his own, he certainly has the attributes to do it but i dont think he would be as effective as say drogba in the way that chelski play. If a big rough kunt kicked sheva up the @rse would he be able to handle it, we will see. Drogba is more physical than him and although he hits the floor on a constant basis like a tw@t, he can cope with the physical nature of the league. Maybe sheva will struggle if he plays upfront on his own. Anyway i reckon if chelski play sheva up top on his bill, they might not be as good. If they play him with a partner any of the wingers or makelele, ballack, essien , fat frank lampard jnr, they will lose out on either width or the protection of makelele or the goals of ballack and fat frank. It will be interesting to see what formation they use, i think their wingers are vital to what they have achieved, if they play 4-4-2 they might fu.ck up.

I defo think we have a chance, balance all over if we get alves and decent cover aswell and of course we have the best manager in the world. The titles gonna be ours.

Mourinho will be sent packing if he doesnt win the CL so theres extra pressure for the portuguese kunt and one day abromivich may fu.ck off or fall off a cliff. If he does then chelski will be devode :D

Two horse race IMO between us and chavski.
Can never count out the manc kunts though and arsenal will finsih 4th.

Am convinced that number 19 is on its way to the trophy cabinet though, this season.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion