Who cares most - Do the players really care.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:16 am

I'm interested in reading other fans views on the players who wear the shirt and play for Liverpool.Who do they think cares when we win or lose?
  There are things about the game now that totally pisses me off.It's not just Liverpool but football in general and how,to me it's been hijacked by the suits with money and the elite players who want their share and to hell with the rest of their colleagues.Fat cats in football who take so much and give back sod all.
  I'll start with the 'Mercenary of Madrid' McMannaman.
His total minutes on the field this season amount to 550.That works out to be 6 games.He has been injury free all year.How can anyone,who claims he loves to play football,come on the pitch for 10 minutes,every other week and claim he enjoys it.Money,cars,villa with pool and £70,000 a week for 10 minutes work does he care about getting a game.... no.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby tockycol » Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:48 am

Care about the club DO THEY FU#K
My old fella worked his boll#cks off for 40 odd years for a pittence but he showed more passion for Liverpool fc in his little finger than the whole of the modern squad put together,
Smicer, biscan ect earn 20 30 grand a week or whatever it is they earn, earn being the operative word.
show me a Tommy smith or an Ian callaghan and i'll show you a Liverpool player with passion.
it was once a privalge to play for liverpool football club now it seems just an easy place to pick up some easy cash.
you'll never walk alone
tockycol

Postby jaypap » Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:03 pm

frankly lads
its a business these days
gone are the days that the jumper meant everything...
it only means everything to us, the fans...
and while we carry on the way we do, and spend the $ the way we do, then, they'll get paid the way they do...
uve heard of the saying, love makes the world go round...
well let me brief u in economics 101
when theirs 50% love by the fans and 50% love by the players, all is fair and everyone does whatever they do for the jumper...when its 100% love by the fans, the players get to live on the spoils of that love and give a shiiiit about little else...
having said that, i do think gerrard carries the most passion for our club amongst the players, but if we cut his salary in half and the mancs offerred to double his salary he'd go down on that freeway faster than a $2 hooker!
insight is a wonderful quality but unfortunately very few players realise how much playing here will mean...as ive always presumed though, this will be a generation where hindsight brings the important things in life to the fore...
and for those who cared little while they played for us, it will be too little too late to make a difference once its over!
jaypap

Postby Glyn s » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:59 pm

??? Some player,s do care some don,t but that happens all the time no matter what you do .
Money has changed player,s attitude and passion for the game
whether they win lose or draw they still get paid and to some of them that,s what it is all about, their is very little loyalty
left in the game now but if players were paid like most other people their attitude towards winning or losing may change.
If you win more pay if you lose less pay it;s that simple give someone an incentive to work harder not money up front.
Glyn s

Postby supersub » Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:47 pm

Players,agents,advisors and failed pop-star wives have all the power in football.We're just the guys that dine on prawn sandwichs- Oh yeah - crisps more like!
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jaypap » Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:51 pm

u get players who play in their local sides and give more to the jumper than professionals...
but then again, the clubs often treat them like 2nd class citizens, so do u blame them?
can anybody tell me what did becks ever do to man u that they were better served by selling him...i reckon fergie treated becks very poorly and the england captain deserves far better....!
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:44 pm

I THINK BECKS IS BETTER OFF OUT OF THERE AND NOW HE IS NOT A MANC I THINK HE CAN GET BETTER  AND I MAY EVEN START LIKING HIM A BIT MORE WHEN HE COMES OUT FOR ENGLAND!!!
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:45 pm

Totally disagree.Beckham is the victim of his and posh's greed for the status as the world's No1 celebrity couple.If he concentrated more on football than his superstar lifestyle he would still be playing for MU.They have just finished a self promoting tour of the USA and they now on a promotional tour of the far east.
Promoting football....no,
maybe posh's musical attributes.....no
Then what...well face cream of course and jewellry,shoes,hair gel anything but football.
Any honest manc will tell you becks was cr#p this season and yes they are sad to see a long time servant go but nobody is bigger than the club.
I'm sick of the whole thing,let the spaniards suffer now.
McMannaman for the Beckham's butler job.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:53 pm

TOTALLY UNFAIR ON STEVIE BOY I THINK, YEAH OK POSH "N"BECKS ARE LOVING THE HYPE THEY GET BUT DID THEY START IT ? "OH NO THEY DID NOT"THEY ARE JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE , IF I WERE IN THIER SITUATION I WOULD MILK IT DRY WOULD'NT YOU ?
I THINK OK MAYBE BECKS DID GET A BIT BIG FOR HIS BOOTS AT MAN U BUT LOOK WHERE HE'S GONE EH! ITS NOT AS THOUGH HE'S BEEN SOLD TO A SHYTE CLUB IS IT.
I THINK THAT THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER FOR HIM IN SPAIN .......................................................
POSH PISSES ME OFF AT THE BEST OF TIMES BUT I THINK THEY WILL THRIVE THERE AND THE SPANIARDS WILL LOVE THEM........
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:24 pm

ss
posh will need all the face cream she can get and i agree they do try and exploit the media but most would too...except 4 our owen...
i heard that becks was in the usa trying out for an actors part and they told him to stick to football cause he was boll##ks at acting...
pity really, cause i couldve seen him for the lead role as mary poppins....
but honestly real will benefit from him cause even though he was down a little this year, he is still world class and will bounce back...
jaypap

Postby tockycol » Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:01 pm

Super has got my surport on this one, Gaz you say did posh and becks ask for the hype they recieved, well i would have to say yes they did.
did they have to go on the parky show and tell the nation there secrets NO.
Did they have appear on every magazine cover on the market NO.
dID  they have to get married in a castle sitting on a throne NO.
did they have to make these visits to the far east and the states NO.
to me it is as clear as daylight they both love the attention and the hype. just look at owen he dosent need all that cr#p
no lads im afraid Spain are gonna regrett ever signing the jumped up little ponce and as far im concerned there welcome to him.
you'll never walk alone
tockycol

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:47 pm

fair enough tock
but real will get back 3 times its investment jsut from the shirts it sells....smart operators wouldnt u say?
jaypap

Postby sangy » Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:47 pm

I think some care more then others as they always been fans of liverppol football club when they were younger and it was always there dream to play, but some more bothered bout not scoring as this wont look good on there record as for the future if they are plannin to move on!!! But thats just some, others care alot its there life to play for lfc!!!
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:27 pm

TOCKS IM NOT SAYING SPAIN ARE NOT WELCOME TO HIM  :)
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:28 pm

Beckham goes too far on all his promotion stuff and i know he might like the adulation but i think all this is down to his wife..funny how her pop career went down the pan an now while she has no other way of promoting HERSELF use Beckhams status to try and get back in the public eye.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion